Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It sounded exactly like Demon Hunters in the pre-patch: Evokers would only be playable for the last two weeks of the pre-patch, two weeks before DF launch. Demons Hunters were only playable for the last 2 weeks of the 7 week pre-patch period.
    I think they meant they wanted to play them on the PTR, we just not sure if they will be available on the PTR as soon as it goes live for testing even if in the pre patch they’re only available for part of it
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I think they meant they wanted to play them on the PTR, we just not sure if they will be available on the PTR as soon as it goes live for testing even if in the pre patch they’re only available for part of it
    DHs weren't playable on PTR for Legion's pre-patch.
    I would be surprised if evokers were playable on the PTR this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    DHs weren't playable on PTR for Legion's pre-patch.
    I would be surprised if evokers were playable on the PTR this time around.
    Yeah thats what I thought, I think pre patch PTR is more about testing the pre patch event and changes to existing systems
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

I dislike how they have started to take away player control by making dead wait times in quests were you have to watch a npc move a few steps over as they speak cringeworthy dialogue to continue on.

I get it the black dragon is thirsty and wants the old mage to ride her... can I please just get on with this quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I dislike how they have started to take away player control by making dead wait times in quests were you have to watch a npc move a few steps over as they speak cringeworthy dialogue to continue on.

I get it the black dragon is thirsty and wants the old mage to ride her... can I please just get on with this quest?
    "Noooo, you are not allowed to have storytelling in an RPG!"

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    "Noooo, you are not allowed to have storytelling in an RPG!"
    Not at the expense of gameplay you are not. I get it you have a hard on for shadowlands but some of us rather a video game.

7+ Year Old Account
    us rather a video game.
    A video game of a specific genre, containing basic elements of that genre.
    If you didn't want basic rpg elements in your game, maybe you should be playing something else.

Formerly known as Arafal

Not at the expense of gameplay you are not. I get it you have a hard on for shadowlands but some of us rather a video game.
    True.

They should replace all friendly with green cubes and all enemy models with red cubes while they are at it.

Based!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Lis'n 'ere, you little...

Jokes aside... Being Dragons and Furrybait isn't the issue. They are just remarkably lazy for how much they clap themselves on the back. The customisations for one are basically just 50 more textured layed on. The difference between faces is just about above Pandaren-Level, because you can change the muzzle area... but they always got the same eyes, same headshape... If you put 50 Dracthyr in a room, you will likely get at most 3 distuingishable looks together because of horns and and colors. And considering the level of blizzard-bullshit talk they gave with the "millions of options" thats quite pathetic.

Of course there is more. I could run a 30 Minute rant about how lame they turned out to be, and how this is evidently just corner cutting if you put them next to how Worgen handle their transformation...

And don't even let me start of the 1995-Raver Look the Dracthyr get in their Humanoid form, which is not for 1 second able to hide they are just rehashed human and bloodelf models again.
    That isn't remotely true. Ive seen dozens, maybe even a hundred Draythry people have made on reddit, and they all look fairly different. More different than a human or orc would. Dracthyr 100% are more distinguishable than humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    looks like the SOT1O
    Btw, can we appreciate how good an idea it is to go back to pre WoD days of tier design? All sets look good and have full geometry and spell effects. Mythic is just a diff color. Great change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Btw, can we appreciate how good an idea it is to go back to pre WoD days of tier design? All sets look good and have full geometry and spell effects. Mythic is just a diff color. Great change.
    And we'll have color options on the good looking design instead of the better design to be in boring colors while the LFR set has the best color combo . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Not sure if Evoker will be on the pre patch PTR, there was a discussion a few pages back about whether Demon Hunters were in the legion pre patch PTR or not. Hopefully they are because like you I’d like to be able to test them and provide feedback before they are finalised.
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/14...y-hitting-ptr/

The answer is no, not at launch of ptr at least. I wouldn't hold your breath for Evoker on ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2016/06/14...y-hitting-ptr/

The answer is no, not at launch of ptr at least. I wouldn't hold your breath for Evoker on ptr.
    I think Demon Hunter came with the pre patch when it went live, not on the ptr. All the testing that was done was on the beta before it went live I think.

World of Warcraft’s new playable class, the Demon Hunter, will be available on August 9, just before the Legion expansion releases on August 30.

That was 2/3 weeks after pre patch hit live I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    A video game of a specific genre, containing basic elements of that genre.
    If you didn't want basic rpg elements in your game, maybe you should be playing something else.
    Yeah this argument totally wasn't used to write off sl's mistakes either...

How about we address gameplay issues and you stick to table tops?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    I think Demon Hunter came with the pre patch when it went live, not on the ptr. All the testing that was done was on the beta before it went live I think.

World of Warcraft’s new playable class, the Demon Hunter, will be available on August 9, just before the Legion expansion releases on August 30.

That was 2/3 weeks after pre patch hit live I think.
    Exactly 3 weeks or 21 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    That's...how story based MMORPGS work, yes...

FFXIV does that too, but in cutscenes believe it or not
    It's how it should be done. So far DF has you stand still and be lectured to or simply wait for events to happen.

It's how it should be done. So far DF has you stand still and be lectured to or simply wait for events to happen.
    As opposed to standing still and be lectured to without even being able to move? I'm not seeing the big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As opposed to standing still and be lectured to without even being able to move? I'm not seeing the big difference.
    You can click out of one.

Can shamans / hunters wear the Evoker armor and vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You asked many pigeons about their opinion on Dracthyr?

What are you even trying to say now? That Dracthyr are fundamentally wrong on same basic, natural level and people who like them are wrong? Fkin please!
    A total of one pidgeon has been asked, it happened to be injured close to my door and as such needed a ride to the bird-healer.
    Its opinion on the matter can be summarised as "Let me out of this pidgeon-eating shoebox, it's dark in here.".

It's less that they are fundamentally wrong, more fundamentally different, they stand out like a sore thumb. I can't really put my finger on it personally, but i'm with the pidgeons on this one: Shoeboxes are dark, but they beat being carried in a plastic bag exposed to scorching sun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Ok...

So what do you think explains the Dragon Isles now? Think real rreeeeaalll hard about this btw
    Magic can explain anything, and yet nothing if it's done too arbitrarily, much like anything else in fantasy.

It's probably better to explain it in memes to one like you:
    "You can accept dragons, elves and talking trees, but you can't accept a 2021 BMW 5?"

What stands out, stands out, nothing more to it. Even magic can't fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    i think this didnt turn out awful for about 20 seconds of work

Love it.
    /10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Is threads of fate continuing in DF?