7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrisser View Post
    “running dungeon "just for the design" doesn't work. People don't operate like that”

This only applies for bad content that no one cares about. If the content was good people would be doing it regardless of rewards
    Yes yes, in your imaginary perfect RPG. Tell me then why people don't really raid previous patches raids in each expansion? I mean, some had to be good, and low ilvl gear should not be a problem, according to you.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

“Shadowlands is a bad expansion that drove everyone away except the people who only play to grind ever higher numbers”

Uh, yes? Lol

We definitely agree there

- - - Updated - - -

“running dungeon "just for the design" doesn't work. People don't operate like that”

This only applies for bad content that no one cares about. If the content was good people would be doing it regardless of rewards
    Nice fantasy world you are living in there. The audience for that kind of game disappeared long, long before Shadowlands.
    Those that play WoW now are almost exclusively those that just want their quick fix of raiding, M+ or PvP. Those that want to enjoy the content on its own merits all left back in TBC I would reckon. Ever since then the game has been designed with the intention of making players do content for rewards, not for its own sake.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes yes, in your imaginary perfect RPG. Tell me then why people don't really raid previous patches raids in each expansion? I mean, some had to be good, and low ilvl gear should not be a problem, according to you.
    “in your imaginary perfect RPG”

You mean the multiple MMORPGs right now that do exactly that? You should play more games before you post.

7+ Year Old Account
    “in your imaginary perfect RPG”

You mean the multiple MMORPGs right now that do exactly that? You should play more games before you post.
    Yes yes, players there just do same content over and over for no reward, just to experience the design. Please tell me New World is one of them.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

There are still players that do stuff on a lark. But that audience is in a small enough majority that expecting them to keep up a stable stream of groups is absolutely insane.
    Players that wanted to run Nighthold for fun in Legion did so by piggybacking off of those that wanted to farm Legiondaries. Those that want to have fun running Nathria now do so along with those that want Anima, Renown or Transmog.

Players that do stuff for fun doesn't really do stuff that requires a group finder, the audience for that isnt nearly large enough. And noone thinks its fun to sit around in a queue waiting whe nyou could have fun in WoW doing stuff like run Ahn'qiraj, or try running from one end of Deadwind pass to the other on a ground mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes yes, players there just do same content over and over for no reward, just to experience the design. Please tell me New World is one of them.
    Yes if the content is memorable and well designed people will gladly come back to it.

There was an exodus of shadowlands because it is a terrible expansion with low quality content. The only ones left playing are the ones who only play to grind higher ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    lol no.

8.2 and 8.3 added more to the game, and were far more substantial. 9.1 is one of the most half-assed things they've ever released since I've been playing (Legion)

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    lol no.

8.2 and 8.3 added more to the game, and were far more substantial. 9.1 is one of the most half-assed things they've ever released since I've been playing (Legion)
    8.2, yes, absolutely. It is probably the biggest patch in the games history.

8.3? Absolutely not. Don't know how you could possibly say that.

9.1 was just a retread of things that legion and bfa had already done better. It was a patch purely for the addicts, which is why so many people left after it launched. It was the most phoned in patch since the selfie patch.

9.1 is what the future of WoW looks like. Extremely low quality and low effort garbage made solely to keep the addicts chasing after the carrot. This is basically maintenance mode for WoW
    Last edited by Landrisser; 2021-11-07 at 01:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    9.1 was just a retread of things that legion and bfa had already done better. It was a patch purely for the addicts, which is why so many people left after it launched. It was the most phoned in patch since the selfie patch.

9.1 is what the future of WoW looks like. Extremely low quality and low effort garbage made solely to keep the addicts chasing after the carrot. This is basically maintenance mode for WoW
    Very nice opinion of WoW players you have there and very bold and unique statements about future of the game you provide, oh ye new account, who may or may not have something in common with recently banned notorious haters that kept saying exact same things.

How exactly is a large chunk of new mounts, cosmetic armors, a full raid, a megadungeon, a zone, several questlines, and various cosmetic bits and bobs a severe dearth of content? Is 8.2 really the only true meaty patch now since it had 2 zones instead of just one? Or is it because some of the raid set pieces were already used as the cosmetic for legendaries?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How exactly is a large chunk of new mounts, cosmetic armors, a full raid, a megadungeon, a zone, several questlines, and various cosmetic bits and bobs a severe dearth of content? Is 8.2 really the only true meaty patch now since it had 2 zones instead of just one? Or is it because some of the raid set pieces were already used as the cosmetic for legendaries?
    You heard their arguments, content is more horrible than living in North Korea and it doesn't exist at same time. Want continue this fruitful discussion with fresh accounts that act like 5 year accounts for some reason?

But no worry, exactly same content during 11.1 will be good, hell maybe even in 10.1 since some people already praise BfA xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You heard their arguments, content is more horrible than living in North Korea and it doesn't exist at same time. Want continue this fruitful discussion with fresh accounts that act like 5 year accounts for some reason?

But no worry, exactly same content during 11.1 will be good, hell maybe even in 10.1 since some people already praise BfA xD.
    The cycle continues.

‘How are things different’ ‘if you look at it on paper it’s all the same’

I guess it makes sense that this is the only kind of person who enjoys shadowlands. When you only play to grind numbers, details like quality are of little importance.

10+ Year Old Account
    This argument is old and exhausting. 9.1 isn't phoned in and worse then selfie patch, jesus....... so dramatic. And with much exhaustion, calling something garbage is not an argument. Its old and borderline tantrum.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-11-07 at 02:22 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Despite its failings, 9.1 still triumphs over the abysmal (aside from mage-tower) 7.2. A zone empty since launch filled with lackluster rares, treasures, no campaign beyond the initial landing scenario, and horrific time-gated quests to collect said boring treasures or kill said lackluster rares. It had the ending to the class campaigns, which were very short and anti-climactic. Class mounts ranged from great to barely trying. Raid was decent but criticized for the soak-meta, and the dungeon was universally avoided for M+.

Extremely low quality and low effort garbage has existed since Legion, so yeah, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudmong View Post
    Despite its failings, 9.1 still triumphs over the abysmal (aside from mage-tower) 7.2. A zone empty since launch filled with lackluster rares, treasures, no campaign beyond the initial landing scenario, and horrific time-gated quests to collect said boring treasures or kill said lackluster rares. It had the ending to the class campaigns, which were very short and anti-climactic. Class mounts ranged from great to barely trying. Raid was decent but criticized for the soak-meta, and the dungeon was universally avoided for M+.

Extremely low quality and low effort garbage has existed since Legion, so yeah, sorry.
    That's a weird way to type "since Vanilla"

Quote Originally Posted by Proudmong View Post

You are correct, of course. Almost all of the problems with modern WoW started with legion, and were then double and tripled downed on with bfa and sl. That’s why bfa and sl are the two worst received expansions ever.

Legion would have been fine if it had been a one off expansion or if they had taken the things it brought and improved on them.

Instead, blizzard rehashed the legion formula but replaced all of its systems with shittier and lower quality systems in bfa and sl. Literally the worst of all options.
    Last edited by Landrisser; 2021-11-07 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Much as I don't like SL and Blizzard, these 9.1 content comments are baffling. The content was fine, it was really just that Blizz didn't fix the foundational problems with SL and its systems that have been complained about since the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

I don’t know what turned more than half the usernase into raging retards but I suspect it isn’t entirely the game itself. People are outright raiding the thread now to shitpost about the game.

You guys alright?