10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I bet the thing underneath Forbidden Reach is Chromatus.
    How would it get there since Chromatus was...well not there at somepoint and the Dragon Isles were unavailable until now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I bet the thing underneath Forbidden Reach is Chromatus.
    That wouldn't make much sense.

Chromatus was created and sealed in the modern era of Warcraft. Whatever the issue is under there was present thousands of years ago. I suppose they could move Chromatus' prison there, sure, but the talk was a return of an "ancient enemy" that awakens the Dracthyr. Chromatus isn't ancient.

Unless the Wowhead datamining nameis just something they made up, it looks like the crab-like creatures that look like Mantid ARE actually "Primal Mantid".

Also I think one of the Primals is a dungeon boss. So they won't all be raid bosses like the storm one.

LOTS of Stone Sethrak variants. Maybe they are getting origin lore this expansion? Which is odd, as Sethraliss is a wild god.
    Just a reminder: Ignore file names because Blizzard stopped giving actual proper filenames to files.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    How would it get there since Chromatus was...well not there at somepoint and the Dragon Isles were unavailable until now.
    Or that he wasn't even created when the Forbidden Reach "had something underneath it". It could be another chromatic or "prismatic" experiment for sure. I don't see Blizzard doing large retcons just for name recongition of a bad guy but they've done stranger things so who knows.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw I am so hoping those Primal animal forms end up druid forms. That Primal Cat is awesome.
    Just makes me want Claws of Shirvallah back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The concept art had wings, its just they were separate from the body to show off both.

Anyway there's several models on the front page right now that correspond with the concept art.
    This just looks like Glaurung from the Tolkienverse had Eevee style evolutions.

So much hype, im ready for DF and my Drakthyr!

10+ Year Old Account
    Me thinks its a "How dare you chose the Titans over the power of the ELEMENTS, USURPERS!"

(Not trying to simplify it in a negative way but that might be a vibe we get). And when there's elementals...
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wonder when WoWhead will have the Drakthyr in the dressing room so I can play with the customisation options :3

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Me thinks its a "How dare you chose the Titans over the power of the ELEMENTS, USURPERS!"

(Not trying to simplify it in a negative way but that might be a vibe we get). And when there's elementals...
    See, Elementals predate the void. Actually Elementals predate EVERYTHING on Azeroth. It's very much possible that Elemental is the natural state of the material plane (the place between the six forces).

I hope my DK gets an appropriate undeath-themed dragon cosmetic option. I would settle with having the Legion class mount being retroactively given the rigging and animations for dragon riding though.

Galakrond maybe being a thing gives me hope.

So one of my favourite things in each new xpac is all the trade goods

And Dragonflight as expected with professions is bring a truly wide variety. Plus we are getting elemental materials again!

Also the gems are named after the aspects only . .. for some reason the Blue one is named Kalecite instead of I don't know, Malycite?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-15 at 04:01 PM.

See, Elementals predate the void. Actually Elementals predate EVERYTHING on Azeroth. It's very much possible that Elemental is the natural state of the material plane (the place between the six forces).
    Considering the Rock Furbolg and a quest where a bad shaman says that is their natural form, I think we are building to a reveal that the Elements are the source point for all of Life. Maybe the Zereth of Lifelands pumps out the elements first and foremost.

The dragons come from elements, and are empowered by the titans through the moon, so there may be an Elune connection that doubles that Life theme.

Remember how the centaurs were born by Cenarius kid banging a rock lady? Maybe that's not so weird after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the Rock Furbolg and a quest where a bad shaman says that is their natural form, I think we are building to a reveal that the Elements are the source point for all of Life. Maybe the Zereth of Lifelands pumps out the elements first and foremost.

The dragons come from elements, and are empowered by the titans through the moon, so there may be an Elune connection that doubles that Life theme.

Remember how the centaurs were born by Cenarius kid banging a rock lady? Maybe that's not so weird after all.
    Better origin then the curse of flesh nonsense.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    So one of my favourite things in each new xpac is all the trade goods

And Dragonflight as expected with professions is bring a truly wide variety. Plus we are getting elemental materials again!

Also the gems are named after the aspects only . .. for some reason the Blue one is named Kalecite instead of I don't know, Malycite?
    Probably because Kalecgos is the new leader of the Blue Flight after Malygos died so they decided to change the name of their gems.

Isn't that already canonical though, with Spirit and Decay being part of it along with Earth, Fire, Water and Air?

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Probably because Kalecgos is the new leader of the Blue Flight after Malygos died so they decided to change the name of their gems.
    That sounds crazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Isn't that already canonical though, with Spirit and Decay being part of it along with Earth, Fire, Water and Air?
    It's implied through the Cosmology chart but I don't think anything has concretely said "Elements come from the plane of Life". As in the same place the Dream comes from.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's implied through the Cosmology chart but I don't think anything has concretely said "Elements come from the plane of Life". As in the same place the Dream comes from.
    Where else would they come from? Planets have a fiery core, lots of earth, water and an atmosphere, so air.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Chronicles tells us the elementals are one of the first forms of life in the universe and that organic life that isn’t made by the titans is from the 5th element spirit turning elementals to flesh, so while not quite “from the plane of life” it’s all been rather explicit since chronicles.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't really fit the lore of Elementals. As when they died they would eventually materialize back on Azeroth. If the Lifelands is their source then wouldn't they go back there? The Titans created the elemental prison to keep the elementals contained because they were unkillable. Interestingly that regen capability seems to have been severed with the prison since Ragnaros is dead and Blizzard it is implied that he isn't just "regenerating".

Also the origin of Centaur have never been stated. Do you have a source for the rock lady? There was a Nigh elven "rumor" that they are bastard children of Cenarius but that was never a official source of their origin. The RPG had them as children Cenarius gave birth to but that is no longer canon. Or are you just mixing "head canon" in at will?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."