The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    I just hate what they did with the LK, there could have been so many awesome things they could have done with the character but threw that away because the current writers want to unsaddle themselves from the foundational lore. The Lich King and Scourge were my favorite parts of Warcraft besides the Forsaken, Sylvanas, and Dark Rangers. The forsaken identity is shattered. They ruined Sylvanas for me. Dark Rangers are never going to be playable (despite being teased.) The Lich King role is dead and the Scourge are going to be rofl stomped like they were never a threat.

I don't think Sylvanas is going to be Arbiter. I'm pretty sure it's Pelagos. Sylvanas is probably going the way of the dodo or written out of the story entirely for the foreseeable future.
    I worry that they're gonna do some stupid handwave with the Scourge like "And so without the Jailer all the Scourge souls returned to the Shadowlands to be judged by the new Arbiter."

And then just not explain the resulting Forsaken-shaped plotole.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I worry that they're gonna do some stupid handwave with the Scourge like "And so without the Jailer all the Scourge souls returned to the Shadowlands to be judged by the new Arbiter."

Same here. In fact, I fully believe that's where they're going. I wanted to be wrong, I really fucking did. I wanted so badly to like SLs despite the cinematic and the objectively bad storytelling. I really gave it my best attempt to find anything redeemable about SLs like I did with BFA, which did a lot of damage by itself. The story had the potential of being great, if written with respect and regard to the foundational lore. I'm not complaining just for the sake of it because I've played WoW for over a decade and had great memories. But the current writing has decimated what I once loved. I have no more goodwill left to tap into.

We go from Legion hyping the Lich King, making him feel powerful and threatening, a force to be reckoned with, a necessary evil to "WCIII TFT and Wrath of the Lich King? LOL Jailer some lame generic blue dipshit you've never heard of before did it! Also, remember when we explicitly stated there must always be a Lich King because the Scourge would go apeshit on Azeroth and obliterate all life? Just kidding! The Scourge are nothing. Eat our dicks."

Using the helm of domination to make a new arbiter helm is pretty stupid considered that it definitely has the power to dominate still. Then we have the Forsaken problem left unattended to.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overdramatics aren't really helping.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You don't say? Maybe I'm not trying to help and I'm just venting my frustration? I'm allowed to state my discontent and critique of WoW on a public forum. Or is it only okay when people sing Shadowlands praises? Not everyone can tolerate the quality of writing you seem to hold in such high regard.
    Last edited by Three Faced Goddess; 2021-11-26 at 04:16 AM.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

I think Sylvanas fate is gonna be locked with seven keys inside an encrypted cutscene, just like Sargeras in Legion, and probably Arthas as well. The model encrypted also would spoil the cinematic a bit, and that's why it's encrypted.

Now that Sylvie is "whole" again and stripped of her deathmagic i dont even care anymore if they redeem her. Just get it over with. I dont want to hear of any of her "grand plans" any more, tuck her away somewhere and keep her silent for a few years if possible. Give us a fresh start, a new story we can understand and that happens entirely in game with good believable characters. I could even tolerate a few unbalanced/convoluted new systems if they could get the story and characters right for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    Now that Sylvie is "whole" again and stripped of her deathmagic i dont even care anymore if they redeem her. Just get it over with. I dont want to hear of any of her "grand plans" any more, tuck her away somewhere and keep her silent for a few years if possible. Give us a fresh start, a new story we can understand and that happens entirely in game with good believable characters. I could even tolerate a few unbalanced/convoluted new systems if they could get the story and characters right for once.
    Wow is at its best with grounded plots. MoP imo is the best storytelling has been. Special shout out to legion Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

Not necessarily, because there's Sera, who just randomly turns people into Forsaken. The plothole is more like, "were there undead on Azeroth before the Jailer & the scourge?" "Why has this never been addressed in lore?" "And How are we making new Death Knights?" "All player Death Knights were either made in WotLK or BFA" "Okay if we aren't making more why can't we play as forsaken elves?" "You just extincted a major fantasy life-form"

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Honestly. When has she ever even been the "main character" except in people's heads? Some of BfA's cinematics, and her raid instance? She certainly wasn't main in BfA itself. The intro was mostly about Saurfang and the Night Elves (she was 100% secondary to Anduin in the book) not her; the war campaigns were about Jaina and the Kul Tirans, and then the Zandalari; Magni and Brann for the Azeroth questlines; Azshara and the Mechagnomes; and finally Wrathion and N'zoth. She really just shows up on rare occasions to bark some orders and then leaves, and then is around as the villain of the culmination of Saurfang's storyline.

She's been in a lot of cutscenes in Shadowlands, but the expansion hasn't really been about her. After the cinematic she fucks off to the background as the cause of shit going haywire, then everything from the maw intro until like, Battle of Ardenweald is just about the Jailer/Maw/Covenants. She's in cutscenes, but usually as a secondary to either the Jailer or Anduin--and then important for her specific raid tier, after which she's stripped of armor and weapons and seems to just be, at absolute best, a helper.

I think people just went into BfA assuming she'd follow Garrosh's story, become super important and then get killed off there or right after. So now they feel like she's been the focus for two expansions... when really she wasn't a focus at all during BfA in the actual game or supplemental media, people were just obsessing over her in discourse.

Nathanos is the exact same thing. Very little of BfA is about him, he largely just hangs out on the ship in Zuldazar and helps out in bits of the war campaign. But people spent so much time absolutely foaming at the mouth about him and being Danuser's insert that they felt like he was everywhere and the only thing in the story. Ditto Thrall in Cata, really (which I'm equally guilty of).

It's literally a case of making yourself sick of a character because you spend so much time thinking about them.
    Yeah, she wasn't main character at all. Maybe if she committed a genocide against a certain race and was the only person who was directly responsible for the destruction of two capital cities(something, that arguably only Arthas managed to do, since WC3) kick-starting the entire 4th war, maaaybe she could be considered somewhat close to being one of the main characters in BFA.

And, perhaps, if she could usurp one of the main factions in the game, going as far as almost sparking 2nd civil war in that faction, while also killing one of the living legends in the said faction, she could be considered a somewhat important character.

Or even if Blizzard were as bold as to let her defeat one of the most powerful beings on Azerth, break his helm and kick-start the entire current expansion, maybe the player base would have considered her a "main character", but alas, she's bound to be insignificant in people's eyes.

The entire purpose of introducing Azeroth as a new cosmic plane - on par with the major cosmological forces - was it allows us to tell a story involving the "bigger forces" but keep it more grounded moving forward. Think more Emerald Dream and less Shadowlands for the other forces. By the way, did you see how Light could invade Death? The Emerald Dream story isn't over.

People with 0 posts, shouldn't be allowed to post on these forums.
    5Head idea to prevent spam!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    You don't say? Maybe I'm not trying to help and I'm just venting my frustration? I'm allowed to state my discontent and critique of WoW on a public forum. Or is it only okay when people sing Shadowlands praises? Not everyone can tolerate the quality of writing you seem to hold in such high regard.
    You should know by now that this thread sees any criticism made towards WoW and Daddy Blizzard as a personal insult.

Only when it's criticism towards the current expansion though. These people have no problem shitting on WoD or Legion or BfA to bring up Shadowlands, even though back in the day they were shilling for these expansions. And ironically they will turn on Shadowlands if and when 10.0 proves to be equally bad. The cycle continues.

If 10.0 writing proves to be a disaster, I guarantee you people here will be saying stuff like "oh but don't you remember how Shadowlands completely broke the lore? remove your rose-tinted glasses immediately!!"
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-11-26 at 10:08 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

If this leak about the fate of HoD is real, how come wowhead had not showecased the datamined IGC yet? Or have not found the model of this new crown of the arbiter?

PTR isnt even open yet, so its not in the game files atm?
    Last edited by LordKharon; 2021-11-26 at 10:26 AM.

I found some pictures online, yet I do think some talented modeler would had made them, the crown looks very cheap as well. Too cheap looking for an significant new artifact.

Also there would be too many plot holes for blizz to fx if hey want to delete the helm of domination, including majority of the forsaken and death knights that too would be tied to domination magics to an extent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzak View Post
    how come wowhead had not showecased the datamined IGC yet? Or have not found the model of this new crown of the arbiter?
    If something hasn't been datamined yet it's either encrypted or not in the game files.

Cinematics are always encrypted.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzak View Post
    If this leak about the fate of HoD is real, how come wowhead had not showecased the datamined IGC yet? Or have not found the model of this new crown of the arbiter?
    They datamined the crown during the WoWhead stream, it's real lmao.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Can you link me the livestream?

No one's saying the crown isn't real, it's the fact that people are saying it's made out of the Helm of Domination.

There's no indication anywhere lmao