Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    My bad, meant tier set bonuses.
    Now that talents have become more freeform it will be interesting to see what tier bonuses will look like. Specifically whether they will be built around specific talent builds or not.
    I can see it like
    Frost dk: every 5 frost strikes triggers a guaranteed killing machine.
    Consuming a killing machine proc increases your crit by X%
    Grants the killing machine talent

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That one and the one in the Barrens. Actually, just cleaned up all the Cataclysm ugliness.
    Now that the only race story left is Night Elves (tree seed) it has to happen eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    You could pretty easily fit her In dragon isles, here's a quick idea:

She gets back the Doom Stone, which can absorb a bunch on energy, so she travels to the Dragon Isles which is in the process of waking up with elemental energy. Her plan is to leech all that waking energy to fuel her next conquest of Thuderbluff.

Hell have it so the Horde have a Tauren quest giver for Primal raid who asks for the primals hearts. Turns out their a gimtotem spy who hands those to Magatha. Then 10.2 has a quest chain where elemental empowered gimtotem attack thunderbluff and Baine gets to killed the elder crone. This can be a horde questline to parallel whatever The night Elves do with the seed thingy.
    I... WILL say that this is actually possible. Remember that picture of a dark looking Tauren that looked kind of evil, with flame eyes and some draconic parts?

People said it was Ebonhorn's visage form, but maybe it's a Grimtotem?

At what time (in the US) would Blizzard start working for the day? 7am? 8am? 9? It is currently 07:40 at their office (if my calculations are correct) and wanna know if I have time to mow the lawn before any potential news starts arriving!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The top talent is always mandatory (for both class and spec trees), so that most likely will be the one to be part of the tier set bonuses. Otherwise it will be difficult indeed.
    Nah, Blizzard has never shyed away from making tier set bonuses around unused talents to give them a new lease of life. So they can literally pick whatever they want from the tree and make it around that; in either case, there is a plethora of new build potential with these trees so I wouldn't be surprised if they got a little wacky with the tier sets to follow suit.

Especially since these trees/tier sets are going to be our "patch power"!

Quote Originally Posted by Xofoo View Post
    At what time (in the US) would Blizzard start working for the day? 7am? 8am? 9? It is currently 07:40 at their office (if my calculations are correct) and wanna know if I have time to mow the lawn before any potential news starts arriving!
    They probably start around 9AM and the usual time for news being posted is 10AM (or later for recent talent trees I think?).

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They probably start around 9AM and the usual time for news being posted is 10AM (or later for recent talent trees I think?).
    Awesome! That's plenty of time then! Happy alpha week!

I'd take a guess and say their shifts start around 9am their time and announcements don't typically roll out until around 11am their time.

Maybe there will be a blog post on the new "covenant" factions? Can't see them doing Dracthyr until the last moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Now that the only race story left is Night Elves (tree seed) it has to happen eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

I... WILL say that this is actually possible. Remember that picture of a dark looking Tauren that looked kind of evil, with flame eyes and some draconic parts?

People said it was Ebonhorn's visage form, but maybe it's a Grimtotem?
    I actually haven't seen that Tauren art. You could bring in Ebonhorn and the Highmountains to make it a real dragonic-tauren affair.

Tbh one of the ideas I like about an "unexplored lands" plot is it allows for a bunch of loose threads to be used since they're all there to exploit the lands is pretty good justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    I actually haven't seen that Tauren art. You could bring in Ebonhorn and the Highmountains to make it a real dragonic-tauren affair.

Tbh one of the ideas I like about an "unexplored lands" plot is it allows for a bunch of loose threads to be used since they're all there to exploit the lands is pretty good justification.

Someone who posted it on here also mentioned it... COULD be a protoTauren, and we are finally getting lore on where they came from.

10+ Year Old Account

Someone who posted it on here also mentioned it... COULD be a protoTauren, and we are finally getting lore on where they came from.
    Came from the elemental planes and then curse of flesh...

-.-(I hope thats not the case I hate the curse of flesh concept).

That image is SUPER LIT though
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Came from the elemental planes and then curse of flesh...

-.-(I hope thats not the case I hate the curse of flesh concept).

That image is SUPER LIT though
    Perhaps my tastes are off but I think that tauren looks awfully goofy - At least with humans, dwarfs and the like we got a true model update rather than sticking some spikes here and there with a bit of fire

Magatha and the doomstone coming back would be interesting though... All for that!

7+ Year Old Account
    We already did.

After the Pandaren revolution some Yaungol groups split off, they went north and some settled around the WoE and evolved into Tauren.
    Other groups wandered even further north and became the Taunka.

Formerly known as Arafal

That thing becoming the fire worshipping Yaungol makes sense. Sort of a cool idea, they came from a race of firey cowmen and Ordos effectively tried to reobtain that.

Regardless that thing is bloody cool

1+ Year Old Account
    We’re in the endgame!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We already did.

After the Pandaren revolution some Yaungol groups split off, they went north and some settled around the WoE and evolved into Tauren.
    Other groups wandered even further north and became the Taunka.
    I mean, where the YAUNGOL came from.

We know they and Trolls are not alien like Orcs or Humans are, but because this is WoW, they may have a funky origin.

Tauren being tied to elementals, and Trolls being tied to the lifelands makes a lot of sense to me (orbit around wild gods, have scales and regenerative powers). Also, I just realized the Yaungol Fire -> Tauren An'she connection.

Alpha is up this week my fam

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Specific talents are unlikely to get targeted, but what I wonder is whether they will be designed with the intent of specific builds.
    Will MM get tier bonuses that presuppose you play a certain way, or will they try to make them as vague as possible. Or will they even make tier bonuses give specific talents for free? For MM for instance it is perfectly possible to use the Sepulcher 4-set to get trick shots without actually having picked the talent at all.
    I mean they can use specific talents when they are mandatory for the playstyle, like the top talents - as I said. Besides that I have no clue how they want to do this because in many cases you always could build around a talent and then the tier bonus will be useless.

I could see them unlock some talents for free so you have another free point. This would make sense for bottom (aka the best) talents. Would be pretty boring though as a set bonus.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, where the YAUNGOL came from.

We know they and Trolls are not alien like Orcs or Humans are, but because this is WoW, they may have a funky origin.

Tauren being tied to elementals, and Trolls being tied to the lifelands makes a lot of sense to me (orbit around wild gods, have scales and regenerative powers). Also, I just realized the Yaungol Fire -> Tauren An'she connection.
    Orcs are technically aliens, not humans. Humans originated on Azeroth, Orcs did not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    Nah, Blizzard has never shyed away from making tier set bonuses around unused talents to give them a new lease of life. So they can literally pick whatever they want from the tree and make it around that; in either case, there is a plethora of new build potential with these trees so I wouldn't be surprised if they got a little wacky with the tier sets to follow suit.

Especially since these trees/tier sets are going to be our "patch power"!
    When exactly was this the case? Because unused talent doesn't equal "talent I did not pick". They never had tier sets revolving around talent choices, it was always for skills you always get (let it be unused or not).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again