1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Dismiss? We know the Dragons Isles are huge. They are larger than Northrend and Northrend had tons of dead space and was still huge. Modern wow does not do dead space. Even if an area is not constantly active, there will still be a reason for it to be there; an easter egg, a treasure, a small event. We know it was designed to interact with dragon riding and we know there is a separate team doing world content. If it doesn't have a lot of it I would be surprised in a very bad way.

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you are saying but we don't really learn much from that screenshot. For one thing, the UI should be modular. Standard practice would also mean that the base UI should be reasonably close to what we currently have so the transition is less jarring. I share your hope that much of what is widely done with weak auras now will be available through the modules that make up the new UI system. But I still don't think a screenshot allows us to make any judgments or really furthers speculation. All we get from it is that there will be effectively be an option to filter or collapse the buff bar.
    That’s my point. I’ve been the one preaching and reiterating on the whole “I’ve watched all interviews, there’s an entire team working on outdoor content.” I was asking what kinds of content could they create? Dragonriding is certainly going to take form in some way (so excited for that), but what else?

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    That’s my point. I’ve been the one preaching and reiterating on the whole “I’ve watched all interviews, there’s an entire team working on outdoor content.” I was asking what kinds of content could they create? Dragonriding is certainly going to take form in some way (so excited for that), but what else?
    We don't know much about the story tbh which really limits what we can predict. We could have small elemental invasions taking over areas of the world that you need to beat back. We can have profession related events like with Legion fishing and MoP cooking. We could have something like a lot of world bosses instead of just one per week which spawn more randomly, have enough health so people can travel from the capital and still get to them and drop important professional reagents. We could have larger events like rebuilding specific locations in different zones by defending them from attacks, contributing profession crafts and gathering supplies.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-13 at 11:04 AM.

Well, they just would have to look at Guild Wars 2 and its event system which they made even bigger in later expansions. Map meta events would work really well in WoW. Besides that? Hardly anything they can do. They won't reinvent the wheel.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Late to the party but it looks like the health bar hasn’t changed yet on the new UI. Wonder what options we’ll get for scaling and transparency, and if we’ll be able to move the quest grid. UI resets were always troublesome.

1+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see world building events. Think of how the zones changed in previous expansions as we progressed story quests. Heck, think of Quel’Danas in TBC. Those quests we did as a server, all around the isle, and it changed the way buildings looked, NPCs, etc. (I never played MoP patch 5.1/5.2 was there something similar for the Horde/Alliance invading??)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, they just would have to look at Guild Wars 2 and its event system which they made even bigger in later expansions. Map meta events would work really well in WoW. Besides that? Hardly anything they can do. They won't reinvent the wheel.
    I'd want anything but a job simulator WoW. Having to have a timetable to play WoW effectively sounds like a nightmare.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see world building events. Think of how the zones changed in previous expansions as we progressed story quests. Heck, think of Quel’Danas in TBC. Those quests we did as a server, all around the isle, and it changed the way buildings looked, NPCs, etc. (I never played MoP patch 5.1/5.2 was there something similar for the Horde/Alliance invading??)
    I love games with "Building up your own base over a long period of time" so I would love something like that. Molten Front did it really well for example.

"The 400$ isn't enough to stop them being held accountable by the law." Well... I'm curious what ABK is meant to do to protect their employees from the law other than move their employees out of a state?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

1+ Year Old Account
    I’d prefer to keep this out of our discussion.

smh - murica. (related to the whole situation, not the walkout, which i am definitely supporting)

Anyway. Last time I checked, the 21. July was not inbetween today and the 14. July, which is supposidly the start of the alpha.

I’d prefer to keep this out of our discussion.
    Thats fair, and if the Alpha goes up this week, nothing stops it being active during the walk out.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Good. I'd rather have more unions than an Alpha.

1+ Year Old Account
    It’s not that I don’t want to talk about it because I think that it’s not important. It is. However, this channel really should focus on 10.0 speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Good. I'd rather have more unions than an Alpha.
    Agreed but Catastrophy349 makes a good point.

This isn't the thread for very good political news.

----------

Personally I hope the large zones alllows for some "Cloud Serpent Riders" style areas I really enjoyed that in MoP.

Idk like you slowly improve your standing with some Centaur Dragonslayers. Maybe get a Centaur mount that talks to you? Complains about you being to heavy if your a Tauren etc.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-07-13 at 11:47 AM.

It’s not that I don’t want to talk about it because I think that it’s not important. It is. However, this channel really should focus on 10.0 speculation.
    "channel" and "chat" dude ur not on twitch lol.

1+ Year Old Account
    Taking ALL bets for what happens today?

-More “leaks”
    -Evoker blog
    -Dragonriding blog
    -Talents
    -Alpha announcement
    -Datamining

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    "channel" and "chat" dude ur not on twitch lol.
    That’s what you took away from what I said? Using the word “channel” instead of “forum” or “thread”? At 7:47 a.m. while typing on my phone?

Honestly, nobody cares about this stuff. It's a very echo chamber thing and I doubt Alpha will be affected by this.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would be very surprised if we won't have datamining today. Of course not on usual news hour, but during their day.

1+ Year Old Account
    I hooked up the copium tank for everyone’s entertainment. I’ll try my best not to overhype as much as possible.