Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    It boggles my brain that people still think they'd pull a Cata-style revamp for low-lvl leveling only.
    Indeed! I'm entirely against a Cata-style revamp for leveling only, I want all the endgame activities such as WQ/Dailies/Rares, etc happening in EK/Kalimdor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    There's other ones like that, and I doubt Gunker or Sessile creature are gonna become a race.
    Hmm, I see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best part of the prepatch has been a 1-60 BFA leveling, de-azerited, de-bronzebeared

I am amazed how much I have forgotten how good BFA leveling is. Let's see if DF can top this for me =)
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's why a timeskip doesn't really make sense for a live game line wow. Every single event taking place within that timeskip is something you missed out on, and everything that should have happened is a plothole.

It's why you really only see it in single player games with a story focus
    What events? Timeskips are employed to skip over periods where nothing of import happens to have a realistic timeframe for things of import to actually happen in. You're not missing out on anything; nothing happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I realize my question comes across as ignorance from my part so let me explain:

You log in to the pre-patch, and a quest pops up saying "Champion, the Dragon Isles have awakened!" How does that make any sense? The last thing we did, from a lore perspective, was reclaim Undercity and get a seed from Ardenweald for Tyrande. Where the heck did the Dragon Isles come from? I know WoW lore in and out (obsessed with it) so I'm not ignorant. I'm simply asking, how does this make any sense from the end of SL story to Day one, logging in pre-patch??
    Where's the problem? Leaving aside that the actual awakening takes places in a relatively short timeframe. The time skipped was uneventful. Examine your own life: How much of your time spent awake is filled with truly important events? How much of it would you skip when telling about it because it'd just bore everybody?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What events? Timeskips are employed to skip over periods where nothing of import happens to have a realistic timeframe for things of import to actually happen in. You're not missing out on anything; nothing happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Where's the problem? Leaving aside that the actual awakening takes places in a relatively short timeframe. The time skipped was uneventful. Examine your own life: How much of your time spent awake is filled with truly important events? How much of it would you skip when telling about it because it'd just bore everybody?
    I am a WoW shill. 100%. I'm also not complaining about the time skip (that's someone else). I'm simply saying that based on the PTR Pre-patch event, it seems very lackluster compared to previous expansions. Additionally, the logging in during Part II of the pre-patch and being randomly greeted by Ebyssian or Wrathion out of nowhere. BFA's pre-patch was LOADED. As someone who knows WoW lore very well, and is logging into the game (in theory, for the first time since the end of 9.2.5 story canonically speaking), I just don't understand how this makes any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a WoW shill. 100%. I'm also not complaining about the time skip (that's someone else). I'm simply saying that based on the PTR Pre-patch event, it seems very lackluster compared to previous expansions. Additionally, the logging in during Part II of the pre-patch and being randomly greeted by Ebyssian or Wrathion out of nowhere. BFA's pre-patch was LOADED. As someone who knows WoW lore very well, and is logging into the game (in theory, for the first time since the end of 9.2.5 story canonically speaking), I just don't understand how this makes any sense.
    Remember that cutscenes are missing in the prepatch, maybe we'll have answers in it, I hope

What about it makes no sense? For your character, it is a sudden development they had no foreknowledge of. You're expecting things that have no reason to be there.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What about it makes no sense? For your character, it is a sudden development they had no foreknowledge of. You're expecting things that have no reason to be there.
    I’ll just “wait and see” when it goes LIVE. In its current state (again, I don’t follow the new lore to avoid spoilers), getting a random quest saying that the “Dragon Isles have awakened” makes zero sense. However, perhaps doing the Dracthyr starting zone fills in this gap in time (story wise). All I was saying is, as someone who doesn’t follow spoilers, logging into 10.0.2 for the first time and receiving a quest fresh from rando Wrathion or Ebyssian makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Do you think we'll have something interesting for the 18th anniversary ?
    Got me thinking, there hasn't been any mount datamined that could be for it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Got me thinking, there hasn't been any mount datamined that could be for it, right?
    Nothing public. Maybe next year they will add something related to Wrath since a couple years ago they had the Doomwalker boss with the dragonhawk mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Nothing public. Maybe next year they will add something related to Wrath since a couple years ago they had the Doomwalker boss with the dragonhawk mount.
    I'll hold out hope, always enjoy free mounts but given the free ones recently (and the pass ones) maybe not the time. Ah well.

7+ Year Old Account
    The new inn music is great.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it seems there is absolutely nothing new this year for the anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Well, it seems there is absolutely nothing new this year for the anniversary.
    Not a big surprise honestly. There wasnt anything new last year either. We only seem to get new stuff every 5 year anniversaries. I am honsetly more disappointed we rarely get new stuff for the holiday events.

I imagine that whatever new stuff is being considered for the Anniversary event will wait until the 20th in two years when they can really celebrate another big anniversary. Possibly even tie something into whatever new expansion will be released then.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I imagine that whatever new stuff is being considered for the Anniversary event will wait until the 20th in two years when they can really celebrate another big anniversary. Possibly even tie something into whatever new expansion will be released then.
    Double anniversary since it's 20 years of WoW and 30 years of Warcraft. Likely timed with Blizzcon. If they don't announce a revamp then, it never happens imo

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Double anniversary since it's 20 years of WoW and 30 years of Warcraft. Likely timed with Blizzcon. If they don't announce a revamp then, it never happens imo
    Yeah, have to agree. I doubt Blizzard is banking on reaching 30 years of WoW, so I imagine 20 years is when they will have their big blowout extravaganza. A world revamp and possible some sort of housing seems like the likely contenders for me. Nothing else really has that extra little something to warrant being that excited about, and Shadowlands took the last remaining easy nostalgia bait with Arthas.

I must say, listening to the new soundtrack... I'm astonished. It's the most beautiful balance between fresh, epic but also familiar and traditional. It's absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to listen to it while playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I must say, listening to the new soundtrack... I'm astonished. It's the most beautiful balance between fresh, epic but also familiar and traditional. It's absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to listen to it while playing!
    Can't wait. Really doing my best here to not spoil myself on the great tunes until I actually get into the Dragon Isles proper.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not a big surprise honestly. There wasnt anything new last year either. We only seem to get new stuff every 5 year anniversaries. I am honsetly more disappointed we rarely get new stuff for the holiday events.

That is not true, last year we got world boss with mount and some transmogs. Of course next year is too close to 20th, so anything new will be very minor.

And there is also hope in some patch they will focus on revamping all major holidays in general.

I’ll just “wait and see” when it goes LIVE. In its current state (again, I don’t follow the new lore to avoid spoilers), getting a random quest saying that the “Dragon Isles have awakened” makes zero sense. However, perhaps doing the Dracthyr starting zone fills in this gap in time (story wise). All I was saying is, as someone who doesn’t follow spoilers, logging into 10.0.2 for the first time and receiving a quest fresh from rando Wrathion or Ebyssian makes no sense at all.
    You're making zero sense. What exactly are you expecting? And what is random about Wrathion? He knows you. He knows you're important and capable. Of course he would call you up for something like this. And the quest is literally telling you about the Dragon Isles and why you are going there. Maybe actually read it?

All I will tell you is that the answers you are looking for are in the Dracthyr starting area.