10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, and Russia will be economically tied to them... instead of US. You have no clue how leverage works... What would you do to keep the jobs you created building bombs, if SA tells you to stop? What happens?

Yet, you know the corporations impacted... that is actually consistent, since the benefit to corporation is so great, relative to workers... that the actual numbers of workers is irrelevant. It’s not like building solar panels and infrastructure in America, will ever be considered America first. Ne... just weapons... so we are beholden to the buyers...

- - - Updated - - -

Why would that be? If you make that argument... I am arguing that American weapons are so superior to everyone else’s, that there is no way Russian weapons can kill as many children for even close to half the cost. You just need to buy so many bombs per child killed, it’s not cost effective.

Edit: You virtue signaling jobs lost, I virtue signaling the children killed. Let’s see how this goes...
    Russia has less at stake in a relationship than the US.

I don't know the number of people because it is not exactly easy to determine who all would be effected. Without SA buying F-15s over the years, 1000 assemblers of the plane would have been lost.

Russian weapons are cheaper and almost as good as US weapons (in some cases better), so they would be getting more for their money...

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    As a side note, i hope that redditt closes r/wallstreetbets. It is a cesspool...

- - - Updated - - -
    It isn't great but it paints a bad standard I think to say a bunch of people can't get together and plan to buy a stock. Only large companies can. It's so weird... like having hedge funds that manipulated the dollar.. get hit with fines less than their profits that'll teach them!

And all sorts of stock manipulation is perfectly a-okay when you're an AM or HF

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It isn't great but it paints a bad standard I think to say a bunch of people can't get together and plan to buy a stock. Only large companies can. It's so weird... like having hedge funds that manipulated the dollar.. get hit with fines less than their profits that'll teach them!

And all sorts of stock manipulation is perfectly a-okay when you're an AM or HF
    Yeah, but if it's anything like their Discord channel that got shutdown, it's also full of racist, offensive assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yeah, but if it's anything like their Discord channel that got shutdown, it's also full of racist, offensive assholes.
    Well that’s a legitimate reason if it’s a cesspool of racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    In the end, all it would do is cost American jobs without preventing them from getting weapons from someone else.
    What the fuck is wrong with you, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well that’s a legitimate reason if it’s a cesspool of racism.
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/27/2...eetbets-server

"The server has been on our Trust & Safety team’s radar for some time due to occasional content that violates our Community Guidelines, including hate speech, glorifying violence, and spreading misinformation. Over the past few months, we have issued multiple warnings to the server admin.

Today, we decided to remove the server and its owner from Discord for continuing to allow hateful and discriminatory content after repeated warnings.

To be clear, we did not ban this server due to financial fraud related to GameStop or other stocks. Discord welcomes a broad variety of personal finance discussions, from investment clubs and day traders to college students and professional financial advisors. We are monitoring this situation and in the event there are allegations of illegal activities, we will cooperate with authorities as appropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/27/2...eetbets-server

"The server has been on our Trust & Safety team’s radar for some time due to occasional content that violates our Community Guidelines, including hate speech, glorifying violence, and spreading misinformation. Over the past few months, we have issued multiple warnings to the server admin.

Today, we decided to remove the server and its owner from Discord for continuing to allow hateful and discriminatory content after repeated warnings.

To be clear, we did not ban this server due to financial fraud related to GameStop or other stocks. Discord welcomes a broad variety of personal finance discussions, from investment clubs and day traders to college students and professional financial advisors. We are monitoring this situation and in the event there are allegations of illegal activities, we will cooperate with authorities as appropriate."
    I think we all know why it was shut down and it wasn't because of racist or hatred shit until this stock stuff came out.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand fully how it works, having both studied it and been part of it.
    No, I have not read the remaining reply, but I know for a fact that nothing you say will actually be specific about job loss. You only learned about the corporations impacted, not about the people. If you paid for said education and actually passed, you wasted your money... just watch Boeing commercials and you’d be set for free. Maybe revive Halliburton to be discussed and tell us how many jobs rebuilding Iraq made us... how about the jobs that rebuilding Afghanistan made us...

The concern is keeping skilled workers employed and irreplaceable manufacturing capability intact.
    Which isn’t true, because you have not actually said anything about the workers. You are using workers, like people use “think of the children”, with the added caveat that those bombs were used to bomb a school full of children.

It’s so absurd how much you don’t give a shit about workers, is that it takes a bit more effort to google what the fuck you are talking about, than to claim you are educated in it. Based on this and believing that you are educated, what reason do I have to think that you are not just defending something, you know is wrong? Something so wrong, that you either googled to know you are wrong or are refusing to google, because you are wrong.

My concern is not profits.
    Then why do you list corporations, when arguing job loss? You are not actually saying anything specific, outside listing the corporation that would lose profits. If you are not arguing profits lost by corporations, resulting in ambiguous job loss, what are you arguing? Hy even bring up the corporations, instead of the job sectors impacted? You went to school for this... my requests should be easy to meet... I also think you would lose points on a test about jobs, where you spend it talking about corporations, without even mentioning a job sector.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia has less at stake in a relationship than the US.
    Is that why they are building nuclear facilities for Iran and have done quite a bit geopolitically, to maintain their sales? Russia needs every penny it can get... they would undercut every single deal US makes and sell their sole to the highest bidder, for the chance to sell arms all over the world. All those jobs lost by refusing the peace treaty with Iran... Russia thanks you... lol

If Russian economy could speak... It’s answer to... ‘what would you do to have an arms buyer like SA?’... the answer would be a loud... “anything!!!”...

I don't know the number of people because it is not exactly easy to determine who all would be effected. Without SA buying F-15s over the years, 1000 assemblers of the plane would have been lost.
    You went to school for it... but, can’t identify the job sector involved, so you don’t have to rely on corporations? Did you go to Trump university or some shit? Because my independent study class in HS, seems to have been more effective. I got a 98, before Wikipedia and all the web shit at our disposal... /flex

Russian weapons are cheaper and almost as good as US weapons (in some cases better), so they would be getting more for their money...
    Go ahead... list Russian capabilities and their latest cruise missiles, as they compare to ours. Let’s see if this is another “jobs” or if you have more than corporate talking points.

There are three posters on this forum, that have done this in previous arguments. If you can find theirs, instead of the link readily available info online... you get extra points. As a hint... one of them is perma banned.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We already have private roads, they seem to work just fine.

One need not have an infinite number of ways to get somewhere. I simply want government out of it as much as possible. Alas, that is probably a bit off-topic.
    This is only OK if it were freeways or those types of roads(which already happen to an extent). Residential roads that you only have one option, not so much. That would mean I could buy the road in front of your home and charge you $500 every time you enter AND exit it.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    This is only OK if it were freeways or those types of roads(which already happen to an extent). Residential roads that you only have one option, not so much. That would mean I could buy the road in front of your home and charge you $500 every time you enter AND exit it.
    Ironically before the interstate road system it kinda was like this. A lot of unconnected/semi connected private roads or local municipality roads that pretty much dead ended shortly after they got outside their local town/properties. The US military did a test to see how viable a cross country trip was and it turned into a pretty epic expedition that finally did get to the west coast but it took a long time and had a LOT of challenges on the way. I think people forget a lot of our road system is funded by the federal govt for defense reasons. They want the ability to move troops from one side to the other quickly and easily if needed. Also there are rules on having certain amount of straight line runs in interstate highways to work as temporary airfields if needed.

You should.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Ironically before the interstate road system it kinda was like this. A lot of unconnected/semi connected private roads or local municipality roads that pretty much dead ended shortly after they got outside their local town/properties. The US military did a test to see how viable a cross country trip was and it turned into a pretty epic expedition that finally did get to the west coast but it took a long time and had a LOT of challenges on the way. I think people forget a lot of our road system is funded by the federal govt for defense reasons. They want the ability to move troops from one side to the other quickly and easily if needed. Also there are rules on having certain amount of straight line runs in interstate highways to work as temporary airfields if needed.
    Yeah, one of the few things that the federal government can do well is coordinate an extremely large project over a vast space, well, used to be able to do that. Not so sure anymore with how things tend to be.

I worked with a guy who stated the same thing. "All roads should be privatized." Then I asked him about the road in front of his house. He stated "Sure, why not?" Then I gave him that same example. Never said that ever again. Wonder why.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'd agree with you on this regardless of who's policy it is.
    Cool. And yeah, while I am sure the Saudi's can get someone to arm them, probably the Israeli's since they are best friends now; I don't want any part in their actions. The War Industry, much like Health Insurance ghouls can burn in hell for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Yeah, one of the few things that the federal government can do well is coordinate an extremely large project over a vast space, well, used to be able to do that. Not so sure anymore with how things tend to be.

I worked with a guy who stated the same thing. "All roads should be privatized." Then I asked him about the road in front of his house. He stated "Sure, why not?" Then I gave him that same example. Never said that ever again. Wonder why.
    I'm not sure the the US government currently has the capability to successfully implement large scale projects. The vaccine is one example where everyone seems surprised about issues that seem like they should be expected obstacles.

The good news is that they are learning fast. They still do a bad job of describing their work to the public. Every problem seems to be described with an underlying theme of "Why are you so incompetent that you are having THIS issue??? WHO MADE THE MISTAKE?"

At least the government is continually moving forward with the project, learning as they go, and vaccine production and distribution seems to be accelerating in a proper manner. And there are no more Trump rallies or weekend high school football games to accelerate the spread of the virus. So this should ultimately lead to success.

Hopefully the people working on this project will turn these efforts into institutional knowledge for future projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I'm not sure the the US government currently has the capability to successfully implement large scale projects. The vaccine is one example where everyone seems surprised about issues that seem like they should be expected obstacles.

The good news is that they are learning fast. They still do a bad job of describing their work to the public. Every problem seems to be described with an underlying theme of "Why are you so incompetent that you are having THIS issue??? WHO MADE THE MISTAKE?"

At least the government is continually moving forward with the project, learning as they go, and vaccine production and distribution seems to be accelerating in a proper manner. And there are no more Trump rallies or weekend high school football games to accelerate the spread of the virus.

Hopefully the people working on this project will turn these efforts into institutional knowledge for future projects.
    Yeah, I stated it as much. I would say until Bush Jr came along, the federal government was able to coordinate extremely large projects. The internet(DARPAnet), interstate highway system and others.

Private roads? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Private roads? Where?
    Gated communities, military bases and the like.

Gated communities, military bases and the like.
    I don't see that as relevant. Especially military bases which are paid fir by taxes.
    If people want to live their silly libertarian ideal then they should do just that and only drive on private roads. After spending hundreds if dollars on private tolls just to drive to work daily should be a revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I don't see that as relevant. Especially military bases which are paid fir by taxes.
    If people want to live their silly libertarian ideal then they should do just that and only drive on private roads. After spending hundreds if dollars on private tolls just to drive to work daily should be a revelation.
    Last I heard, there was a city in New Hampshire that is a libertarian dream. Gotta watch out for the bears though.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazi...idnt-end-well/

Last I heard, there was a city in New Hampshire that is a libertarian dream. Gotta watch out for the bears though. https://washingtonmonthly.com/magazi...idnt-end-well/
    I had an acquaintance of mine that lived in NH and had nothing but complaints about the idiocy of "sovereign citizens."