Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I'm sure once they announce the patch Ion will give some interviews again. Right now all he could talk about would be
    A) what a miserable cur he is for bullshitting us over a year with his anti QoL stuff only to do it once shit hits the fan,
    B) giving us canned corporate statements regarding a legal situation he isn't allowed to talk about and
    C) defend the rubbish sanitation changes with some inane hogwash.

There is practically not even the hint of a benefit of communicating with the playerbase (beides press releases/ blue posts) right now until they have something to show for it.
    Maybe Ion isn't even (the only one) in charge anymore and we just don't know about it yet. I mean this radio silence is suspicious. I mean since they announced the Season for Classic all the focus is on Classic again. In a normal retail expansion year. That's so funny to be honest.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe Ion isn't even (the only one) in charge anymore and we just don't know about it yet. I mean this radio silence is suspicious. I mean since they announced the Season for Classic all the focus is on Classic again. In a normal retail expansion year. That's so funny to be honest.
    Dude, we are during PTR period for minor patch. They are not releasing info about 9.2 before it launch. What Ion would make interview about, Anima Conductor losing cap? There interviews are for marketing purpose, he will do them when 9.2 release will be close.

And people don't really give a shit even about TBC Classic, not to mention new season for Vanilla. What "all the focus"? Don't create facts out of thin air.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I just want a return of Face to Face communication and a sensible schedule for said face to face communication to humanize the developers more and reduce the hostility by just dumping us with communication overload. But, again they removed said Q&A and they have not taken the opportunity to find other solutions to this communication problem.

Obviously they will not communicate with us until 9.1.5 is released.

There's a rumour that Towelliee got a preview of 9.2 and if that's the case, maybe there's a CGI Cinematic/Press Tour release spam in November. We just have no idea anymore. Regardless, just 3 more weeks guys and we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    There's a rumour that Towelliee got a preview of 9.2 and if that's the case, maybe there's a CGI Cinematic/Press Tour release spam in November. We just have no idea anymore. Regardless, just 3 more weeks guys and we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    "There's a rumour that Towelllie get a preview of 9.2" - hmm, let's think who could start thus rumour. ;D

But it wouldn't be surprising. Blizzard did the same with 8.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    There's a rumour that Towelliee got a preview of 9.2.
    And in other shocking news, the sky continues to be blue.

Toweliee and his supposed insider knowledge continues to be a topic that noone has given any substantial proof of yet.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    "There's a rumour that Towelllie get a preview of 9.2" - hmm, let's think who could start thus rumour. ;D

But it wouldn't be surprising. Blizzard did the same with 8.2.
    They never dump news of the next major patch right after a .5 patch. There is a chance we get a teaser of the next expansion in November per usual but the chances are higher they're waiting for Blizzconline. The next major patch is 100% the last major patch of Shadowlands & they have no reason to rush it since 10.0 is still at least 12 months away

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I expect a preview of 9.2 and a confirmation on the end of Shadowlands in November and then February to be 10.0 reveal.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They never dump news of the next major patch right after a .5 patch. There is a chance we get a teaser of the next expansion in November per usual but the chances are higher they're waiting for Blizzconline. The next major patch is 100% the last major patch of Shadowlands & they have no reason to rush it since 10.0 is still at least 12 months away
    This post is false with literally every single minor patch followed by big patch (7.1.5, 7.2.5, 8.1.5, 8.2.5, 9.0.5). Every time PTR for next patch was up next or same (oh Legion, how we miss you) month after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And in other shocking news, the sky continues to be blue.

Toweliee and his supposed insider knowledge continues to be a topic that noone has given any substantial proof of yet.
    He's literally friends with Lore. If you think they don't talk about wow you're either completely delusional or just a hater who can't accept things

Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    He's literally friends with Lore. If you think they don't talk about wow you're either completely delusional or just a hater who can't accept things
    He also hasn't given anything substantial with it. His last "bombshell" was that the next patch would have content players wanted, which is the most pathetic excuse for a leak ever.

If he wants clout for being in the know then I expect him to give something for it.
    And sure, maybe he is good friends with known developers and he knows everything that will happen in the future of WoW, but unless he does anything with this then it's about as substantial as saying that Ion has deep knowledge of the next patch.

He also hasn't given anything substantial with it. His last "bombshell" was that the next patch would have content players wanted, which is the most pathetic excuse for a leak ever.

If he wants clout for being in the know then I expect him to give something for it.
    And sure, maybe he is good friends with known developers and he knows everything that will happen in the future of WoW, but unless he does anything with this then it's about as substantial as saying that Ion has deep knowledge of the next patch.
    But that's not what you said, you're just backtracking now. You said there's no proof for his insider knowledge when there is plenty lmao. Just because he's milking and clickbaiting you with info doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

In fact, most popular pve streamers have insider info.

But that's not what you said, you're just backtracking now. You said there's no proof for his insider knowledge when there is plenty lmao. Just because he's milking and clickbaiting you with info doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

In fact, most popular pve streamers have insider info.
    Regardless I am opposed to such blatant clickbait.
    If he has insider info then he should either stop milking it, or alternatively actively give something with it. Continuously teasing info you are not going to give out just seems unprofessional given it is someones work he is putting on the line.

- - - Updated - - -

I should stress that it isn't really Toweliee himself I have a problem with, it's all the time something he said is brought up like it's important, and it always ends up being something vague or obvious like how 9.1 would have features players want.

Regardless I am opposed to such blatant clickbait.
    If he has insider info then he should either stop milking it, or alternatively actively give something with it. Continuously teasing info you are not going to give out just seems unprofessional given it is someones work he is putting on the line.
    Ok archon of internet morality. You probably don't grasp the concept of advertising and hype through clickbait, but that's fine.

Dude, we are during PTR period for minor patch. They are not releasing info about 9.2 before it launch. What Ion would make interview about, Anima Conductor losing cap? There interviews are for marketing purpose, he will do them when 9.2 release will be close.

And people don't really give a shit even about TBC Classic, not to mention new season for Vanilla. What "all the focus"? Don't create facts out of thin air.
    Keep piling up excuses. And yes, nobody cares about TBC Classic or the new Season for Classic, that's why they're doing it. Obviously because nobody cares.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Keep piling up excuses. And yes, nobody cares about TBC Classic or the new Season for Classic, that's why they're doing it. Obviously because nobody cares.
    Excuses. XD Drought is on Blizzard and they are and will pay for it. Lack of interviews is consequence of lack of 9.2 news. For smaller patch like 9.1.5 blue posts every week are enough. Sorry to break your stubborn logic of 5 years old that it means Ion is stepping down, cause you really really want this.

Yep, nobody cares about Classic. And this is generalization (Jesus, I must explain it?), obviously some small communities will care for it (and good for them). But there is no "Classic focus". If anything they want this and 9.1.5 done this month cause next one could be press event about 9.2 as some people already teasing.

Lore is also contractually bound not to talk about anything that is not publicly on PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuses. XD Drought is on Blizzard and they are and will pay for it. Lack of interviews is consequence of lack of 9.2 news. For smaller patch like 9.1.5 blue posts every week are enough. Sorry to break your stubborn logic of 5 years old that it means Ion is stepping down, cause you really really want this.

Yep, nobody cares about Classic. And this is generalization (Jesus, I must explain it?), obviously some small communities will care for it (and good for them). But there is no "Classic focus". If anything they want this and 9.1.5 done this month cause next one could be press event about 9.2 as some people already teasing.
    Doubt he will change. Its a running gag. And yes there are reasonable excuses. Lots of things are delayed in this time of everyone's home(Mostly) and WFH.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    We are not gonna get anything new for a while, just sit back and do something else in the meantime.

Circlejerking about boredom isn't gonna make Blizzard post updates any sooner, or make time flow faster.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Lore is also contractually bound not to talk about anything that is not publicly on PTR.
    It’s such an infantile belief to think that just because two people know each other, all knowledge must be transferred between them. Confidentiality exists. People’s jobs - no, their careers - are dependent on it. There are things I don’t tell my wife about because I’m not supposed to speak externally on the topic.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there's some behind the curtain information that flows from Lore to the big WoW streamers he's buddies with.

But I'm also sure none of them will leak it because they know if they do it's gonna cost their friend a job. And probably get him blacklisted from the industry.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)