Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    The issue isn't that they knew it was against the rules....the issue is that it is still against the rules in the first place. AT WORST, it should be a don't ask, don't tell scenario.
    I agree, it shouldn't be against the rules. You're talking to someonewho would legalize drugs.

Yes, all of them.

But, as of now, having a security clearance means you cannot smoke pot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I agree, it shouldn't be against the rules. You're talking to someonewho would legalize drugs.

Yes, all of them.

It's projection from the BErnie Bros. If Bernie had Won, he would be unable to field a staff. Due to the tweets being much meaner, and drug use.

Slacktavists cannot comprehend how working adults and PMCs manage to navigate those pitfalls in life.

We're scraping the bottom of the barrel for "reasons to dunk on Biden" at the moment.

I mean Coumo is fucking awful... Im shocked none of our Democrat Haters have started a "Dunk on Dems" thread featuring him. But, that would be work.

Yes, all of them.

Like I said, no one is arguing that it is not against the rules, so for you to come in making your counter argument that it is against the rules....is missing the point and unnecessary.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

From what it looks like, they were willing to overlook PAST usage, not current usage.
    I suggest you look again. The whole point is that they relegated people with past usage to remote work.

If they are working in the White House, then I expect many would be taking polygraphs in addition to the standard background checks. They did it at their own risk, so blaming others seems really fucking pathetic.
    So not only are you under the impression that no one in the WH smokes weed, but that they take polygraph tests to weed them out? lol. Also, what appears pathetic to you exactly?

Would you prefer they simply have double standards like Trump did with his kids?
    I didn't know they smoked weed, but I'm sure plenty of trump WH aides did, just like Obama and Bush ppl before them.

I am actually shocked our anarchist is defending a clear act of authoritarianism, here.

Identity crisis?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Congress just needs to decriminalize it and leave it up to the states to regulate.
    They should, but I doubt that they would allow federal workers to use even at that point, especially workers that are required to hold a clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Like I said, no one is arguing that it is not against the rules, so for you to come in making your counter argument that it is against the rules....is missing the point and unnecessary.
    People are whining that those guys were somehow betrayed, but that's just not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I suggest you look again. The whole point is that they relegated people with past usage to remote work.

So not only are you under the impression that no one in the WH smokes weed, but that they take polygraph tests to weed them out? lol. Also, what appears pathetic to you exactly?

I didn't know they smoked weed, but I'm sure plenty of trump WH aides did, just like Obama and Bush ppl before them.
    You mean I should look again at the thing you refused to provide?

Once again, it's a matter of policy for the United States Government, to not give clearances to people who smoke pot. This hasn't changed, according to the clearance document I just looked up online, that was mentioned in the article I read. So, there's no excuse for them. If they lied, that's on them, and they committed a felony, just like Michael Flynn and Dipshit Kushner did.

As for Kushner and Ivanka, they were clearance risks for other reasons, but Trump just had it pushed through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I am actually shocked our anarchist is defending a clear act of authoritarianism, here.

Identity crisis?
    You keep lying about me being an anarchist.

I have said I would literally legalize all drugs, so you cannot seem to stop being wrong. But, this isn't about me supporting that particular restriction, merely pointing out that it does exist, and has existed since... as far back as I can find.

You really should stop lying about me.

- - - Updated - - -

They let them drink...
    According to the forms they need to fill out, there's plenty of questions about alcohol usage, as well.

And yes, it should be legalized.

7+ Year Old Account
    They let them drink...
    To a certain extent yes, but let's not pretend that we don't have 80 years of stigma surrounding "reefer madness".

I've seen guys get excused for alcohol related offenses when they clearly should have lost clearances and been kicked out of the navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    My question:

Do you think he is talking about actual anti war people or "anti-war" trump supporters?
    I'm not sure hence my question since the poster has other posts attacking the left for this and Felya expressed that opinion by saying:

the ‘at least Trump didn’t start any wars’ that permeates a large part of the left
    Hence my question... just who is being talked bout?

if it involves security clearances, that's your answer. You don't get to smoke pot, and have a security clearance. And yes, I can assure you that just about everyone in the WH has a security clearance (I would assume they all do).
    "You smoked weed in the past, and lived in a state where it was legal"

Huh?

What about drinking bourbon? Or does being drunk not impair a person?

Getting demoted, or restricted, after having been hired certainly feels like a betrayal. Especially if people were open before said hiring. It’s just a shitty policy rooted in ignorance.
    It's not, because anyone in those positions would know that they cannot smoke pot, and have a clearance. it is a shitty policy, but it's not a hidden one.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It's projection from the BErnie Bros. If Bernie had Won, he would be unable to field a staff. Due to the tweets being much meaner, and drug use.

Slacktavists cannot comprehend how working adults and PMCs manage to navigate those pitfalls in life.

We're scraping the bottom of the barrel for "reasons to dunk on Biden" at the moment.

I mean Coumo is fucking awful... Im shocked none of our Democrat Haters have started a "Dunk on Dems" thread featuring him. But, that would be work.
    And here we see why I question just to who this poster directs his comments.

Bernie bros? according to you anyone who ever supported bernie was a bernie bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "You smoked weed in the past, and lived in a state where it was legal"

Huh?

What about drinking bourbon? Or does being drunk not impair a person?
    Yes, it does... you can also look up the clearance forms they have to fill out. It talks about alcohol usage.

Whether we like it, or not... it's still the law at the federal level. By all means, legalize the shit out of it. It's a stupid policy, but people would be fools to not know it exists.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really in favor of federal employees violating federal law. We just had four years of that.

It's not, because anyone in those positions would know that they cannot smoke pot, and have a clearance. it is a shitty policy, but it's not a hidden one.
    "past use" ... doing something like this goes against the direction the administration is/should be taking on marijuana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Not really in favor of federal employees violating federal law. We just had four years of that.
    What "federal laws" are we on about here exactly?

Kamala smoked weed, impeach her?

The fuck you mean "I'm not in favour" the fuck is that supposed to mean?

As if the existence of a law makes it good by virtue of its own existence.

"past use" ... doing something like this goes against the direction the administration is/should be taking on marijuana.

- - - Updated - - -

But, it has not done it, yet.

But, it has not done it, yet.
    Yet they can choose whether or not to enforce it right?

For instance... they stepped in and blocked Betsey Devos from having to go to a deposition calling it ridiculous for a previous cabinet member to be expected to do such thing. As if she's above us part of some fucking aristocracy group.

They can step in protect and deflect in the name of "norms" They could step in here as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The fuck you mean "I'm not in favour" the fuck is that supposed to mean?

As if the existence of a law makes it good by virtue of its own existence.
    Poor Kim Davis, she really should have been able to do as she chose. Her intentions were for God after all! What could be more good?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You're...kidding right?
    You wanna point to something or just saying "oh my gosh you're kidding right"

The poster has a history of attacking leftists as well as trump supporters and lumping them into one group. Hell Felya right after claimed there's some big sentiment permiating through the left that ignores trump leaving peace treaties and the iran issues...

Are you brand new?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Poor Kim Davis, she really should have been able to do as she chose. Her intentions were for God after all! What could be more good?
    Separation of church and state and are you equating civil rights of gays to smoking marijuana?

Do you foolishly think all laws are equal because they're laws? What a fucking bogus argument.