Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because players have repeatedly proven themselves incapable of any kind of moderation and will unhealthily binge unless forced.
    Binge? People will consume the product that is available yes. And because a majority of people do not enjoy repeatable content, at least not past a small number of repetitions, they will stop playing. That is not unhealthy. The game actually offers a solid amount of content for the price tag if you could actually experience the content within a sub or two. But they stretch that out with timegating so that even people who are not interested in "endgame" i.e. farming the same content with slight variations ad infinitum have to stick around. It's artificial scarcity.

Would we accuse someone who uses most of their free time to finish a CRPG like e.g. the Witcher 3 as an unhealthy binger? People expect to get value for their entertainment. And for many people the value of questing and initially experiencing instanced content far surpasses repeating that content; this is the most likely reason why every new expansion sees a peak in subscribers and it drops a few months after.

Imo the issue is with the obsession of keeping people online in your game. Get their money, let them have their fun and then let them go.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-29 at 09:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    OMFG I can't believe my boy Lor'themar got married and we missed it! Like, wtf-
    I wonder what the ceremony was like, was it in like a trailer park camp? Since both races are/were crackheads/addicts
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I wonder what the ceremony was like, was it in like a trailer park camp? Since both races are/were crackheads/addicts
    They are addicts but they are rich addicts. Twilight Vineyards wedding.

What classes do you guys will get talents next? Warrior seems a safe bet for next week, maybe monk?

Quote Originally Posted by unfunnymeme View Post
    That shouldn't be a problem. That's a choice, on the player's part. If they do it, it's the their own fault, and devs should grow a spine and tell them that.
    Modern game development tries way too hard to control every little detail of a person's play experience, but the game was much more fun back when you went and chose what you wanted to do, how you wanted to approach something, and how much time you wanted to put into it(wotlk).
    That's just straight-up lying now. You can still chose what you want to do, and there's always been a limit to how much was available to you at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Binge? People will consume the product that is available yes.
    Yes, binge. They will try to consume it all at once in as little time as possible. Lack of self-control.

Yes, binge. They will try to consume it all at once in as little time as possible. Lack of self-control.
    Why is it lack of self-control? Why should they experience the story and the game slowly over months when it is available otherwise? They can do other things, play other games, read a book, anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, this is a loose-loose situation for Blizz. Release all content at once, people will binge it, burn out and then complain they have nothing left to do. Time-gate it, and different complaints will follow.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-29 at 01:55 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why is it lack of self-control? Why should they experience the story and the game slowly over months when it is available otherwise? They can do other things, play other games, read a book, anything.
    They could, you know just as well as anyone they will be on the forums complaining about a lack of content instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    They need to work on the Dragonriding barrel roll animation.

The way the wings just snap back in just looks horrible.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, this is a loose-loose situation for Blizz. Release all content at once, people will binge it, burn out and then complain they have nothing left to do. Time-gate it, and different complaints will follow.
    Which is definitely why timegating it is the better option at this point. At least it ensures a playerbase for longer, which tends to be what you want in an MMO.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

That's just straight-up lying now. You can still chose what you want to do, and there's always been a limit to how much was available to you at once.
    Being limited in the amount of content available =/= being limited in the methods to approach that content.
    Again, the speed at which it is consumed is not the dev's issue, it's the player's. This authoritarian crap of forcing people to wait for things because you don't think they need to experience it at their own pace is bad. Put it out, let people do what they want. If people want to throw on a tabard and sit on their ass in dungeons till they literally die like hardcore brothers in Asia do it, then let them do it.

Being limited in the amount of content available =/= being limited in the methods to approach that content.
    Again, the speed at which it is consumed is not the dev's issue, it's the player's. This authoritarian crap of forcing people to wait for things because you don't think they need to experience it at their own pace is bad. Put it out, let people do what they want. If people want to throw on a tabard and sit on their ass in dungeons till they literally die like hardcore brothers in Asia do it, then let them do it.
    Its the devs problem when the games income is tied to how long it takes you to consume content.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its the devs problem when the games income is tied to how long it takes you to consume content.
    As long as the corporate god makes out like a bandit, everything is ok I guess. Praise be.
    This shit's off topic anyway and I can't say what I'd like about it, so oh well. Last I'm commenting on it.

Would still like to know if any of the dragonriding mounts are shrinking character models while you're mounted. It's a huge issue for me personally and I cannot ignore it, I've tried for a long time with my Zandalari's pterrordax.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, new UI looks great. The amount of customizability is impressive. Watching streams for a sec I thought peeps were using WA's and nameplate addons.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What classes do you guys will get talents next? Warrior seems a safe bet for next week, maybe monk?
    My guess is Demon Hunter and Warrior with Warlock and Monk last.

- - - Updated - - -

This video will always be relevant when it comes to the time-gating debate.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    They could, you know just as well as anyone they will be on the forums complaining about a lack of content instead.
    The vast majority will not. They will just stop playing. And that is OK. The narrative that it is an "unhealthy" way to play is fed by devs because it is bad for the company, not for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    May be something for a later patch. The recent Dragonriding post by Blizzard again repeated there being four dragon mounts, not five, so I figured something like this wasn't in the cards, at least initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    They need to work on the Dragonriding barrel roll animation.

The way the wings just snap back in just looks horrible.
    It's impressive I still get Pepe's voice in my mind every time someone says "Barrel roll"

You have always had both. And it very much is the dev's issue when the players keep complaining about it. Your assumption that it is the player's right to dictate to the devs how the game is to be played is just as bad.

So 3 days until the next build I'm guessing warrior will be the next reveal with holy pally