Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but Kul'tiras and Zandalar were beautiful and varied zones, and really showed off the skill and expertise of the design team. Mechagon was great as well.
    It's clear that BfA's problem were confusing and always changing endgame systems, not content. But WoW community tend to make up issues after they are bored complaining about real problems.

Just like now with SL where drought is only major issue (don't get me wrong, it's SERIOUS problem, impacting game way more than BfA issues) and now suddenly everyone hates theme (where were you during launch or reveal?).

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I say 10.0 will have content in it.

Now that i have showcased my streamer-lvl prophetic abilities, i demand sacrifices.
    I wouldn't be even that shocked if this prediction turned out to be false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Let's hope we get a juicy build today with the jailer mounts, raid items and potential legendary weapons

#hopium
    New disc mount modeled after Jailer's nipples?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Just like now with SL where drought is only major issue (don't get me wrong, it's SERIOUS problem, impacting game way more than BfA issues) and now suddenly everyone hates theme (where were you during launch or reveal?).
    Yes, content drought must have been why I stopped playing mid-December 2020. /s
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yes, content drought must have been why I stopped playing mid-December 2020. /s
    Yes, because it's all about you personally. It's not like game broke PC sales record and ~2x more people were playing season 1 than season 2.

Btw, part of content drought problem is that no patch was announced mid-December month after release, unlike Legion or even BfA. Having always something to wait for is as much important as regular patches.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-01-05 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yes, because it's all about you personally. It's not like game broke PC sales record and ~2x more people were playing season 1 than season 2.
    No, apparently it's about your personally. Your take must be universal, mine must only be personal.

That the expansion sold a lot before people really experienced it doesn't mean it didn't suck right from the start.

Lots of people were playing PvP season 1 because of the retarded gearing system that drove PvE players to PvP to get weapons.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It's not like those 24-hour sales mean nothing for MMORPGs anyway. New World sold roughly 850.000 copies within 24 hours and already lost 90% of those players after 3 months. While the record itself is great, it doesn't tell anything about the longevity of Shadowlands at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but Kul'tiras and Zandalar were beautiful and varied zones, and really showed off the skill and expertise of the design team. Mechagon was great as well.
    Zone designers, music team, and even the quest teams have always done a great job. That doesn't make a great expansion. Example: WoD had some of the best questing experience up to that point (in my opinion), and was absolutely gorgeous, stepping things up above and beyond MoP in terms of graphical appeal. People still agree it wasn't great, however, due to the extreme focus on Garrisons and lack of other content (among other issues).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This seems likely to happen, provided that the conflict remains centred around Azeroth (as per Ion's words).

Though the Dark Portal has been destroyed, the Naaru are masters of Dimensional travel and so it is not too far-fetched that the Lightbound, led by the Naaru, would find a way into Azeroth. In their quest to cleanse the Cosmos and hunt down the surviving Mag'har.

At the same time, it is stated by Alleria Windrunner that the whispers that the Ren'dorei hear have worsened since N'Zoth's death, instead of improving. "New voices have joined the chorus". What this means, I do not know, but it does hint at something sinister taking place behind the scenes.

If an Old God was just destroyed, why are "new voices joining the chorus"? Who are those "new voices" and why are the whispers worsening, when an Old God was just destroyed (seemingly and as far as we can tell)?

Blizzard can take the lore pretty much in any direction they want. And since both Light and Void are well-established forces that everyone knows about (partly thanks to the Chronicles, which truly fleshed-out the Void...), they can't fail unless they actively try to.
    Perhaps Old Gods are a sort of binding agent for the Void, influencing, ordering, and organizing it to work to their own personal plan? Or they themselves are made up of many smaller entities coalesced into one, and when killed, they split back into their many smaller parts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Zone designers, music team, and even the quest teams have always done a great job. That doesn't make a great expansion. Example: WoD had some of the best questing experience up to that point (in my opinion), and was absolutely gorgeous, stepping things up above and beyond MoP in terms of graphical appeal. People still agree it wasn't great, however, due to the extreme focus on Garrisons and lack of other content (among other issues).
    Well keep in mind, I never said it was great, I simply said it was solid.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Product sales and success of product does not equate a good experience for the consumer. When will this go into peoples' heads?
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Well keep in mind, I never said it was great, I simply said it was solid.
    Solid, decent, playable... probably. I think, despite all my own criticisms, BfA was at least "okay", or close to it. Not great, not stellar, not especially impressive, and certainly not good with lore, but by 8.2 at least? Maybe. I never played in 8.3 though, so I can't speak for Visions or anything.

Unfortunately "okay" just isn't enough for me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid, decent, playable... probably. I think, despite all my own criticisms, BfA was at least "okay", or close to it. Not great, not stellar, not especially impressive, and certainly not good with lore, but by 8.2 at least? Maybe. I never played in 8.3 though, so I can't speak for Visions or anything.

Games aren't just "Either X or Y" Its way more complicated then that.

I.E. Gameplay is not nearly as terrible as people are putting it. Azerite armor and HoA aside).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-01-05 at 05:35 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    So, by the end of the month the raid testing may be considered done, correct? And the rest of the features may as well take 2 weeks at most to be implemented properly.

It really seems that 9.2 is heading towards early-mid February.
    Ofc. Lost Ark, Swtor xpac, end of dragons - all in February. It means Blizzard need to hit as well at the same time so the bleeding is tolerable.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

By the way: Happy New Year @ all.

Any interesting developments in the last 2 weeks?
    No, Raid Testing is ending next week. Blizzard was cheeky saying that Eternity's End doesn't have a release date indicating that it is coming soon and the Council is dead as Retail Devs are too afraid to post responses.
    +
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...details/334518

Cutoff 18th of January. Raid Testing ending next week if they test more additional Raid Finders if not it ends in the last week of January. February 8th/15th seems likely as Eternity's End Release Date.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-01-05 at 05:40 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Blizzard needs to have severe case of sniffing their own farts if they think they can release their patch in 9.2 and compete with the games in that month, and im not even talking mmos

So probally whats gonna happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Product sales and success of product does not equate a good experience for the consumer. When will this go into peoples' heads?
    I had a good experience with a product. I think people feel that if they hate something, it must be the same for everyone else. That isn't always the case. I did not hate my experience with BFA. As I said before, questing in Kul'tiras and Zandalar were good experiences for me as a player, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Like I said, everyone has their own opinions. One size doesn't fit all.

- - - Updated - - -

I found the new continents and environments very impressive. Also the quests were very well done. The overall story of BFA was just okay, and there were some serious letdowns as the expansion progressed. However, I feel that people are being overly dramatic acting like playing through BFA was some sort of torturous experience.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I wouldn't be even that shocked if this prediction turned out to be false.

- - - Updated - - -

New disc mount modeled after Jailer's nipples?
    I actually hope for a soul eater rather than another disc mount. Also I have no clue what you have against nipples, lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I had a good experience with a product. I think people feel that if they hate something, it must be the same for everyone else. That isn't always the case. I did not hate my experience with BFA. As I said before, questing in Kul'tiras and Zandalar were good experiences for me as a player, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Like I said, everyone has their own opinions. One size doesn't fit all.

- - - Updated - - -

I found the new continents and environments very impressive. Also the quests were very well done. The overall story of BFA was just okay, and there were some serious letdowns as the expansion progressed. However, I feel that people are being overly dramatic acting like playing through BFA was some sort of torturous experience.
    You're talking like the expansion is all about the questing experience and story. But guess what, that's just a tiny part of it. What about the systems, azerite armor being complete dogshit balance wise , method of aquisition etc. What about warfronts being just pointless and impossible to lose? What about island expeditions being just spammable farming spots for azerite? Incredibly unbalanced corruptions? Corruption vendor with weekly rotations(lmao) ?

Add that all together and the expansion was below mediocre, but hey for you it was a good expansion because you liked 3 quests

I mean, most people say SL is dumpster-tier solely because of the story (note: not the zone stories! just the main one) and the "feel", so objective expansion rating is out the window now.

I dont understand why you guys arguing about if BfA was good or "solid" or whatver
    The only people whose opinions matter, blizzard, obviously fucking not agree with you because Shadowlands is nothing like BFA. So internally they either thought it was shit, it was received badly, or both.
    Like no matter how you spin it its just wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Lmaop View Post
    I dont understand why you guys arguing about if BfA was good or "solid" or whatver
    The only people whose opinions matter, blizzard, obviously fucking not agree with you because Shadowlands is nothing like BFA. So internally they either thought it was shit, it was received badly, or both.
    Like no matter how you spin it its just wrong
    Yeah, it should be noted the biggest problem for people in Shadowlands is the story/cosmic feel and lack of Azeroth, NOT anything mechanical.