7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Why would they reuse old Wrath bosses for the pre-event for Shadowlands?

Because it's a prepatch. The interview with a Blizzard employee literally called it a Level 60 version of the current Uldaman.
    There is a difference between making old dungeon bosses into open world rares and scaling up an old, lame dungeon that's not even HD if you already have an updated version at hand. Shadowlands pre-event was a cheap whatever "event" while for Dragonflight, they return to "we give you a dungeon as a tease" way of MoP and WoD. They also said that Alex would send us to retrieve discs of Tyr during the pre-patch, which fit the name of the new wing aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    That's not true. You need to be subbed. https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...M6_N0fKtQ&s=19
    Which is a good change tbh.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-07-20 at 08:19 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of the Astral Star View Post
    Blizzard PLEASE JUST. LET US BE ANY RACE AT THIS POINT, NO ONE CARES ABOUT CUSTOMIZATION.
    I definitely care about customizations, especially after seeing how many options the current half-elf bodies have. It'd be great to see others get the options they want, but it'd definitely feel like an afterthought if they don't put a huge amount of work into it. Maybe some people would be happy with that, but I wouldn't pick a model with some lazy additions over the current models, and I'm personally glad that they worked so hard on this one instead of slapping horns and scales on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...52702782578688

So, Noz's evilification is definitely happening.
    That dialogue actually makes me suspect that it's not so certain. It's definitely getting addressed, but it seems like it might not be entirely inevitable- and it may actually be dependent on a timeline that requires us to completely fail one of our main goals on the Isles. I don't expect him to actually become the sole Aspect, after all.

Maybe he'll still end up corrupted and Anachronos will become the new Timeless One instead, but I wonder if he might find a way to avoid his fate.

I wonder how inspired Steve will be by the multiverse phase that Marvel has been doing with the infinite dragonflight
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

Even if I am a bit late: Earthliving Weapon for Restoration Shaman is back, I'm so happy they finally realized that this ability added flavor and was nice to have.

The talent tree itself looks massive and some talents exists twice (Healing Stream Totem for class and spec for Restoration), do we know if this is a bug or is the calculator just not updated correctly? And some of the talent placements are a mess, but they did a good job for Shaman. Surprisingly one most say when we think of the Shaman design philosophy during the last years.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-07-20 at 08:44 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I wonder how inspired Steve will be by the multiverse phase that Marvel has been doing with the infinite dragonflight
    I hope he will be! WoD actually works quite well if you think about it as an alternative universe rather than "time travel". Could also be a good way to let us fight some prominent npc's aswell as give us their weapons (it's still a shame we never got our hands on Grommash's axe and Nerzhul's staff ...). Imagine an alternate Universe Guardian Khadgar that drops an HD Atiesh <3

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Maybe he'll still end up corrupted and Anachronos will become the new Timeless One instead, but I wonder if he might find a way to avoid his fate.
    Why not Soridormi?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why not Soridormi?
    Being dead is kind of a limiter. Though that hasn't stopped warcraft characters before I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I hope he will be! WoD actually works quite well if you think about it as an alternative universe rather than "time travel". Could also be a good way to let us fight some prominent npc's aswell as give us their weapons (it's still a shame we never got our hands on Grommash's axe and Nerzhul's staff ...). Imagine an alternate Universe Guardian Khadgar that drops an HD Atiesh <3
    But it is an alternate universe. The past wasn't changed.

The worst part about it was that they said "the legion is the same across all universes".

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

The worst part about it was that they said "the legion is the same across all universes".
    Yeah, that last bit made absolutely no sense at all. I really wish there was a way to scrap that.

Also, new Uldaman looks n-e-a-t!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

Yeah but most people didn't got the memo and thought it was a weird version of time travel instead.

And I never got the complains about the legion, imo it makes sense to have the "cosmic" aspects to be outside of the physical universes. Just define our timeline as the "sacred timeline" that's the only stable and suddenly it's not a problem anymore (which is something they did I think with chronicles?).

But having multiple timelines that all try to become the sacred timeline and start incursions is an awesome idea! But than again, I also do love the MCU.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why not Soridormi?
    Anachronos was already named as Nozdormu's heir. The bronze flight actually has a clear line of succession, it's probably because Nozdormu knows his expected fate but I don't think that's been explicitly explained.

I've seen plenty of speculation about Chromie becoming Nozdormu's successor instead but I can't really see Nozdormu overlooking that when naming his official heir.
    Last edited by Eldryth; 2022-07-20 at 08:57 AM.

I mean, WoD would have made sense as an alternate universe kind of thing, but it's an alternate universe AND time travel.

The Legion being the same across all universes doesn't really make much sense the way it is written as well. There has to be an AU Archimonde/Kil'jaeden or else Velen fleeing to Draenor wouldn't really make much sense. I get what they were trying to do, but it falls flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Tbh, I think without covid, team restructuring and new work from home we can and should expect a Broken shore/9.1 sized patch every 6 months at the minimum. No large delays. Preferably patches as big or bigger than Legion with a similar content cadence.
    I agree with this. In the last years patches got smaller, which is a shame. 5.2 (Isle of Thunder), 6.2 (Hellfire Peninsula), 7.3 (Argus) and even 8.2 (Nazjatar) were such massive patches with a lot of new systems added, I hope they go back to this and do it more often. I at least expect two massive content patches per expansion, not just one like it was the case in BfA and Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Anachronos was already named as Nozdormu's heir. The bronze flight actually has a clear line of succession, it's probably because Nozdormu knows his expected fate but I don't think that's been explicitly explained.

I've seen plenty of speculation about Chromie becoming Nozdormu's successor instead but I can't really see Nozdormu overlooking that when naming his official heir.
    They can easily kill him off. Either that or Chromie becomes the surprise villain.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Yeah but most people didn't got the memo and thought it was a weird version of time travel instead.

And I never got the complains about the legion, imo it makes sense to have the "cosmic" aspects to be outside of the physical universes. Just define our timeline as the "sacred timeline" that's the only stable and suddenly it's not a problem anymore (which is something they did I think with chronicles?).

But having multiple timelines that all try to become the sacred timeline and start incursions is an awesome idea! But than again, I also do love the MCU.
    It diminishes the Legion for me.

For example, the Manoroth we saw dying in the WoD cinematic, that's supposed to be the same Manoroth that died in WC3. If so, which happened first? Does he do that in all the timelines? Why did he die so easily?

And the other thing that bothers me is the fact that the legion isn't that vast. They just keep respawning. Which makes them more of an annoyance than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I agree with this. In the last years patches got smaller, which is a shame. 5.2 (Isle of Thunder), 6.2 (Hellfire Peninsula), 7.3 (Argus) and even 8.2 (Nazjatar) were such massive patches with a lot of new systems added, I hope they go back to this and do it more often. I at least expect two massive content patches per expansion, not just one like it was the case in BfA and Shadowlands.
    A smaller .1 patch like the 7.1 or 8.1 patches is fine, followed by a large 5.2 sized patch, and then followed by a massive ending patch like Argus that can last about 10 months.

So

10.0 lanch
    10.0.5 2 months into launch. Quality of life fixes and small content updates.
    10.1- 5 months into launch. New raid and small zone or expansion of content on existing zones.
    10.1.5- 8 months into launch. Small gameplay updates. Timewalking expansion, brwalers guild etc.
    10.2- 11 months into launch. New raid and large zone with new gameplay system and a dungeon.
    10.2.5- 14 months into launch. Same as 10.1.5.
    10.3- 17 months into launch. Massive huge zone/zones. new dungeon/s gameplay systems, new raid etc.
    10.3.5- 21 months into launch. Story finale.
    11.0-24-25 months after 10.0.

That would be my ideal patch cycle. Longer waits intbetween patches than legion but much less waiting at the end of the expansion.

Thats also 4 raid tiers. You could cancel the 10.0.5 patch and release 10.1 sooner without a new raid, and maybe just a megadungeon and small zone. 10.2 would then launch around 6-7 months after launch instead shifting the patch timeframe forward 3-5 months.

They can easily kill him off. Either that or Chromie becomes the surprise villain.
    Who doesn't want a crazy mad Gnome Dragon to be a villain? I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its also possible they want to get expansion launches back to a summer timeframe and will cut a raid tier to launch 11.0 in August or September instead. It would still leave only 7-10 months of the final tier which is fine IMO. I kind of prefer 8 or 9 months to relax before a new expansion anyways.

A smaller .1 patch like the 7.1 or 8.1 patches is fine, followed by a large 5.2 sized patch, and then followed by a massive ending patch like Argus that can last about 10 months.

So

10.0 lanch
    10.0.5 2 months into launch. Quality of life fixes and small content updates.
    10.1- 5 months into launch. New raid and small zone or expansion of content on existing zones.
    10.1.5- 8 months into launch. Small gameplay updates. Timewalking expansion, brwalers guild etc.
    10.2- 11 months into launch. New raid and large zone with new gameplay system and a dungeon.
    10.2.5- 14 months into launch. Same as 10.1.5.
    10.3- 17 months into launch. Massive huge zone/zones. new dungeon/s gameplay systems, new raid etc.
    10.3.5- 21 months into launch. Story finale.
    11.0-24-25 months after 10.0.

That would be my ideal patch cycle. Longer waits intbetween patches than legion but much less waiting at the end of the expansion.

Thats also 4 raid tiers. You could cancel the 10.0.5 patch and release 10.1 sooner without a new raid, and maybe just a megadungeon and small zone. 10.2 would then launch around 6-7 months after launch instead shifting the patch timeframe forward 3-5 months.
    I really just think they should replicate Legion's patch cycle and everything will be fine.

7.0 - expansion launch with a raid
    7.1 - new mega dungeon
    7.1.5 - new raid (that's already been known of but got a delayed release like Nighthold or BoD)
    7.2 - new zone and dungeon
    7.2.5 - new raid
    7.3 - new zone and ~ 2 weeks later the new raid (and possibly a new dungeon as well)
    7.3.5 - wrapping things off, maybe a closing chapter to the expansion and new stuff (allied races, cross faction etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

Its also possible they want to get expansion launches back to a summer timeframe and will cut a raid tier to launch 11.0 in August or September instead. It would still leave only 7-10 months of the final tier which is fine IMO. I kind of prefer 8 or 9 months to relax before a new expansion anyways.
    I personally hate Summer launches for expansions, I think November always works best. MoP in September wasn't bad either, but Legion and BfA in August just felt wrong imho.

It's possible in theory, but not really plausible. Nozdormu knew his fate and was able to see into the future, I find it hard to believe that he'd fail to choose an heir who actually survives to replace him. Anachronos should be safe unless we manage to radically alter the timeline in a way he can't possibly forsee, like preventing his turn to Murozond.

As for the villain, I'd be very surprised if it isn't a revived Galakrond at this point.