I think it's reasonable to be cynical about any speculation bait inserted by the writers after two expansions in a row largely driven by mystery box style writing where we're constantly poked and teased with "why did this character do this, what's their endgame? you'll have to wait and see!" only for those reveals to either be underwhelming or immediately swept aside for the sake of pushing another mystery in front of us. Or, in this case, unceremoniously explained away in a book. Il'gynoth isn't going to generate the same buzz today when the curtain has been pulled back so thoroughly compared to 2016 (and it's not even like WoW writing has ever been great about consistency!)

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    How much testing these voice lines need, hmm?
    These days they mostly need to be tested on whether they trigger someone out there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    These days they mostly need to be tested on whether they trigger someone out there.
    That was a rhetorical question towards the guy that starts to doom-say, because we don't have these lines yet in game.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason to be that cynical over god damn voice lines.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Optimized for current launcher enabled login times and it is only 10 second jingle.
    I just hope it starts immediately like vanilla/cata etc and doesn't have the windup intro part like wotlk/SL etc. Then we get to actually hear it and not just the windup

Atm what I am looking forward is a blog about M+ rewards. And maybe a disambiguation about Primal Infusion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Atm what I am looking forward is a blog about M+ rewards. And maybe a disambiguation about Primal Infusion.
    Need info about Affixes changes. Necrotic and Inspiring are gone, gotta see new seasonal one and w/e else they will come up with.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Need info about Affixes changes. Necrotic and Inspiring are gone, gotta see new seasonal one and w/e else they will come up with.
    Need a blog on M+ in general. I don't expect a schedule on the rotation or anything but they should get most of the information in one place. Affixes, rewards, plans for the loot tables of older expansion dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I really hope the M+ seasonal mount is a banger again

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a rather silly sentiment. Sounds and music are not something that generally requires much testing once the sound system is set up.
    Lot of boys who cried wolf here. Every 5 minutes they have bad feelings and are "worried" about something. Some people were in constant panic mode between reveal and Alpha even back when we expected DF to launch next spring xD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lot of boys who cried wolf here. Every 5 minutes they have bad feelings and are "worried" about something. Some people were in constant panic mode between reveal and Alpha even back when we expected DF to launch next spring xD.
    "prIEsT anD DRuid devS havE LEft ThE CoMpaNy, THesE CLaSses aRe FuCKed!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Because they've demonstrated that half the time after they write new old god whispers, they either change their story plans or the content they were foreshadowing gets cut. So the whispers are now pointless. It's like Ed Boon's twitter account. (The Mortal Kombat franchise used to do this thing where they put tons of hints to secret content, but since the 3d era, they keep doing this but for secrets that don't exist. Making the hints pure trolling.)
    The whispers always point to something unless we memory hole everything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'm still not getting it. Is something said that raises questions?
    Yes they were talking about how they already have him in one line in another they said it's roots will run deep and they shall reach us

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah, I really hope the M+ seasonal mount is a banger again
    Gonna be a dragon skin but idk for which one because it seems each has only certain options

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean the status of the expansion will not be clear until February when we get details about the post launch.

The base product could literally be anything and people will still preorder.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean the status of the expansion will not be clear until February when we get details about the post launch.

The base product could literally be anything and people will still preorder.
    Very much so. We cannot judge the expac by the release content. By that standard, WoD was an amazing expansion.

"prIEsT anD DRuid devS havE LEft ThE CoMpaNy, THesE CLaSses aRe FuCKed!!!"
    Nah, this one was funnier:

"BlIZZard Do NOT neEd To haVE a PUbLic BEtA ThIs timE, tHEY CAN tESt It InteRNALlY"
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Nah, this one was funnier:

"BlIZZard Do NOT neEd To haVE a PUbLic BEtA ThIs timE, tHEY CAN tESt It InteRNALlY"
    Well, it works for other games (including MMOs), it's just hell of a lot cheaper to let players beta test everything for free, rather than hiring QA companies or whatever to test everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Well, it works for other games (including MMOs), it's just hell of a lot cheaper to let players beta test everything for free, rather than hiring QA companies or whatever to test everything.
    Like CDPRed did for Cyberpunk 2077? So they could later blame the same QA company for the plethora of bugs?
    There's no need for this argument here. Whether you test something internally or not, it's always beneficial to also release a public beta if there are people willing to test things. After all, additional tests never hurt.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-10-05 at 07:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Can't help but to feel bit cynical about how the first expansion after the Big Discrimination Lawsuit has most queer representstion in the history of the game.
    Shadowlands had a fair bit and even bfa had some, but people threw a fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, i'd say the bigger issue is that it doesn't really have a place in the story. WoW isn't about personal relationships. Its okay if characters just happen to be in a relationship, but putting it in the forefront like this is rather overdoing it and thus feels forced.
    ???? What??? Do you forget us seeing illidan tyrande and malfurion all the time, what about jaina, arthas, kalethas, and kalec, what about sargeras and Azeroth, sif and thorim, the first phase of azshara, the gnome/goblin couple, fucboi in all the lewd books, lothremar, genn and his wife, maraad, garona and medivh, turylon and alleria, sylvanas and nathanos, valleria and ronin, thrall and aggra, I mean there is a fuck load of relationships just front and center in wow...

This feels a lot like.

100 straight relationships. "No problem"
    1 gay couple "ewwww why they gotta shove relationships into everything!?"

- - - Updated - - -

You're way overstating both how common those are and the general impact. Illidan/Tyrande/Malfurion was a side note at best, always overshadowed by bigger issues while Jaina's relationships have little to no impact on anything and may as well not have happened for all the difference it makes.
    Thrall's wedding had some importance, but who he got married to did not.
    Azuregos and the Spirit Healer was little more than a joke.

And that's what, 4 relationships in 18 years of story?
    Holy fuck did you just say jainas relationship didn't even matter and was a side note, you really gunna fucking say jaina and fucking arthas had no effect on the story, you serious?
    Also 4 relationships in 18 years, bro try like 4 every patch atleast. I missed some of the ones he listed and I gave tons, and literally illidan and tyrande and malfurion a side thing? Literally every time we saw any of them it is brought up, illidans death he even cries about tyrande, malfurion darkshore, oh look tyrande.

Nevermind the COUNTLESS consorts we are introduced to of the dragons, nevermnd ones like sinestra.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    Did this guy legit say "What about Sargeras and Azeroth?" or am I dreaming? They weren't in a relationship.....
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    It's not that they are super impactful it's that wow has always had a ton of relationship stuff and it even takes senator stage from time to time, and no it's not just 4 those are just the most notable ones with big named characters.

off the top of my head there's.

mankrik and his wife
    Kalecgos and Anveena
    Lor'themar and Liadrin
    Kael'thas and Jaina
    Draka and Durotan
    Ner'zhul and Rulkan
    Sylvanas and Nathanos
    Vereesa and Rhonin
    Alleria and Turalyon

all of theses characters have pretty major story beats based around there relationships and all of them are big players one way or another (other then mankrik) and there are likely tons of other relationships both major and minor through out wow or characters who are defined about losing one half of there relationship.
    Lothremar and fuck what's he name, the night borne woman, I'm tired, not liadrin. Also yeah the rest of these as well, also vareesa not valleria lol I'm dumb, but yeah wow is fucking FULL of relationships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Did this guy legit say "What about Sargeras and Azeroth?" or am I dreaming? They weren't in a relationship.....
    Oh you didn't know? Sargeras fell in love with Azeroth and wanted to convert her to his side. For someone named herald of sargeras, you sure don't know everything about him. That's why he was brooding over her for so long trying to corrupt her and convert her, before pulling a "if I can't have her no one can" when we lock him away.

Also you can qoute people you know that right?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-10-05 at 07:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content