The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What is 1. related to?
    Just go on Twitter, you'll find it pretty quick.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Just go on Twitter, you'll find it pretty quick.
    I don’t have social media. Are you talking about the Wall Street Journal stuff about Kotick and Jen O’Neal?
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-11-16 at 07:25 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

What is 1. related to?
    Let's just say that morale won't be improving for a while at Blizzard and other Activision companies.
    Edit: Yes, obviously that is what he is talking about.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Pretty sure Jailer called all of the three LK's a failures.
    The first one was too proud and an imbecile, the second one was still Human, the third one was imbued by Life itself the clear counter to Death.

Regardless, it is hard to theorize what Jailor's original plan was if it involved Sleeper Agents of the Greatest Heroes of Azeroth dying at the hands of Frostmourne and being reanimated only to later be killed prior to the Machine of Death breaking at which Zovaal would've ended up with a billion man army and sleeper agents orchestrating his victory.

Also again you could theorize that Zovaal wouldn't need us at all and that the Drust, Forsworn, Denathrius, Kel'thuzad would resolve the issues and also Zovaal would be able to locate the last sigil in Korthia somehow and bringing it back to a defeated Primus.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-16 at 07:12 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

What is 1. related to?
    I assume the scathing Wall Street Journal piece that claims Jen Oneal left Blizzard because she didnt have faith Activision-Blizzard could change, and that furthermore she was paid less than her co-lead.

Also stuff that seems to confirm Bobby Kotick is human scum, who like many other wealthy are willing to simply pay scandals away out of pettiness instead of even settling out of court.

No direct interviews, but there is supposedly an email from Jen Oneal that specifies the first point.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Honestly I don't get what Anduin could teach us about not being dominated. Arthas himself didn't realize he did not actually have control and was more in a trance-like state. The whole "Anduin will teach you how to not be dominated" absolutely needs some sort of McGuffin or something whether its a Legendary or a Anti-Domination Rune.
    Is it because he kinda shook off the domination after stabbing the Bastion lady?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Is it because he kinda shook off the domination after stabbing the Bastion lady?
    Seemingly Zovaal wasn't used to utilizing such domination magic from afar and it was still attuning to Anduin or something. Regardless, Anduin is weird since he has the power of Void and Light within him and one of the theories prior to him being just a boss was that he was going to be utilized to gain access to the Sepulcher due to him being a Light wielding pure boy (Also since Zovaal found interest in him specifically and the whole "Oh he pure" and could meet with Kyrestia) which would lead to the hint that N'zoth said which was "Only he (N'zoth = Void) could save us" which would've lead to Anduin turning void in the moment grabbing the Sepulcher and unleashing the Security Systems.

Unfortunately that is not what seems to be happening, the only reason to theorize about the Void thing being relevant since it was specifically written into the pre-expansion book is that being under Void control can defeat Domination Magic. But, uh. Yeah, I don't know.

My take away of the events of the Anduin fight is that in a desperate attempt to defeat us he channels the void powers within him that ends the encounter freeing him from the domination magic of Zovaal. But again who the heck knows, I'm just theorizing that with how everything keeps changing.

Before you ask, yeah. It is potentially likely that our player characters would be under Void Control to defeat Zovaal.

Again it remains unanswered why after he stabbed Kyrestia, Zovaal lost control. It does seem that the Anduin Runeforged Armor is activated by command. Obviously this was also prior to Zovaal becoming his Titan++ self.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-16 at 07:25 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Thanks all, I just checked wowhead after Slowpoke told me to look on social media. I think it’s clarified now and we can keep the thread clean, lol.

On topic, because someone asked: the only thing I am interested in about 9.2 is how Zovaal gets killed / how he dies. That’s what interests me the most.

Thanks all, I just checked wowhead after Slowpoke told me to look on social media. I think it’s clarified now and we can keep the thread clean, lol.

On topic, because someone asked: the only thing I am interested in about 9.2 is how Zovaal gets killed / how he dies. That’s what interests me the most.
    What makes you think he's going to die?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Yeah, maybe he's the final boss of the next xpac

Another Archimitros wowhead hit piece against "once great Blizzard." How surprising.

He serves no point anymore (did he ever?). I absolutely do not assume he’s winning and we’re losing because that would mean he would be another expansion’s final boss (lol). Imprisoning him would be basically Sargeras 2.0, so not an option either. He can only die, that’s his sole purpose left. His death can set things in motion or whatever, but Zovaal‘s story ends in Shadowlands.

1+ Year Old Account
    I mean he could win and reset the Universe and we're just stuck in a Universe under his direct control and that becomes the new big bad for Book 2 of the Warcraft Saga.

Or better case he dies but succeeds in his mission and we're still stuck on a new Azeroth unable to go Home to the old one.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-11-16 at 07:41 PM.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, they did say this is the end of first chapter of WoW story, so I don't think he will carry over. What he is gonna accomplish though, that's entirely different matter. This is really the best bet right now - Jailer gets defeated and dies, but he changes reality, somehow kick-starting a soft reset.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-11-16 at 07:41 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I mean he could win and reset the Universe and we're just stuck in a Universe under his direct control and that becomes the new big bad for Book 2 of the Warcraft Saga.
    Then he still would be around and we had to face him again. Blizzard never recycled an expansion‘s final boss. Even Garrosh was killed in a questline.

For me it feels like they really wanna close the Shadowlands chapter as soon as possible and forget about it entirely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then he still would be around and we had to face him again. Blizzard never recycled an expansion‘s final boss. Even Garrosh was killed in a questline.

For me it feels like they really wanna close the Shadowlands chapter as soon as possible and forget about it entirely.
    So he dies, either by our hand, or by himself. He goes like "my work is done" and peaces out permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So he dies, either by our hand, or by himself. He goes like "my work is done" and peaces out permanently.
    I think that’s the most likely thing to happen as well.

He dies for his greater good and we’re struck by the consequences.

I don't think Zovaal is going to die seeing as the Primus seemed to hint that Zovaals "goal" was to subjugate everyone, which isnt exactly the kind of goal that can be accomplished when he isnt around.

I imagine he will simply be imprisoned again if he isnt simply killed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fully expect he's not going to die but he is going to be put in an inescapable* box.

That new Afterlife that the Forge of Afterlives is making.

*Until they need to revisit the Shadowlands in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Or better case he dies but succeeds in his mission and we're still stuck on a new Azeroth unable to go Home to the old one.
    If people liked Shadowland's story, maybe.

But it's widely hated, so no doubt Blizz will brush the Jailer under the rug rather than putting him front and center for the next 10 years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)