The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Technically Nozrdormu as well, if evil ater egos count for Neltharion it counts for him I'd say.

Alex is the only one who has stayed a good girl all the way... so far.
    Now that you say that, I have a sneaking suspicion that she's going to be the final boss or at least final boss adjacent. Then we're going to, in the end, have the fully revamped / reconstituted flights to help us with the next expansion with new leaders for every single one. (Murozond is still totally going to be a boss, so. Chromie leader of the Bronze?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Between now and November 15th

Already saw youtube videos screeching about how they are dogs dogshit and the test ended early because of that and not because of the many issues like bosses desoawning
    It's amazing that there is enough of a market to support more than 2-3 whining asses for people to get their talking points from. The events seemed cool, they were just extremely bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Well from the ''Legacies'' trailer I get some Nozdormu / Murozond final boss vibes.

I love the shorts that they have been doing in the last expansions, although art-wise my favourite were the Legion ones, and these ones do not look better from what I get of the trailer (totally subjective opinion though).
    He'll be guldan in the sense we don't kill him

I'm honestly hoping we face chromatus and galakrond because both of those would actually have meaning

Galakrond as a symbol of what the new aspects must take the place of
    Chromatus as finally putting the past to rest

Though tbh I think they could have made chromatus a huge threat if they wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    “Legacies” already looks much cooler than the last 3 expansion’s animated shorts.
    Well that's a hot take. Almost everyone I've talked to considered both the Azshara and the Jaina shorts from BfA to be exceptional. Even the Sylvanas one was good, it's just the lore it came with that was crap but it absolutely made its point well.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Except the titans are not robots at all, but rather are born from planets.
    Except the new information we got from Tyr's correspondence says the Titan's bodies are made at Zereth Ordos. Just like the Eternal's bodies were made at Zereth Mortis. There is a world soul inside them. So contrary to what it seemed, Azeroth one day turning into a titan isn't something that just happens. This makes the war over Azeroth's soul seem drastically more self-interested.

Honestly I hope they go with:

The First Ones are the Pantheon of Life; they build the Zareths to make just the Titans & Eternals, so that life & death would have order. Naaru & Void Lords are naturally occurring creatures. The Seventh Force is "the Dark One" an anti-life entity that travels the multiverse.

It's much more nuanced than:

There's Giant Robots that come in 6 different flavors & they're all playing an intergalactic game of Risk.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-10-20 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's amazing that there is enough of a market to support more than 2-3 whining asses for people to get their talking points from. The events seemed cool, they were just extremely bugged.
    But the gear was too low of an ilvl
    Though the ilvl might be temporary placeholder
    But it's still a bad placeholder

I honestly think heelzvsbabyface has multiplied for this expansion and the offspring discovered obs

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its almost sad, knowing what you have to do cause you see your fate and it can't be changed. Kinda messed up(I'm referencing Nozdormu obviously).
    I instantly thought of Dr. Manhattan when I read this comment. Weird how Nozdormu acts more human than Dr. Manhattan ever did.

I suppose we could fight Chromatus as one of the fights but not the main boss, if only because there's still, as far as I'm aware anyway, zero mention of them in game.

Galakrond or Nozdormu/Murozond are the best bets for last boss, and I'm leaning toward the latter particularly.

Though tbh I think they could have made chromatus a huge threat if they wanted to
    We need new long term villains. Chromatus was actually presented as intelligent. I could absolutely see the creche that went rogue becoming a faction with Chromatus at its head. Powerlevel wise he has what it takes to be a world ending threat after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    the Titan's bodies are made at Zereth Ordos
    No it doesn't. It doesn't say that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    Now that you say that, I have a sneaking suspicion that she's going to be the final boss or at least final boss adjacent. Then we're going to, in the end, have the fully revamped / reconstituted flights to help us with the next expansion with new leaders for every single one. (Murozond is still totally going to be a boss, so. Chromie leader of the Bronze?)
    Na, I don't think so personally. Nozdormu turning into Murozond (which I take for absolute granted at this point) is already one Aspect going off the deep end for the sake of looting his purples. Alex hasn't had much in terms of setup to go bad and drastic action is not in her character at all. The expansion can already have the likes of Chromatus or Galakrond as extra raid bosses, plus whatever new characters Blizz conjures up. They don't need Alex to go bad.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Except the new information we got from Tyr's correspondence says the Titan's bodies are made at Zereth Ordos. Just like the Eternal's bodies were made at Zereth Mortis. There is a world soul inside them. So contrary to what it seemed, Azeroth one day turning into a titan isn't something that just happens. This makes the war over Azeroth's soul seem drastically more self-interested.
    Well if we go by what Argus had memories of in the valeera story then we know they exist then find a sun and planets form around them.

I still think that the world souls we know of aren't Titans but two first ones that are in their own cycle of rebirth

The Titans want to ensure they are reborn in an orderly fashion
    Death wanted their souls
    Void wants to corrupt them
    Disorder wants to destroy them

If you think of Azeroth as the higher being and a symbol of the balance then you'll see that all the forces are simply trying to tip the scale and Azeroth can't be a titan of order because as odyn points out mortals are chaotic.

What force would Azeroth be a titan of?? Time?? Nature?? No but she is of creation and what is orderly about creation?? Let's also look at Argus who is literally the unmaker and despite the first ones being equivalent to Titans his soul broke the being created specifically to sort souls

- - - Updated - - -

We need new long term villains. Chromatus was actually presented as intelligent. I could absolutely see the creche that went rogue becoming a faction with Chromatus at its head. Powerlevel wise he has what it takes to be a world ending threat after all.

- - - Updated - - -

He is just in stasis
    We do see the twilight hammer return
    He fought multiple aspects at once
    He has the powers of all flights

We need him to be a villain simply for that sense of "here's a guy that was defeated but not killed by the strongest beings that we still can't match"

No it doesn't. It doesn't say that at all.
    Page five of Odyn's Edicts states "the makers granted us great wonders" at Zareth Ordos. This is exactly the same way the Eternals described the first ones & Zereth Mortis before we find out (to our own horror) that they were literally built there.

You should assume its the exact same situation. Especially considering The Titans are even more robotic than the Eternals.
    What force would Azeroth be a titan of?? Time?? Nature?? No but she is of creation and what is orderly about creation?? Let's also look at Argus who is literally the unmaker and despite the first ones being equivalent to Titans his soul broke the being created specifically to sort souls
    They're whatever they're stuck into. We know they have a unique soul but their style & abilities are whatever the First Ones designed for them, as demonstrated by the Prototype Pantheon fight.

The Titans are of order because that's what the first ones designed for them. The Eternals are of Death because that's what the First Ones designed for them.

At this point we should be fighting to keep Azeroth a planet because that's the one thing that doesn't require cosmic intervention.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-10-20 at 06:37 PM.

Well that's a hot take. Almost everyone I've talked to considered both the Azshara and the Jaina shorts from BfA to be exceptional. Even the Sylvanas one was good, it's just the lore it came with that was crap but it absolutely made its point well.
    Will be interesting to see which of the three shorts is the best. We always seem to get one really standout short that has it all, like the Gul'dan, Jaina, and Uther one.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Page five of Odyn's Edicts states "the makers granted us great wonders" at Zareth Ordos. This is exactly the same way the Eternals described the first ones & Zereth Mortis before we find out (to our own horror) that they were literally built there.

You should assume its the exact same situation. Especially considering The Titans are even more robotic than the Eternals.They're whatever they're stuck into. We know they have a unique soul but their style & abilities are whatever the First Ones designed for them, as demonstrated by the Prototype Pantheon fight.

The Titans are of order because that's what the first ones designed for them. The Eternals are of Death because that's what the First Ones designed for them.

At this point we should be fighting to keep Azeroth a planet because that's the one thing that doesn't require cosmic intervention.
    I guess I'm the only one that finds it weird that EVERY COSMIC FORCE wants something from Azeroth

Let's also keep in mind she saw into the future or Argus did I'm a bit iffy on that part of the quest line

The light wants to force the children of Azeroth to follow it
    The void wants to corrupt
    The Titans want to order it
    Jailer wanted to drain it (even though the eternal ones are stronger)
    Life wanted to overgrow it

I guess I'm the only one that finds it weird that EVERY COSMIC FORCE wants something from Azeroth

Let's also keep in mind she saw into the future or Argus did I'm a bit iffy on that part of the quest line

The Light and Void want to convert/corrupt everything. Life also seems to just want to flourish, even if it leads to bad results (Draenor).

I think the biggest hint that Azeroth is special is that the Jailer specifically needed Azeroth to use the machine to link the Zereths (see: Firim's report) and end existence. He needed Azeroth so badly that he spent ages hyperfocused on it. But why? Why would a world soul allow access to the machine? If any old First One creation could do it he could've just used Denathrius or another Eternal One.

But Argus is not the unmaker. He was MADE the unmaker in a deeply unnatural way. There is nothing telling us that the Titans had specific aspects naturally. Perhaps they visited Zereth Ordos and each gained a specific insight into a facet of the cosmos. Perhaps they are just cosmically powerful creatures and each of them had a preference for some type of magic and studied something more extensively than the rest.

Obviously. This is like in Transformers Beast Wars where the robots themselves can't reproduce; all they can do is hope they randomly find a embryonic soul baby & stop everyone else from getting it.

Prepatch background download now available! (build 10.0.0.46181)

Last edited by Hyrja; 2022-10-20 at 08:14 PM.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Na, I don't think so personally. Nozdormu turning into Murozond (which I take for absolute granted at this point) is already one Aspect going off the deep end for the sake of looting his purples. Alex hasn't had much in terms of setup to go bad and drastic action is not in her character at all. The expansion can already have the likes of Chromatus or Galakrond as extra raid bosses, plus whatever new characters Blizz conjures up. They don't need Alex to go bad.
    Fair enough. I also don't have the highest hopes that they could pull it off with grace. Though, given that there are many many hints of Old Gods being a major contributing factor to the story of DF going forward, who could we speculate the Old Gods turning besides Murozond? Would he be the only one, or would other major characters succumb? Perhaps Ebonhorn, Sabellian, Wrathion? Then again, we already fought Wrathion once, so... maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    Fair enough. I also don't have the highest hopes that they could pull it off with grace. Though, given that there are many many hints of Old Gods being a major contributing factor to the story of DF going forward, who could we speculate the Old Gods turning besides Murozond? Would he be the only one, or would other major characters succumb? Perhaps Ebonhorn, Sabellian, Wrathion? Then again, we already fought Wrathion once, so... maybe not.
    Given the recent lore tidbits from Odyn it might be possible that Nozdormu will turn into Murozond without the intervention of the Old Gods. Really he could learn any number of things about the origins of Dragons and Galakrond that would make him decide to prevent himself from succeeding.
    The world revamp dream will never die!