5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This model is named "prototype", so can very well be same case like with Prototype Pantheon.
    But why would the First Ones put runes on a prototype?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

This model is named "prototype", so can very well be same case like with Prototype Pantheon.
    Maybe Zovaal was programmed to betray the pantheon, to question existence and reboot the program for the next iteration

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    But why would the First Ones put runes on a prototype?
    I don't know. To test something? This is a minor detail.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by hattahat View Post
    HoF title for Zovaal encounter is Famed Bane of Zovaal the Jailer. Not Slayer. So... maybe Zovaal won't die in 9.2 raid like Sylvanas.
    Perhaps, but unlikely imo unless there's some secret reason why we can't destroy him.

Also as other's pointed out, both the LK and Nefarian (Cata) give out "Bane of" titles and they both bit the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by hattahat View Post
    HoF title for Zovaal encounter is Famed Bane of Zovaal the Jailer. Not Slayer. So... maybe Zovaal won't die in 9.2 raid like Sylvanas.
    As I said a page or so back, one of the earliest bits of dialogue datamined was post-raid Primus and Bolvar talking about him and how he was destroyed.

The Jailer, he who tormented so many, who long ago set in motion the plague of undeath on our world, has finally been destroyed.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2022-01-07 at 06:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It makes absolutely no sense for it to be another unused prototype when it has the chest-hole and domination runes.

Formerly known as Arafal

The file name sounds like a mislead. The robot pose even matches Zovaal being on his knees in his “death animation”.

Though they spoiled that he dies with a VA line so not sure why they would hide it. Probably just everyone rushing to get the expansion done with so they can move on.

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to check the raid videos, does the raid at least look fun?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The file name sounds like a mislead. The robot pose even matches Zovaal being on his knees in his “death animation”.
    No it doesn't? He lands on one knee and then flops backwards.

Unless there's been some other death animation I'm not aware of.

I don't know. To test something? This is a minor detail.
    It's not, since it wasn't the First Ones but the Primus that put them on Zovaal. They shouldn't be present on a previous iteration.

Perhaps the prototypes all went through a similar situation?

There was something about the First Ones predicting the Maw Walker and what the Jailer was going to do, right? Perhaps it came about in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    As I said a page or so back, one of the earliest bits of dialogue datamined was post-raid Primus and Bolvar talking about him and how he was destroyed.

We literally have no idea what the context of that line is.

It could easily be us doing something in the campaign. We build a gizmo, thinking we kill the Jailer with it, we use it against him, the Primus says that line and then the Jailer emerges, talking shit how stupid we were to waste our team on that, just to fly to the raid.

Even then, the death is gonna happen in the post-raid cutscene anyway, so that argument along with the "death animation" is entirely irrelevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Primus created domination magic, he was the one that etched the runes onto the Jailer, and the hole was the result of the eternal ones ripping out his sigil.

So, unless the First Ones were flip flopping through time and copy pasted their underlings magic homework from the future onto a prototype in the past just to fuck with us, its pretty much the Jailers corpse.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    We literally have no idea what the context of that line is.

It could easily be us doing something in the campaign. We build a gizmo, thinking we kill the Jailer with it, we use it against him, the Primus says that line and then the Jailer emerges, talking shit how stupid we were to waste our team on that, just to fly to the raid.

Even then, the death is gonna happen in the post-raid cutscene anyway, so that argument along with the "death animation" is entirely irrelevant.
    You're not wrong about context but I mean sometimes things are pretty clear cut. This is Blizzard we're talking about here.

Though they spoiled that he dies with a VA line so not sure why they would hide it. Probably just everyone rushing to get the expansion done with so they can move on.

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to check the raid videos, does the raid at least look fun?
    As of two PTR builds ago models no longer have official filenames, anything you see is made up/a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    As of two PTR builds ago models no longer have official filenames, anything you see is made up/a guess.
    Oh then it’s definitely his corpse, thanks for the heads up. Think no filenames is the new way they will go?

Also are the new Kleia and Pelagos models at all structured like an Allied Race texture wise? Or are they too detailed?

Why do people think it is his corpse when we literally fight the exact same type of beings in the Protoype Pantheon fight?

Once again, his death animation is irrelevant because it will not actually show up in the game, ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think it is his corpse
    As i said before, it has to be his corpse because it makes no sense for an unused prototype to be covered in domination runes and have its chest be blown out.
    Domination was created by the Primus, he was the one that put those runes on him, the hole only exists because the eternal ones ripped out his sigil.

Formerly known as Arafal

Oh then it’s definitely his corpse, thanks for the heads up. Think no filenames is the new way they will go?

Also are the new Kleia and Pelagos models at all structured like an Allied Race texture wise? Or are they too detailed?
    No filenames is sadly the way they've been going for now, model filenames are just the latest victim.

The Kleia/Pelagos models are in-game cutscene models, pretty sure. Haven't seen any obvious signs of them being character model-like, but I haven't looked very deeply at them yet, though.

Why do people think it is his corpse when we literally fight the exact same type of beings in the Protoype Pantheon fight?

Once again, his death animation is irrelevant because it will not actually show up in the game, ever.
    They are all robots with a ghost body. We literally see Pelagos fuse with the Arbiter body to become Arbiter Pelagos.

Take away the ghost and you get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    As i said before, it has to be his corpse because it makes no sense for an unused prototype to be covered in domination runes and have its chest be blown out.
    Domination was created by the Primus, he was the one that put those runes on him, the hole only exists because the eternal ones ripped out his sigil.
    lol I think it's way more likely that Blizzard forgot that the Primus made the runes.

Also, the bot literally has a sigil inside of him (it's not entirely empty anyway).