Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    Is this new lore actually bad or people are just having shadowlands ptsd?
    Titans and Elune not being the be-all-end all left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, especially with the projecting that they were replaced because the writing team "thinks they are better". Coupled with a desire for EK/Kalimdor stories that Blizzard won't do right now.

We already knew about the Titans being lower on the spectrum than the First Ones. I'm done feeling bad about it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if you liked the old lore and think giving gods there own even more powerful gods is silly or not.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The change in story direction and focus is very understandable when you remember that Chris Metzen and Micky Neilson both left Blizzard in 2016, along with Dave Kosak leaving the WoW team at the end of that year. It's funnier if you just roll with the conspiracy that Steve Danuser is getting vengeance for Everquest all these years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Titans and Elune not being the be-all-end all left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, especially with the projecting that they were replaced because the writing team "thinks they are better". Coupled with a desire for EK/Kalimdor stories that Blizzard won't do right now.
    So nothing new basically. Just confirming what we already knew

Suddenly pulling up these post...

Quote Originally Posted by ahgsfds View Post
    Violet elves are nice, I play one but playable high elves? Why? I'd prefer to switch my warlock to panda.
    Race will be something we never heard of. I don't know anything more, but the name sound badass. Crystal dwarf
    He said
    Champion, yer new race are diamond dwarves
    It's Magnisworn, Diamond Dwarves. Told ya already.

This person was leaking information with Scaleface... did they see the new dwarves ahead of time?
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-10-14 at 07:30 PM.

Honestly they did the retcon already, they might as well expand upon it and build something new and more complex. I'm happy for this new lore because it makes the retcon more meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Depends on if you liked the old lore and think giving gods there own even more powerful gods is silly or not.
    I mean, i'm disappointed with the downgrade of elune. Her being one of those first ones would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I do think the universe needs some mystery & we've learned too much about the Titans so this was inevitable: What doesn't make sense is speedrunning to explain the First Ones. At this rate we'll need Firstier Ones by 11.0. The most glaring problem here is the trend of having a villain say "XXX is bad," then two expansions later the heroes are like "Turns out XXX is bad... no one could have foreseen this." Was N'zoth even bad now? Literally, Villain, recontectualize, hero: Garrosh & Deathwing are going to be seen as heroes eventually.
    They're Rings of Powering it. Which I don't personally mind. Galadriel & Sauron are f*#kin'? Fantastic. Deathwing wasn't actually working for the Old Gods? Sure. Just make it interesting & stop making players work for the "Odyn is awesome" club.I mean, if they want to set up more allied races, there you go. But why do this if they have seemingly abandoned allied races completely? If you want more Dwarf allied races the Darkfallen should have been its own race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They're Rings of Powering it. Which I don't personally mind. Galadriel & Sauron are f*#kin'? Fantastic.
    Wait, did they really make sauron bang galadriel in rings of power? LOL

New continent(?) named Avaloren with "heretics" that rebelled against the watchers

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...01239948447745

10+ Year Old Account
    New continent(?) named Avaloren with "heretics" that rebelled against the watchers

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...01239948447745
    I guess some mortals(I .E. Sentient life) not on board with the Titans.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

OK so an extra continent, we got more Azeroth! "Risk containment of our other prisoners" suggests that there is a prisoner (old god?) there.
    Together with the idea that the Black Empire was not all horror maybe we'll find a place of enlightened chaos-aligned flesh of curse'd titanforged there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    OK so an extra continent, we got more Azeroth! "Risk containment of our other prisoners" suggests that there is a prisoner (old god?) there.
    Together with the idea that the Black Empire was not all horror maybe we'll find a place of enlightened chaos-aligned flesh of curse'd titanforged there.
    I would like Dragonflight being the remnants of the Titans & Old Gods coming together against elementals but they absolutely refuse to give is a simple villain whos intentions aren't ambiguous. Is it really that hard to give us another Arthas?
    Wait, did they really make sauron bang galadriel in rings of power? LOL
    She thinks Celeborn is dead & she has this budding romance with the guy who she thinks is Aragorn's grandfather...only to reveal its actually Sauron this whole time. They didn't bang (yet) but its this big seduction thing. Like Sauron legit loves her, and wants her to be his "Dark Queen, as beautiful & terrible as the dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I would like Dragonflight being the remnants of the Titans & Old Gods coming together against elementals but they absolutely refuse to give is a simple villain whos intentions aren't ambiguous. Is it really that hard to give us another Arthas?
    Razsageth hates Titans for enforcing order and wants their followers dead. It's a pretty simple motivation that is explained overtly... however, she's a giant purple derp dragon, so it doesn't come off as cool as Arthas.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be really nice if we could go over an expansion without blatantly retconing half the established cosmology.

But i guess that's too much to ask.

Formerly known as Arafal

Razsageth hates Titans for enforcing order and wants their followers dead. It's a pretty simple motivation that is explained overtly... however, she's a giant purple derp dragon, so it doesn't come off as cool as Arthas.
    Yeah but we kill her by the end of the first raid. They tried an omni-present villain for the entire expansion in Shadowlands but he didn't have as much characterization as Arthas. For Dragonflight, who knows who the actual villain is?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Odyn really said: "The First Ones created the Cosmos but they are too great for mortals to comprehend. So just say the Big Bang happened from Light and Void, and that the Titans shaped and ordered everything else".
    I think the book spells out really well that Odyn desperately wanted the Keepers and the Titans to be revered as THE gods, which... didn't really work out on Azeroth. It's a great villain motivation IMO and he's #1 choice for an Order Villain considering the heinous shit he has done over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Odyn really said: "The First Ones created the Cosmos but they are too great for mortals to comprehend. So just say the Big Bang happened from Light and Void, and that the Titans shaped and ordered everything else".
    For all we've seen, that did in-fact happened. Odyn just left out all the stuff about some robot-f*$kers being their bosses.

Have to say, the design is really derpy.