Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    What timeframe, can u share?
    Nothing to share, just gut feeling. It feels right!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Uther already said its not a case of good and bad side when it comes to soul. When Uther regained his full self it wasn't the bad side that finally came back.
    Who said anything about good and evil?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Who said anything about good and evil?
    Someone was thinking that the "compassionate" side of her soul came back or that is how someone interpreted it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Depends on the convenience you are giving. Weapon durability(Or how extreme it is in Breath of the Wild) can be very frustrating if its tuned badly.
    That is the point though, players want different things. Not necessarily realistic weapons where you can pick up and, but its rusty so you can use it for a couple of swings before it leaves you without anything, but still. Weapon degradation is a choice that amplifies a portion of gamepaly in that game, specifically the hunt for new weapons, and the organic gameplay moments where you need to fend off enemies with twigs if necessary, as well as give an extra gameplay incentive in the convenience of carrying more weapons.

Not to say that convenience should be completely gone, as I mentioned with Breath of the Wild, the convenience of getting more weapon slots adds to gameplay, but I would argue it's similar to how every good dish needs a touch of bitterness. Noone wants food to really taste bitter, but it needs a bit of it to really accentuate the other flavors.

And for that matter, sometimes the gameplay/convenience relationship is thrown out of whack compared to what the game really needs. Some games needs as much convenience as possible, some need as little as possible.
    WoW has tried both these flavors, and noone has an idea that everyone can agree on that hits perfectly for what everyone wants. As mentioned with flying, some want flying gone to really allow world content to blossom, some want flying immediately because they think world content is dumb.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    If they are reworking professions, they should start with adding actual gameplay to crafting professions.

Make them more engaging, turn them into mini games like they did in legion with jewelcrafting.
    Let alchemists mix their potions on their own.
    Let blacksmiths swing their hammers.
    Let Tailors weave their threads.
    etc.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Professions are one of those areas where fixing problems is extremely difficult because what the majority of players want is directly at odds with what actually makes for good gameplay, much like flying.
    Well, no one said it will be easy. Or that they will succeed.

For me account-wide tab for ALL recipes would be a start. I have some rare recipes and don't want them perma delete, so I'm stuck with same professions on main. To avoid switching professions on the fly all they have to do is introducing small tax for switch, even few 1.5k gold is enough (cause Legion and BfA recipes already had something like that).

Second, introducing housing would give professions a lot of cosmetics patterns. And we could play around with these more than stuff used for min-maxing.

Someone was thinking that the "compassionate" side of her soul came back or that is how someone interpreted it.
    I mean, their interpretation wouldn’t really be “wrong” per say. Certain souls have different soul splitting ordeals. You could tell the half we saw was very split on what she wanted to do and acted out in anger a ton, with practically no remorse for those actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    What timeframe, can u share?
    If they want to release 10.0 in one year from now, they need the people to make it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I mean, their interpretation wouldn’t really be “wrong” per say. Certain souls have different soul splitting ordeals. You could tell the half we saw was very split on what she wanted to do and acted out in anger a ton, with practically no remorse for those actions.
    Thats my point she may just be the same despite reuniting with the other part of her soul but with different perspective.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Thats my point she may just be the same despite reuniting with the other part of her soul but with different perspective.
    At the very least she will have reunited with a half that has no idea what has been going on. So in a sense she will see the atrocities and horrors she has commited as someone who just got killed by Arthas.
    I would consider it like if someone knocked you out tomorrow, then you woke up 20 years later from a coma except you remember going around murdering innocent people and commiting horrible atrocities upon random townsfolk.
    I can absolutely see how that would be a shock.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    If they are reworking professions, they should start with adding actual gameplay to crafting professions.

Make them more engaging, turn them into mini games like they did in legion with jewelcrafting.
    etc.
    Do you realize how quickly all this stuff would become tedious? This is not how you make profs more engaging.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Do you realize how quickly all this stuff would become tedious? This is not how you make profs more engaging.
    I'm sure Blizz can come up with a way or another to make that less tedious or speed it up.

If all else fails, they can always add a quick-craft option to skip the mini game.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Blizz can come up with a way or another to make that less tedious or speed it up.

If all else fails, they can always add a quick-craft option to skip the mini game.
    Sure, but that would make entire thing a waste of resources, because you can bet your ass everybody and their moms would pick skip option over any type of mini-game. This is not the way, and honestly I don't know how to improve them beyond quest chains they did in Legion. I don't really think profs should be even focused much, when we got much more important issues to deal with.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    At the very least she will have reunited with a half that has no idea what has been going on. So in a sense she will see the atrocities and horrors she has commited as someone who just got killed by Arthas.
    I would consider it like if someone knocked you out tomorrow, then you woke up 20 years later from a coma except you remember going around murdering innocent people and commiting horrible atrocities upon random townsfolk.
    I can absolutely see how that would be a shock.
    I had to check Uther again and you are right, in a way if I understand it it would be like you were killed by Arthas and the next thing you are conscience of, well you have a few people staring at you angerly. I assume thats what they are trying to do cause its almost obvious. Blizz made us used to the idea of a soul being damaged/shattered to get us ready for some Sylvanas twist.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If they want to release 10.0 in one year from now, they need the people to make it now.
    I mean, if 10.0 is scheduled for Q4/22 (I think Q3/22 would be way better if they could achieve this, but they likely won't), Alpha testing isn't that far away. So they better have these things semi-developed already.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Easy enough to just have a mastery system where crafting the recipe X number of times unlocks automated crafting.

But I really don't think minigames are going to solve the problems professions have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, no one said it will be easy. Or that they will succeed.

For me account-wide tab for ALL recipes would be a start. I have some rare recipes and don't want them perma delete, so I'm stuck with same professions on main. To avoid switching professions on the fly all they have to do is introducing small tax for switch, even few 1.5k gold is enough (cause Legion and BfA recipes already had something like that).

Second, introducing housing would give professions a lot of cosmetics patterns. And we could play around with these more than stuff used for min-maxing.
    But that is exactly the sort of thing that has professions in their current state. All account-wide professions stuff will do is further devalue profession investment and discourge player interaction. No need to bother actually doing profession stuff on an alt when you can just grab recipes on your main and unlock it for everything.

etc.
    I'll take a big pass on that, it's already tedious crafting all my blues every day for AH posting, if I had to do a minigame each time I'd be out fast as fuck.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what to do with Professions other then use some of the other vanilla into sets(They sorta have this for some but I'm talking complete sets, doesn't have to have uber stats could just be cosmetic in general).

Like a copper set, Iron, Mithril Truesilver etc etc and yes including expansion sets to. Its not big or even revolutionary but its what I would do.

Edit: I'd ask the same for tailoring if you get the point).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-15 at 10:32 PM.

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I would really love if they made plain cloth/leather/mail/plate gear for transmogs with each armor specializations specific professions.

Then again I just love more and more plain HDified normal armor.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Unlike the Shadowlands cinematic which generated a lot of drama and fiasco due to Sylvanas humiliating Bolvar.
    Still super pissy about that. Thought I'd get over it, but can't bear to watch the cinematic again.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.