10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofoo View Post
    At what time (in the US) would Blizzard start working for the day? 7am? 8am? 9? It is currently 07:40 at their office (if my calculations are correct) and wanna know if I have time to mow the lawn before any potential news starts arriving!
    It's just now 8 am. I'm on the west coast which is also Blizzard time. I just hope with all the hype in here when people don't get what they want it doesn't turn into a bitch fest.But it will....never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    It's just now 8 am. I'm on the west coast which is also Blizzard time. I just hope with all the hype in here when people don't get what they want it doesn't turn into a bitch fest.But it will....never fails.
    I mean, there is a chance of absolutely nothing happening today, so I'm sure in that eventually the thread definitely won't be on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Orcs are technically aliens, not humans. Humans originated on Azeroth, Orcs did not.
    True but humans have an alien origin via the Titans.

Tauren precursors and trolls don't have an origin beyond being on early Azeroth. That being said for me Tauren and trolls just evolved on Azeroth without a magical/divine reason is fine by me

1+ Year Old Account
    It’s Monday. Alpha begins Thursday. Secret Alpha is Tuesday/Wednesday. Literally anything can happen. We could get info drops all week, tomorrow, Wednesday, not until Thursday, who knows. Regardless, I have my copium tank and I’m ready to go!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Came from the elemental planes and then curse of flesh...

-.-(I hope thats not the case I hate the curse of flesh concept).

That image is SUPER LIT though
    Elementals can turn to flesh naturally without the curse it’s how we got proto drakes.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean they can use specific talents when they are mandatory for the playstyle, like the top talents - as I said. Besides that I have no clue how they want to do this because in many cases you always could build around a talent and then the tier bonus will be useless.

I could see them unlock some talents for free so you have another free point. This would make sense for bottom (aka the best) talents. Would be pretty boring though as a set bonus.
    Will certainly be interesting to see what the bonuses will end up looking like. Blizzard essentially has two options, either make them entirely devoid of the talent tree options (or at most the mandatory talent) which is easier to balance but more boring. Or make bonuses that cater to specific builds and playstyles, which is more interesting and fun, but also likely to lead to pigeonholing during PvE seasons.

Not sure what option is actually best, but I am curious what it will end up being regardless.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I wonder if the potential for heavy Elemental lore (first raid in DF, dragons come from elements, elune?) is why Cairne got kicked back and Durotan didn't appear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Came from the elemental planes and then curse of flesh...

-.-(I hope thats not the case I hate the curse of flesh concept).

That image is SUPER LIT though
    Well it would fit with Ordos being their fire elemental god in Pandaria.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I mean, where the YAUNGOL came from.
    I mean sure, but that is clearly not a Yaungol.
    The Yaungol where hanging around the South of Kalimdor throughout all of their history, a long ass way from the Isles.

If that model has any importance, it's probably gonna be some new Tauren tribe that allied itself with (black) dragons and ended up there, rather than be their origin story.

But then again, Centaur were the spawn of Theradras and whatever the name of Cenarius' son was, and now we have a whole tribe that is completely unrelated to them and predates their relationship.
    So, who knows?

Formerly known as Arafal

Things Id like to see today:

- Confirmation of a summit (if any)
    - Datamineable build
    - More talent trees
    - Dragonflight systems blueposts
    - Videos with developers talking about whats coming in the Alpha and what they worked on

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    It’s Monday. Alpha begins Thursday. Secret Alpha is Tuesday/Wednesday. Literally anything can happen. We could get info drops all week, tomorrow, Wednesday, not until Thursday, who knows. Regardless, I have my copium tank and I’m ready to go!
    Well T&E said it's gonna be a busy week and they already ramped up infos last week. So I think we will get something new every day 'till the invites go out on Thursday. And the datamining should be available before that unless they encrypt it 'till Thursday.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Things Id like to see today:

- Confirmation of a summit (if any)
    - Datamineable build
    - More talent trees
    - Dragonflight systems blueposts
    - Videos with developers talking about whats coming in the Alpha and what they worked on
    That’s a lot of hopium.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When exactly was this the case? Because unused talent doesn't equal "talent I did not pick". They never had tier sets revolving around talent choices, it was always for skills you always get (let it be unused or not).
    I was alluding more towards unpicked talents being involved - just from the top of my head current frost DK has glacial advance (a dead talent for the majority of this and previous expansions), assa rogue got a version of exsanguinate for their dots etc. These examples are from the most recent raid, so I don't think it's a far cry for blizzard to make a tier set surrounding something that gets skipped often in the new trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    But then again, Centaur were the spawn of Theradras and whatever the name of Cenarius' son was, and now we have a whole tribe that is completely unrelated to them and predates their relationship.
    So, who knows?
    Definitely could be the spawn of Cenarius and an elemental from the Isles. Or from another one of his kids.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well T&E said it's gonna be a busy week and they already ramped up infos last week. So I think we will get something new every day 'till the invites go out on Thursday. And the datamining should be available before that unless they encrypt it 'till Thursday.
    I’m huffing!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I wonder if the potential for heavy Elemental lore (first raid in DF, dragons come from elements, elune?) is why Cairne got kicked back and Durotan didn't appear.
    As long as it ties into dragon lore and it's not another "random first raid tier" then I'll be happy!

- - - Updated - - -

Also WoWhead has been blasting out these class talent tree wishlists... Makes it seem like they know they're running out of time perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy17 View Post
    As long as it ties into dragon lore and it's not another "random first raid tier" then I'll be happy!
    The main enemy on the isles are Lava Giants and the first raid is element themed, even if they showed us dragon bosses first. I think it's very suspicious and that this first raid could have a lot more to do with Elemental lore in general.

1+ Year Old Account
    I’m so ready for 3100!!

3100 hype!!
    Not long now and we will migrate to the proper Dragonflight General Discussion thread, and so the cycle will begin anew.
    The world revamp dream will never die!