10+ Year Old Account
    I am quite pleased with what I've seen so far....think it looks great. I'm not real sure if I'll play a dracthyr long term though. Never been into healing and my main has been a bm hunter for the last 100 years or so, the dps dracthyr might be hard to get used to. I will however make one and check it out...who knows? Dragon riding looks like so much fun...can't wait! Well I have to but you know what I mean

I'm more into this expansion than I thought I was gonna be. I'm completely sold on dracthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I hate that "profession tables" are required. It is cool "lore" and all but it always sucks to be limited to creating things at a set location. The mobile tables shouldn't be limited to alchemists and should just be something you earn.
    It'll be one of those things players complain from today untill well after launch and Blizz will finally fix it in 10.3 (or 10.2 if the expansion is cut short again).

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGTX View Post
    Is it possible that maybe we'd plant the new world tree there? The plains zone is where the green dragon influence is so I wouldn't be surprised if we buddy buddy up to them if they'd let us plant the seed.
    That's a very good idea!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Weird to see. The next raid tier is supposed to be set underneath the Drac'thyr Island to fight the Neltharion threat he spotted there. Maybe there's a return of Patch dungeons too?
    Sorry Neltharion is back? Or a threat related to him?

Grimtotem boss in the primalist raid.

Nothing much else jumps out at me at present though. Nothing familiar anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Sorry Neltharion is back? Or a threat related to him?
    Neltharion found a threat underneath The Forbidden Reaches which is why he made the Drac'thyr happen and basically the Drac'thyr were made to destroy this threat underneath it.

10.1 having a map that was tagged with not being revealed until 10.1 and it being a dungeon indicate that it might mean we have a Dungeon and a Raid for 10.1 major patch.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I think the Dragon Isles weren't always secluded. Just like Pandaria?
    The cinematic shows it: They were hidden during War of the Ancients (Legion's first Invasion) at the literal height of the Kaldorei Empire's power.

Yeah I think elves had seem some dragons on Kalimdor or even on Dragon Isles at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Grimtotem boss in the primalist raid.

Nothing much else jumps out at me at present though. Nothing familiar anyway.
    There's (probably) an infinite Dragonflight in Uldaman

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Neltharion found a threat underneath The Forbidden Reaches which is why he made the Drac'thyr happen and basically the Drac'thyr were made to destroy this threat underneath it.

10.1 having a map that was tagged with not being revealed until 10.1 and it being a dungeon indicate that it might mean we have a Dungeon and a Raid for 10.1 major patch.
    Oooh wonder if it's the mantis things?

I should specify, I was focusing on the raid, not dungeons at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ummmm, back in the days there was one big continent.
    Dragon Isles weren't part of Kalimdor. The cinematic shows the first Legion Invasion happening other side of the sea as they hide the Isles away.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh wonder if it's the mantis things?
    That would make sense. The mantis things are likely taken from the early concept art of the Mantid, so might be proto-mantid or some other Aqir offshoot, tying it all back to the Old Gods.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That would make sense. The mantis things are likely taken from the early concept art of the Mantid, so might be proto-mantid or some other Aqir offshoot, tying it all back to the Old Gods.
    Jesus poor deathwing just couldn't get away from those tentacled bastards.

Old God stuff would interesting considering that they're all basically dead

Holy shit man Dragon Riding looks so fun and FAST!

The base lvl which is what Dracthyr use is like twice as fast as normal flying mounts. Imagine how fast it will be when leveled to max.

Shame you can't use it in old zones. It would make old flying mounts obsolete.

I wasn't sold on Dracthyr at all when they first got announced, but now I love them. Their customizations are incredible.

Is there a summary of Towelie's interview with ion?

Damn, people who look at Dragon Riding and the only opinion they have is "it's shit" have absolutely no idea what a good thing is even if it slapped them in the face.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Damn, people who look at Dragon Riding and the only opinion they have is "it's shit" have absolutely no idea what a good thing is even if it slapped them in the face.
    And you are basically describing the opposite end of the spectrum. It really isn't anything all that amazing. It is basically the brewfest ram race but in the air. Don't get me wrong it will still be an interesting addition to the game but both sides should be tempered.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    I am unbelievably disappointed that dracthyr are just elves/humans with a druid form, i'm still gonna try it, i hope the gameplay can carry it

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And you are basically describing the opposite end of the spectrum. It really isn't anything all that amazing. It is basically the brewfest ram race but in the air. Don't get me wrong it will still be an interesting addition to the game but both sides should be tempered.
    It's the Brewfest ram race except there are several variants per zone, it's more interractive, and unlike the ram race it's using skills you would want to learn to become more efficient at using flying in the open world.
    So really quite a bit different from ram racing.

Also, given there are achievements becoming good at dragonriding has tangible benefits to itself, as opposed to Ram Racing being one minigame among many that gives Brewfest rewards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

1+ Year Old Account
    Had a great time with everyone! Enjoy the Dragonflight Alpha and all the awesome news that released today. Stay positive! -Catastrophy