Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I'm just happy to be back on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I was very very disappointed with the launch. For the first time since starting to play back in 2004 an expansion launch actually broke my game. Told me I didn't own Dragon Flight, put me in the endless loop of scanning my files...totally messed it up. Long story short, after almost 3 hours of searching forums and the web we finally uninstalled every little tiny file....installed it with a room mates account on my computer, and it worked. Now everything is peachy keen /s. Even Blizzards own work around didn't work...just frustrating. But now I'm on the Isles and being so late to the party it's really nice and quiet...take the good with the bad I guess

Judging by all the comments, I am very happy the soonest I will be able to play is on weekend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna be able to touch the game until Thursday sadly.

At least i don't have to deal with the launch day problems.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Question for self-identifying casuals out there, particularly those who can only play on the weekends or maybe an hour or two a day: Do you think Dragonflight will be worth the box price and sub cost?

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to come back or not, after skipping SL. I've been playing Classic a lot more than Retail, so I might be paying for the sub cost anyway, though my time did just expire last week.
    If you liked how WOD played, then you will like DF too as it has the added bonus of M+. Hopefully with a few more small changes, there will no longer be an ilevel gap between ppl who only do M+ and not raid, but it is extremely close now.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If you liked how WOD played, then you will like DF too as it has the added bonus of M+. Hopefully with a few more small changes, there will no longer be an ilevel gap between ppl who only do M+ and not raid, but it is extremely close now.
    I guess how you would compare DF currently is that it is WoD, except with actual endgame systems in place to not just have you sit idly in your garrison.
    All the fun things in the open world, but with actual reasons to go there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess how you would compare DF currently is that it is WoD, except with actual endgame systems in place to not just have you sit idly in your garrison.
    All the fun things in the open world, but with actual reasons to go there.
    Since there isnt an overarching system involved in with the open world, there is no power there, so essentially no reason to leave arena/raid/dungeons at any point.

At least DF has m+ in addition so you dont sit idly in the capitol.

Anyone else’s interface been reset and profiles deleted? Lmao.

Yeah, I hoping for more content than WoD tho. The game back then only got something to do when Tanaan came out. I get some ppl like raidlogging, but this is waste of money for me. That's why I'm really hoping the will add something akin to visions, or torghast in later patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    You were so spot on dude! Going back reading this, the 10.0 was wrong yeah, but the raids...you called it. Nice
    Thank you, thank you. But you see, it was actually quite easy to predict all this stuff. Since alpha datamining, we knew that the Janitor was after some "key" carried by the "Arbiter" that would allow him to reach a certain "Sepulcher". Blizzard, being the masters of subtle foreshadowing that they are , literally had the Primus say this, and this dialogue was datamined since alpha:

Voice of the Primus says: There is but one hope to save the Shadowlands. The Eternal Ones must stand together once more, before the Jailer escapes the Maw.
    Voice of the Primus says: Bring my warning to the Archon, the Winter Queen, and the Sire. They must see to our defenses. Do not let Zovaal reach the sepulcher.
    Voice of the Primus says: The Arbiter is the final key. Protect her, or all is lost.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The..._Unknown#Notes

My only "mistake", if you can even call it that, was assume that Shadowlands would be a 3 tier expansions like literally every other expansion except for WoD. In which case, you can be certain that Kel'thuzad would have had his own raid tier (he was the most popular villain featured in the expansion besides Sylvanas).

Indeed, one of the main criticism of Shadowlands (amongst the countless of them) is that Ner'zhul and Kel'thuzad deserved more spotlight.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-11-29 at 10:33 AM.

My impressions after the first few hours:

Oof, so many disconnects already, always in the strangest situations (seems like when the game is overwhelmed by actions / cinematics etc. going on).

Haven't played beta to avoid spoilers, but I love the storyline from the first zone so far. It's so much more gripping than anything going on in Shadowlands. And I actually care about what's happening.

I played for about 3 hours now and I am almost 63 - and I read every quest, I'm not skipping dialogue or cutscenes - why the heck is leveling up so fast?

Dragon Isles seem vast and expansive, but I really dislike Dragonriding and the super slow regen for vigor. It's just zZzzzZz when you're stuck on the ground with no vigor. No final judgement, maxed out Dragonriding could be fun.

By the way, what's up with Razsageth little arms? Is it a design choice or is there an explanation for it why she has crippled arms, coming during the main story? They look hideous and hilarious at the same time.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-11-29 at 10:53 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Dragon Isles seem vast and expansive, but I really dislike Dragonriding and the super slow regen for vigor. It's just zZzzzZz when you're stuck on the ground with no vigor.

By the way, what's up with Razsageth little arms? Is it a design choice or is there an explanation for it why she has crippled arms, coming during the main story? They look hideous and hilarious at the same time.
    Vigor generation speeds up a lot as you go through the tree. By the end, you'll get 1 Vigor every 15s on the ground and every 5 while flying fast.

Also... she's a Protodragon? They've always had those tiny T-Rex arms.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Also... she's a Protodragon? They've always had those tiny T-Rex arms.
    Did they? I thought they'd be like Wyverns with just two feet and two wings instead of arms, I never noticed those little arms lol.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

for the whole expansion one cinematic? kek

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    for the whole expansion one cinematic? kek
    Try harder, pls.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I decided to take it slow, finish zone a day and push endgame on weekend, so now I'm stuck in work and counting hours.

Had pretty smooth experience on midnight thought, almost filled XP bar in hour. On main I will do everything anyway, but there is hope alt leveling will be fun day 1.

Since there isnt an overarching system involved in with the open world, there is no power there, so essentially no reason to leave arena/raid/dungeons at any point.

At least DF has m+ in addition so you dont sit idly in the capitol.
    WoD had loads of fun mechanics in place for the open world. The best example being mounted combat in Nagrand. it just didnt have any reason to go out there.
    DF has similar fun mechanics to engage with in the world, but crucially has actual reasons to go out as well in the form of reagent gathering and world and daily quests.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

[

That's how proto drakes have been since WLK. Tiny T-Rex arms to make them look more like dinosaurs than regular dragons.

Having sentient and intelligent proto dragons feels weird when they have always been nothing but Beasts before this.

Did they? I thought they'd be like Wyverns with just two feet and two wings instead of arms, I never noticed those little arms lol.
    Wowpedia page, you can see they've always had those.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That's how proto drakes have been since WLK. Tiny T-Rex arms to make them look more like dinosaurs than regular dragons.

Having sentient and intelligent proto dragons feels weird when they have always been nothing but Beasts before this.
    Eh we know that they could have intelligence, the aspects were proto-dragons once with some level of intelligence, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Anyone else’s interface been reset and profiles deleted? Lmao.
    Yeah, me.
    Gave me an excuse to re-do them though, with not too bad results.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.