Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Hot take, Legion had the worst zones in "new wow" time. Even so praised Suramar, while the city was nice it was brought down by how annoying it was to trawerse and how bland the "outside" part was.
    It was not annoying, it was plain normal. You can not expect to freely walk in a straight line, danger free, in a taken over city, can you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I do feel like we'll get an old school dungeons & or Dragon expansion. Don't be disappointed if it's not called "dragon isles." Not sure what about it is left to use ideas from. Dragons all in all aren't that interesting & all the concept art of Dragon Isles has already been reused
    That is complete nonsense and utterly not correct at all.

First of all: we have not "reused" anything dragon related. WoW has always teased with dragons content but we have not even explored 40% of it.
    Also, it is definitely interesting when there is such a huge vocal part of the community who even asked for a dragon playable class for years now.

One thing is you not liking it, another thing is making a while wrong concept out of it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Galakrond returns bigger and badder
    And now, he has human model with red eyes... maybe with some kind of hat.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    And now, he has human model with red eyes... maybe with some kind of hat.
    It will be an amazing model that will for some reason end up being used only once during a filler questline in an unimportant levelling zone until it one day actually becomes a Halloween costume.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be an awesome human form in their previews and presentations. Then in live they change it into a bland bald villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    It would be an awesome human form in their previews and presentations. Then in live they change it into a bland bald villain.
    I mean, the Jailers concept art was hardly any more interesting. Just like in real life: A beard isn't a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, the Jailers concept art was hardly any more interesting. Just like in real life: A beard isn't a personality.
    It's not just the beard. The design had more personality than blue Mr. Clean McScowlyface.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not just the beard. The design had more personality than blue Mr. Clean McScowlyface.
    ???????????

That literally is the only
    difference that's worth talking about.

Sure, he had slightly different armor, but that's so inconsequential. His current design certainly fits better for the role that he is supposed to have. Someone who got banished to the Shadowlands equivalent of Jail. Doesn't help that his old design was literally just Amanthul.

Damn, but sure, the old design had more "personality" and more "soul" because Shadowlands bad.

???????????

Sure, he had slightly different armor, but that's so inconsequential. His current design certainly fits better for the role that he is supposed to have. Someone who got banished to the Shadowlands equivalent of Jail. Doesn't help that his old design was literally just Amanthul.

Damn, but sure, the old design had more "personality" and more "soul" because Shadowlands bad.
    Imagine wanting people to take you seriously whilst thinking Shadowlands is a good expansion, lol.

Comedy.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Updating the world takes too much effort to the point that they even wrote their lore-update books around the Cataclysm status quo so that they don't need to do any visible ingame updates for the next 10 years.
    Which is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Imagine wanting people to take you seriously whilst thinking Shadowlands is a good expansion, lol.

Comedy.
    I am not saying that Shadowlands is a good expansion, because it's not, but shitting on everything Shadowlands related because the expansion is bad is peak-cringe.

People arguing that the Shadowlands zones don't have "soul" and don't feel "wow-like" simply because they are from Shadowlands is hilarious. Blizzard could have put, idek, Grizzle Hills in Shadowlands and everyone would have acted like it's the worst zone imaginable.

Blizzard should stop advertising the game tbh because they are living in everyones head rent-free anyway.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ???????????

Hes old design is so much better.. what ever people say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Why? The Jailer wasn't a wise, old sage. He wasn't a wizard. It's barely intimidating. The design doesn't fit him in the slightest. Not saying the new design is good, don't get me wrong, but it's better than the concept art.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AshrafsChung View Post
    Amazing thread! Thanks for Help!
    Are you designer for next expansion Villain?; make him Yellow, i am sick of these Blue,Red,Green bad guys, as bonus make him sough after GOLD or any kind of rich things, lets say he so greedy and down bad that his master plan to kidnap "Golden Child" sure no one ever though about it.
    Add some kind of golden crown on it.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why? The Jailer wasn't a wise, old sage. He wasn't a wizard. It's barely intimidating. The design doesn't fit him in the slightest. Not saying the new design is good, don't get me wrong, but it's better than the concept art.
    Idk I instantly liked the concept art.. more like a father of sleep kind of look, but a wise look indeed.

It was at that moment when I questioned the jailer evilness or why was he even considered to be evil at all?

Cus the orb was stolen from him etc, so I thought he was just part of some bad coup or missunderstood. When he would get the orb back from the arbiter he would turn into this again.

But we got is a blue guy covered in a slightly better thorghast plate gear, with questionable motives..I mean i still dont know why he wants to do what he is going to do..
    Hes angry he got hes power taken from him and went for some reality reset for what ever reason. Man.. this story..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-12-22 at 02:04 PM.

Idk I instantly liked the concept art.. more like a father of sleep kind of look, but a wise look indeed.

It was at that moment when I questioned the jailer evilness or why was he even considered to be evil at all?

Cus the orb was stolen from him etc, so I thought he was just part of some bad coup or missunderstood. When he would get the orb back from the arbiter he would turn into this again.

But we got is a blue guy covered in a slightly better thorghast plate gear, with questionable motives..I mean i still dont know why he wants to do what he is going to do..
    Hes angry he got hes power taken from him and went for some reality reset for what ever reason. Man.. this story..
    And that's where the issue lies. The character comes first, and then they do a design around it. The fact that you got those feelings from that design means it's a bad design for the character they were going for. He was never meant to be a morally-grey character, or someone who you have to question whether they are evil or not. He is supposed to be unquestionably evil. He's the villain of the expansion. Just like Arthas was designed to look like a pure evil character, or Sargeras was, or Deathwing was.

Don't get me wrong, the design would have been cool for someone like the Runecarver, someone you don't know much about and you don't know what their full story is.

And let's not act like a lack of motives is exclusive to the Jailer. Why did any of the villains of previous expansions do anything other than "world control, I guess" or "we just wanna destroy the world lol"

It has a certain regality to it. Authority. History. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't still get the model (or if we were planned to get the model) in a flashback to his Arbiter days.

Which is bad.
    Well does anyone expect anything good from Blizzard anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Are you designer for next expansion Villain?; make him Yellow, i am sick of these Blue,Red,Green bad guys, as bonus make him sough after GOLD or any kind of rich things, lets say he so greedy and down bad that his master plan to kidnap "Golden Child" sure no one ever though about it.
    Add some kind of golden crown on it.
    Once the Light expansion hits you will be sick of yellow villains.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's where the issue lies. The character comes first, and then they do a design around it. The fact that you got those feelings from that design means it's a bad design for the character they were going for. He was never meant to be a morally-grey character, or someone who you have to question whether they are evil or not. He is supposed to be unquestionably evil. He's the villain of the expansion. Just like Arthas was designed to look like a pure evil character, or Sargeras was, or Deathwing was.

Don't get me wrong, the design would have been cool for someone like the Runecarver, someone you don't know much about and you don't know what their full story is.

And let's not act like a lack of motives is exclusive to the Jailer. Why did any of the villains of previous expansions do anything other than "world control, I guess" or "we just wanna destroy the world lol"
    I don't see the issue, the Jailer isn't meant to look nice or anything like that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't see the issue, the Jailer isn't meant to look nice or anything like that.
    I think his design falls into a trap similar to the one that "The Maw," as a zone, fell into. Yes, the Maw was oppressive, foreboding, and had you longing to rush through and escape as quickly as possible. It was an absolutely, technically fantastic approximation of an Underworld/Hell made manifest in an MMO setting. The problem is... this is a video game. Ostensibly, you want the player to enjoy themselves. Have fun.

While the Jailer absolutely nails that spartan, oppressive, and intimidating design... it's just not a fun design. He doesn't necessarily need to be "nice" to look at, but he should at least be visually interesting. There are so many characters in fiction that people "love to hate" because of their personality and/or visual design. Ostensibly this game exists to entertain. God knows his personality (or lack thereof) isn't going to provide that entertainment, so they might as well entertain with his design. Have fun with it! It needn't be as drab as it is, both before and after transformation.

all of the shadowlands zones are overly cluttered and soulless yes -- this isnt a SL issue, this zone trend started back in Legion (but Legion actually had a few excellent classic zones) and the game is worse off with it.