The armor that they've previewed for Dracthyr form definitely looks great. However, where most people are (understandably) concerned about the limited amount of armor that shows up in dracthyr form, my concern is the opposite - will we have the option to transmog to *no* armor visible when in Dracthyr form? Essentially looking like they do in the skin color previews where they're not wearing anything and just look like normal dragons standing up? The armor is cool, but dragons in their birthday suits are cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Dracthyr Evoker will have basic Dragonriding (without the upgrades). Whatever you can do at Level 1 Dragonriding is what Dracthyr will be able to do as default.
    The problem with having it just be the initial version is that it will likely be outdated before you even hit max level while effectively depriving dracthyr the ability to effectively fly around as a dragon despite the mechanic literally being called Dragonriding.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Which is kinda silly when you consider the implications of how quickly you get Dragonriding during levelling. It will barely even be a funsies racial when considering how useless it would be compared to mounting up normally.
    Make it scale to your Dragonriding level and share whatever limitations like stamina and whatever and nothing will change except let dracthyr fly like the dragons they are supposed to be.
    Agreed. I hope that they’d do this.

I want them to also be able to fly outside of DF on their own with the normal 310% flying, especially since they will already have the animations for flight/hovering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

So they get to be muscular without the bulky option to make them distinct from Drakonids and they get armor. Lovely selection of horns as well.

The thin option has ridiculous thighs for their chest size but what can you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prenderghast View Post
    The armor that they've previewed for Dracthyr form definitely looks great. However, where most people are (understandably) concerned about the limited amount of armor that shows up in dracthyr form, my concern is the opposite - will we have the option to transmog to *no* armor visible when in Dracthyr form? Essentially looking like they do in the skin color previews where they're not wearing anything and just look like normal dragons standing up? The armor is cool, but dragons in their birthday suits are cooler
    I mean you can hide everything but pants and they don't seem to wear pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Prenderghast View Post
    Oh 100%. I am certainly going to use as little armor as possible if my Evoker can look like some of those previews

I am quite excited for their tier set preview so will probably make a look centered around some of those slots, but naked otherwise woo!

Pleasantly surprising that the thicker body + spiked shoulders and stronger neck/jaw/snout features exist. But there's a decent amount of those different facial features, which makes me wonder if these were added after the reveal or if they had some finished, because if they had some finished then it was definitely the wrong move to show Dracthyr as smooth instead of jagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Agreed. I hope that they’d do this.

I want them to also be able to fly outside of DF on their own with the normal 310% flying, especially since they will already have the animations for flight/hovering.
    Agreed! It would truly be such a missed opportunity to introduce a dragon race to the game that has flying animations but isn't able to fully fly by themselves. It would get *so* close to the dragon fantasy while missing it completely.

Kind of like when they introduced the savage werewolf race that is the Worgen but forced them to hold weapons like any average schmuck in order to fight rather than having a "hide weapon" transmog to just use their claws, and in so doing completely missed the racial fantasy there as well. Still bitter about that, haha

Body Type 4 looks fantastic. I think it also confirms beards for them? The red guy seems to have a beard.

Nice to see fake armors for customization, will help people look unique.

Really interested to see if they confirm combat visage form tomorrow, as it was completely missing here.

1+ Year Old Account
    Filling the tank! Excuse me..

Seeing them in full armor with this customization is definitely a huge disappointment that they're locked to Evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed010 View Post
    Seeing them in full armor with this customization is definitely a huge disappointment that they're locked to Evoker.
    I doubt that will last very long, I can see them opening up more classes in 11.0 if they keep it for DF.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I doubt that will last very long, I can see them opening up more classes in 11.0 if they keep it for DF.
    And that would be a lore friendly solution as well.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them do the same thing they did with Allied race dks.

oh definitely
    the reason for the lock is "they have been asleep for thousands of years and do not know what a warrior or mage is"
    so we will definitely have the race slightly changed at minmum

I think the basic classes (Warr/Rogue/Hunter) and then a select few like Mage, Druid and Shaman may be on the table later down the line.

Druid because they use Dream magic, but... druid forms are hard, they may want to let another older race be druid, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    oh definitely
    the reason for the lock is "they have been asleep for thousands of years and do not know what a warrior or mage is"
    so we will definitely have the race slightly changed at minmum
    Eh, the reason is that part of their tooltip are classic dragon abilities like their tails, their wings or their breath.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Eh, the reason is that part of their tooltip are classic dragon abilities like their tails, their wings or their breath.
    That's the reason for why other races can't be evokers, not why dracthyr can't be other classes. Because in order for the other races to be Evoker they would have to turn into a Dracthyr in combat (which is doable but sounds overly complicated).

Even if Visage forms are used in combat, they will still turn into a dragon form for certain spells.

i meant lorewise
    as for the tail and everything that can be racials
    melee attacks deal extra damage
    damage reduction because of scales
    limited flying
    weak breath

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    That's the reason for why other races can't be evokers, not why dracthyr can't be other classes. Because in order for the other races to be Evoker they would have to turn into a Dracthyr in combat (which is doable but sounds overly complicated).

Even if Visage forms are used in combat, they will still turn into a dragon form for certain spells.
    Yeah but giving other classes 4-5 main dracthyr abilities as racials would be quite op. And btw, I would like a Dracthyr mage/rogue/shaman but I don't think we will get them down the line.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yeah but giving other classes 4-5 main dracthyr abilities as racials would be quite op. And btw, I would like a Dracthyr mage/rogue/shaman but I don't think we will get them down the line.
    i mean they can design a different kind of breath
    we have like 10 different single target point builders in the game