Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I am so tired of one line sentences and mystery boxes as the driving force of the narrative.

They are writing the story as if they just got introduced to roleplaying and haven't learned about paragraphs.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Jesus, the cutscene is awkward.
    They really need to start working on expanding on their standard model animations, its baffles me how they haven't done so already with how much they utilize cutscenes.

That the 'floating' animation is still just the characters swimming in mid air is ridiculous.
    There is really no need for that. Current animations easily support proper game engine custom cinematic, they just don't use them when player character is involved.

Also, work in progress.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Jesus, the cutscene is awkward.
    They really need to start working on expanding on their standard model animations, its baffles me how they haven't done so already with how much they utilize cutscenes.

That the 'floating' animation is still just the characters swimming in mid air is ridiculous.
    It's obviously still in a very early stage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Also, work in progress.
    This has been going on for years...

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    We always say that, and in the end ... it's the same

7+ Year Old Account
    This has been going on for years...
    Yes, and it is still a minor issue since they pretty much only use these when player character is involved. Proper dramatic cutscenes that move plot are done properly. Plus, w/e extra animations they will add, they will never be able to remove awkwardness of it, especially in dubbing department.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

In game cinematics are shit and have been shit for years. They only got better in SL when they started using the unique cinematic level quality models/animations in them like the Anduin/Sylvanas one in Korthia and the Maw intro. Also lol, the "work in progress" shit has been there for years and most certainly does not mean they will improve it. Just take a look at the Argus "cinematics".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yes, and it is still a minor issue since they pretty much only use these when player character is involved.
    "Only when they use the PC" translates to "all the time" btw.

Or have you not noticed that they have started implementing more and more cutscenes into the game over the years?
    Blizzard has an interest in conveying parts of the story via cutscenes, that much is clear, so they absolutely should start allocating some of their resources into making them better.

Proper dramatic cutscenes that move plot are done properly.
    I am aware cinematics exist, but i'm not talking about them.
    Idk why you are even bringing them up.

Plus, w/e extra animations they will add, they will never be able to remove awkwardness of it, especially in dubbing department.
    But they can alleviate some of that awkwardness by creating better suited animations, that they can use instead of the awkward ones we have currently.
    Which is the point.

Prime example: Proper floating animations, instead of swimming through the air like a fucking fish.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-11-28 at 05:25 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I really want to know what the PC's face looks like during that cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Funny how the PTR isn’t up yet and we got like fuck all of the ACTUAL INFO

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    What do you mean we got confirmation that Sylvanas will be on trial, that there are several Zereths', Zovaal Raid Boss Room is called Heart of Eternity and is formed geometrically like the Cosmological map with Azeroth in the middle which appears true on both cosmological maps and again tieing back to Heart of Azeroth flavor text, Forge of Afterlives was deactivated what was it working on before it was deactivated, The Oracle Vision from Saezurah related to the 10SaezurahAwakens scene.

Nothing new would be on the PTR other than being able to test for next weeks build unless Blizzard wants to leak more of the narrative.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    ????

We got almost everything.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Literally the only question now is if Zovaal will be beamed or if reset is actually happening with the way they've been so on the nose about it.

Nihil.

Certainly they wouldn't recycle the Kamehameha ending thrice right

Was Green Jesus using Kamehameha on Deathwing and then PC using Kamehameha on N'Zoth not enough?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I am so tired of one line sentences and mystery boxes as the driving force of the narrative.

They are writing the story as if they just got introduced to roleplaying and haven't learned about paragraphs.
    I find it funny to call this a "narrative", lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Certainly they wouldn't recycle the Kamehameha ending thrice right

Was Green Jesus using Kamehameha on Deathwing and then PC using Kamehameha on N'Zoth not enough?
    What about a Genkidama though?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I find it funny to call this a "narrative", lol.

- - - Updated - - -

What about a Genkidama though?
    What about a Makankosappo?

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    What about a Makankosappo?
    Sorry mate, that's another beam.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sorry mate, that's another beam.
    At the end of a fight, a random gnome monk comes in and cuts Zovaal in half with a glowing disk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    At the end of a fight, a random gnome monk comes in and cuts Zovaal in half with a glowing disk.
    I got that reference....I think and I'm imaginning Zovval still trying to fight after wards >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Imagine taking 4 years to make a mobile Diablo 3 reskin, lol.
    i know you Are just trying to troll,, and that is fine
    but it's not a " reskin" or whatever that is supposed to mean....it is a brand new game from the ground up
    just watching Game play would tell any1 that.....well, anybody not looking to just troll all the time
    '
    unless you are trying to Imply development of diablo Immortal is somehow hindering WoW development ?