I heard there'll be a new cooking event during Pilgrim's Bounty
    Arthas and Nomi determine who can bake the best chicken without burning down the world

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    I heard there'll be a new cooking event during Pilgrim's Bounty
    Arthas and Nomi determine who can bake the best chicken without burning down the world

Is it foreshadowing of new class that we all waited for, THE BAKER.

Helm of Domination reforged and used as setup for new Hero Class. (caught in 4k)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

So I guess we are now on the train that an announcement will happen today 110% guaranteed, no takebacks?

I am actually surprised we have not gotten a pre-dtream announcement by now at least. PTR is one thing, but I would have imagined everyone is waiting for mat least something to hold onto in regards to 9.2, even if it is as I said just the pre-dtream announcement.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

They are probably busy buying Ion a mic that is above tin can telephone quality and something that keeps his neck straight so he doesn't always look like he set the laptop camera on the floor.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am actually surprised we have not gotten a pre-dtream announcement by now at least. PTR is one thing, but I would have imagined everyone is waiting for mat least something to hold onto in regards to 9.2, even if it is as I said just the pre-dtream announcement.
    What's this?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Kind of curious if revelations in 9.2 and beyond are going to parallel the Eternals movie, because the general cosmology is kinda similar in structure and story beats. Got some in-fighting between Titans over their prime directive, world souls being birthed in planets, maybe we'll learn that Azeroth's inhabitants are just being groomed to become a sacrifice or a fuel source to awaken Azeroth herself. That's one aspect that Blizz has never elaborated on: what happens if Azeroth actually awakens as a Titan?
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What's this?
    A pre-dtream announcement is an announcement (usually formal and in text) made before a live viseo dtream, usually containing information about the time, location and subject of the upcoming dtream.

I mean audiovisuals is basically the only aspect that gets praised in every expansion, so it’s pretty redundant to single it out again, but hey - why not. WoW never lacked great aesthetics and soundtracks. Not in Vanilla, not now.
    Music quality plummeted after WoD with Russell Brower's departure. Glenn Stafford and Neal Acree occasionally put out a decent track but WoW's overall soundtrack starting with Legion is bland and forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Blizzard barely fails in terms of music imho. (Cata/BfA/Wotlk are the best for me)
    BC through Cata had good music, but MoP's and WoD's soundtrack was killer.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Seriously. Never underestimate the power of an amazing boss theme in the game's experience. My favorite video game moments really wouldn't be the same without it.
    It's strange that WoW has been so averse to boss battle music.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/577500418/wow-leak

found another leak in the archive
    most likely fake

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post

most likely fake
    I can't believe they used the font from Frozen. That's a new low, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    A pre-dtream announcement is an announcement (usually formal and in text) made before a live viseo dtream, usually containing information about the time, location and subject of the upcoming dtream.
    So it's a pre-stream announcement? Or what is this abbreviation standing for? I'm a bit confused right now as I never heard pre-dtream before, lol. Thank you!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

So it's a pre-stream announcement? Or what is this abbreviation standing for? I'm a bit confused right now as I never heard pre-dtream before, lol. Thank you!
    It was a typo, is what he is saying.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Sorry haha! I’m pretty sure it’s just a typo (S and D keys being adjacent), and decided to play along.

Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    Sorry haha! I’m pretty sure it’s just a typo (S and D keys being adjacent), and decided to play along.
    No no, I absolutely meant to write dtream, it's the new innovative 3D virtual livedtream that Blizzard is pushing. You would know about it if you checked eoehead or read the front page of nno champ.
    The fact that I write on a phone has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post

most likely fake
    Was there more to the actual "leak" or is he picture everything of note there?
    From the replies it seems like there was more to it, but I have no idea where they are getting it from.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Music quality plummeted after WoD with Russell Brower's departure. Glenn Stafford and Neal Acree occasionally put out a decent track but WoW's overall soundtrack starting with Legion is bland and forgettable.

BC through Cata had good music, but MoP's and WoD's soundtrack was killer.

It's strange that WoW has been so averse to boss battle music.

Patience Point is one of my favorite video game pieces in general.

While the music quality did plummet into kind of genericness post-WoD, Grant Kirkhopes tracks from Shadowlands give me hope (haha) about future expansions.

His style of music (very whimsical) didn't really fit with Shadowlands.

The Nathria music was very good, and the Torghast soundtrack is very cool as well, it just doesn't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Patience Point is one of my favorite video game pieces in general.

While the music quality did plummet into kind of genericness post-WoD, Grant Kirkhopes tracks from Shadowlands give me hope (haha) about future expansions.

His style of music (very whimsical) didn't really fit with Shadowlands.

The Nathria music was very good, and the Torghast soundtrack is very cool as well, it just doesn't fit.
    I dunno, I think you are really underestimating Requiem for the Lost Cities the Highmountain theme from Legion.
    Or the Night Warrior and Zin-Azshari themes from BfA.

Not sure if it really counts. But the Night warrior rendition we got when fighting Tyrande in 9.1 was absolutely incredible. Makes me wish that fight was an actual raid boss and not just a brief questline boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They have some good zone music, but they really should take music into account in boss design too.
    Raid music range from forgettable to nonexistent.
    Do you want hard metal music when entering P2/P3 ? :P

I don't really think that the Torghast soundtrack is too whimsical, it has a few higher notes in it, but it's still very much "EEPICCC!!!11" music, which imho is the real issue with WoW's music. You can only hear so many classical orchestra soundtracks before they all start sounding the same to you, and that is pretty much WoW music in a nutshell. The few deviations from that are very welcome, like the Howling Fjord music or recently the one for castle Nathria (well some parts), but overall I still find myself turning down the music slider ever more, because after a while I simply can't stand hearing the blarring of trumpets/horns and the thundering of the drums anymore.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-11-10 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    I don't really think that the Torghast soundtrack is too whimsical, it has a few higher notes in it, but it's still very much "EEPICCC!!!11" music, which imho is the real issue with WoW's music. You can only hear so many classical orchestra soundtracks before they all start sounding the same to you, and that is pretty much WoW music in a nutshell. The few deviations from that are very welcome, like the Howling Fjord music or recently the one for castle Nathria (well some parts), but overall I still find myself turning down the music slider ever more, because after a while I simply can't stand hearing the blarring of trumpets/horns and the thundering of the drums anymore.
    You don't really notice the more low key music I find. So talking about it is kinda difficult.
    There is a track in Maldraxxus of all places that I just absolutely adore. Plays up the majesty of such a zone and not just the martial and "badass" notes the rest of the Maldraxxus tracks aim for.

I guess it's also a question of what music counts as "epic". Nightsong is my favourite track in the game, and it really amps up the questing experience in Kalimdor, but I am not sure whether I would call it epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Logo looks pretty good. It's too small to get much in the way of details, but it does strike me as a logo Blizzard would create. Very industrial looking, which kind of vibes with the rest of the leak. What gives me pause is that this was a leak back in 2019, and we got Shadowlands instead, so that makes this dubious. However, there is a possibility that this expansion has been in the works for awhile and maybe Shadowlands got bumped ahead of it.

2. Return to a different Azeroth makes sense if we're returning with some time having passed, or if the main big bad remakes Azeroth in some way at the end of Shadowlands. Definitely a possibility. Perhaps Azeroth undergoes an industrial revolution in our absence?

3. Mechanic definitely sounds like what Blizzard would bring into the game in place of a Tinker class. Mechanic is a more generalized term that can be applied to races beyond Gnomes/Goblins. Much like they did with the Brewmaster hero; turning it into the more general Monk class. They could do a ton with the concept, and WoW is one of the few MMOs lacking a class like this. If we're going with an industrial style expansion as the logo suggests, a Mechanic class fits that setting. It would also explain why we're expanding this beyond just Goblins and Gnomes.

4. I have no idea what Hero Stance could be. However it doesn't strike me as an actual name for a WoW system, so that's a strike against this.

5. Custom Airships as player housing is a neat idea, and something that I could see implemented if they're implementing a steampunk/technology-based class, and it fits the logo. I could definitely see players really getting into designing and setting up their ships, so that's something I could see Blizzard implement. If they did implement this, they should allow players to park their airships wherever they want. I would personally park my ship over Pandaria. So yeah, this is a feature I would like to see.

6. The misspelling of the words is weird, and either makes this entire thing a fake, or an intentional misdirection. People immeadiately point to those misspellings and instantly dismiss this leak, but that really makes no sense. Why go through ALL of this trouble to create this (especially the logo) and misspell two very easy words? In the era of autocorrect this is just a very strange error to make. Some may consider this a strike, but to me this adds to mystery of this leak.

7. Reforged Profession System is BADLY needed. I really hope that whatever the next expansion is they implement this.

8. Those mechanical designs on the bottom are interesting and unnecessary. They match the general appearance of the logo and a Mechanic class and Airships.

In conclusion, this could be an intentional leak from Blizzard to generate positive hype after a bad patch of news. They leaked Shadowlands right before BlizzCon, and given the bad news recently it makes a LOT of sense for Blizzard to get people talking about something positive. Something like this would do that.

Also the next Hearthstone expansion is about to be announced too. So that adds to the chances that Blizzard will announce something like this in the coming days. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-11-10 at 11:53 AM.