10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't remember a Norse god named Ra. Not to mention that while Odyn and co are clearly based on the Norse gods, they aren't the same.
    They contorted it into WoW, sure, but the basics are there. It's like 10:9 rather than 1:1. Odyn acts as you would expect Odin to act, right down to the mortal guises, ravens, and sacrificial eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Well not all of them but most. Ra and Archaedas are the exception.
    The ones in Uldum are all named for Egyptian mythology. Pandaria has eastern ones. The "exceptions" make up nearly half the total.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    They contorted it into WoW, sure, but the basics are there. It's like 10:9 rather than 1:1. Odyn acts as you would expect Odin to act, right down to the mortal guises, ravens, and sacrificial eye.
    ...that's what "based on" means. They have clear similarities, but they're transplanted into an entirely different context.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...that's what "based on" means. They have clear similarities, but they're transplanted into an entirely different context.
    Yes. Your point being?

My point is that I'd like to see an actual pastiche of Arthurian legend, in the same vein as Odyn and Thorim and the like being transplanted onto Azeroth. Something more direct and fun than "this guy has a name like that other guy and also has a special sword."

The ones in Uldum are all named for Egyptian mythology. Pandaria has eastern ones. The "exceptions" make up nearly half the total.
    Well he was talking about Titan Keepers. The ones in Uldum and Pandaria are watchers.

The Keepers are Archaedas, Ra, Freya, Hodir, Loken, Mimiron, Odyn, Tyr and Thorim

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Well he was talking about Titan Keepers. The ones in Uldum and Pandaria are watchers.

The Keepers are Archaedas, Ra, Freya, Hodir, Loken, Mimiron, Odyn, Tyr and Thorim
    I think that is already retconned internally. Innaria is named a Keeper. We could find a full group of Sumerian (Inanna or Nanna) or Japanese (Inari)-themed keepers dead in Avaloren. Hey if it's themed after the Arthurian mythos, they need to kill some pagans!

If we have a passenger when Dragonriding and we get a dragon glyph, would the passenger also get the glyph if they didn't have it or do they need to get it while Dragonriding ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think that is already retconned internally. Innaria is named a Keeper. We could find a full group of Sumerian (Inanna or Nanna) or Japanese (Inari)-themed keepers dead in Avaloren. Hey if it's themed after the Arthurian mythos, they need to kill some pagans!
    Well, they could always add new Keepers. I'm not saying all Keepers have to be Norse inspired, (as they currently already aren't)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    If you mean SL Threads of Fate, i don't think there were ever plans to change them?
    So you should still be able to level with either method
    Oh at some point I expect it to be nerfed to the ground since post-9.1.5 threads could be too good compared to Chromie. WoD bonus objectivies were nerfed for similar reason.

I just hope they haven't bother with this yet, still have 4 more 50s before I'm done with all chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    If we have a passenger when Dragonriding and we get a dragon glyph, would the passenger also get the glyph if they didn't have it or do they need to get it while Dragonriding ?
    They get it.

They get it.
    Perfect. Thanks for the answer!

They get it.
    "/2 Selling all Dragonriding Glyphs 30k"

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, people may have to figure out stuff themselves. Or just pick what they like the most:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Welp, people may have to figure out stuff themselves. Or just pick what they like the most:

Excellent.

Or just use some common sense and test a few possibilities. There really isn't a need to test every possible permutation.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Or just use some common sense and test a few possibilities. There really isn't a need to test every possible permutation.
    This. Don't see why you would ever actually need to do that - many talents can be ruled out as options simply based on what you're trying to achieve. Even more so on the class side. A tank probably doesn't want hard cast healing spells.

This is just using brute force when there is no need to.

10+ Year Old Account

They (being your number-crunchers of choice) just need to sim them once. Then the players just choose between the top builds, and sim between a few select options. This isn't going to make people think for themselves if they weren't already doing so.

7+ Year Old Account
    They (being your number-crunchers of choice) just need to sim them once. Then the players just choose between the top builds, and sim between a few select options. This isn't going to make people think for themselves if they weren't already doing so.
    Ye, you forgot that with this huge talent revamp for everyone, there will be constant adjustments. As they said, it takes currently 5 full days to imprfectly sim a spec. GL doing it back to back only to start over because something has changed.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-24 at 04:48 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I figure somebody will make an alternative calculation system, but this bodes well if true. It means that we won't see the "cookie-cutter" builds people were worried about, at least not until field testing becomes more plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I figure somebody will make an alternative calculation system, but this bodes well if true. It means that we won't see the "cookie-cutter" builds people were worried about, at least not until field testing becomes more plausible.
    we had cookie cutter builds before sims existed. They are never going to go away.

Oh no, you can't brute force check something. I'm sure absolutely no one is working on being remotely smart about it to reduce the amount of possible permutations that need to be simulated... /s
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye, you forgot that with this huge talent revamp for everyone, there will be constant adjustments. As they said, it takes currently 5 full days to imprfectly sim a spec. GL doing it back to back only to start over because something has changed.
    I think you're overestimating how much variation there will be. For the most part, we still have "pick these for single-target," "pick these for AoE," "pick these for PvP," and so on. If you have a singular goal, there's only going to be a couple ways to achieve that goal. If you're looking to pump single-target, why are you simming AoE talents? Why are you simming all first/second-tier talent builds? There's so much useless junk going on. A bot can very easily know what is worth simming and what is not.

Give it a couple weeks.