The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Easiest thing blizzard could do for new battle grounds would be to just take them from
    Other games like Swtor with hutt ball or those point capture ones that do damage to bases.

Of course they could and should also take some notes from hots and turn the warfronts into bg’s based on split resource gathering and then team fight turn ins.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Good for you that you are satisfied with the same old, but we have seen those, its not weird many would love to see a new mode and it would be a welcome addition imo.
    Idk what prompted that unnecessary passive aggression, but screw you too i guess.

This whole game revolves around replayability and repetition, having more maps for a given bg style would give bgs a lot more replay-value than having just a handful or less for each style.
    Another Sivershard Mines-esque bg set in a different map, with a different layout and look would make for quite refreshing experience instead of being stuck to that one single map for an eternity.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-09-21 at 08:52 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

PTR servers just went down. Waiting on the beta ones.

Can anyone do a big mrgm interview tldr cuz wowhead loves releasing it in small waves to get post clicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I have entered so many competitions this time and it seems I might break my streak and miss this beta
    Normally I've been flagged already but it seems I'm missing it too

At least for a couple more weeks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Does the PTR and Beta do same day builds? Or nah?
    Sometimes yes sometimes no

Beta Realms going down right now.

Koranos/Tyrhold just disappeared. Guess build today for both.

This means keep an eye on your launchers folks

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Idk what prompted that unnecessary passive aggression, but screw you too i guess.

This whole game revolves around replayability and repetition, having more maps for a given bg style would give bgs a lot more replay-value than having just a handful or less for each style.
    Another Sivershard Mines-esque bg set in a different map, with a different layout and look would make for quite refreshing experience instead of being stuck to that one single map for an eternity.
    Nah, you just took it the wrong way I guess.

I just cant say another flag or ab excite me much, a new layout will be good, but will end up feeling the same, with a differnt skin. I dont think its enough.

Also give better repre seasons in bgs, ab in snow was fun, av in summer? Etc etc. They need spice.. battlegrounds are a little.. forgotten it feels like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well shit...

Hoping the login screen comes in soon lol
    Didn't it already? I remember seeing it on wowhead weeks back
    Basically the aquaducts and scenery
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Didn't it already? I remember seeing it on wowhead weeks back
    Basically the aquaducts and scenery
    It's not active yet, they've been updating it every build or so too.

They have?
    Yep. Might not be very visible changes, though.

Also, the PTR build just hit and it has the login screen, it appears. Good job, thread, we summoned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Yep. Might not be very visible changes, though.

Also, the PTR build just hit and it has the login screen, it appears. Good job, thread, we summoned it.
    Yep, its there!

I still don't like that login screen honestly. Really don't get why they seemingly abandoned the perfectly fitting visual theme of portal or archway. This one is just all kinds of weird in terms of balancing visual elements.
    I suppose it is the most minor of nitpicks given the average player probably only sees it maybe one or two seconds each day, but still.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The credits are in also it appears.

Couple steps closer to a perfect vibe.

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands music is still there though
    Would be lovely to get the music as well, but I guess we will have to be patient for that.

Because there are too many portals and I think showing up Valdrakken and Tyrhold is a good way to giving us a feel for the isles entire.
    It's a nice picture indeed, I just don't get why they seem to have abandoned the theme they have only really broken once before with WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I still don't like that login screen honestly. Really don't get why they seemingly abandoned the perfectly fitting visual theme of portal or archway. This one is just all kinds of weird in terms of balancing visual elements.
    I suppose it is the most minor of nitpicks given the average player probably only sees it maybe one or two seconds each day, but still.
    Honestly though, it's not even a minor nitpick, if you ask me:

The FIRST THING I ever saw of World of Warcraft was the TBC login screen, and hearing that iconic music at the same time. That alone made me go "wtf this is badass, what game is this?"
    14/15 years and thousands of dollars later, I'm still here.

Blizz should aim for that kind of draw with their login screens every time. DF's is by far the most lame one I'd say. Even BFA, which I felt was meh, has more gravitas then this bland landscape DF shows.

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    Honestly though, it's not even a minor nitpick, if you ask me:

The FIRST THING I ever saw of World of Warcraft was the TBC login screen, and hearing that iconic music at the same time. That alone made me go "wtf this is badass, what game is this?"
    14/15 years and thousands of dollars later, I'm still here.

Blizz should aim for that kind of draw with their login screens every time. DF's is by far the most lame one I'd say. Even BFA, which I felt was meh, has more gravitas then this bland landscape DF shows.
    Personally I found the Legion login screen to be the weakest one, what with the two Fel Lords standing there like they were having a smoke outside a 7-11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope there are some flying dragons on the login screen