Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Where? I wasn't even criticizing Democrats I was just saying I want a real boom in the private sector and not a fake boom that must be paid back by the private sector.
    "Real boom" and "fake boom" sound like painfully arbitrary personal definitions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where? I wasn't even criticizing Democrats I was just saying I want a real boom in the private sector and not a fake boom that must be paid back by the private sector.
    Wtf is with the semantics today... would you prefer an economic burst?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Real boom" and "fake boom" sound like painfully arbitrary personal definitions.
    How about the psyschic foreknowledge he claimed, to know the boom would only be "short-term"?

That's just a short term boom that relates to government spending from 2021 to 2023. I want a real boom that isn't based on increasing our debt which has to be paid back later.
    To have such strong convictions about the national debt, surely you can explain to us who it is owe to, how it’s paid back and at what interest rate and also how it is actually adversely affecting the economy.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just a short term boom that relates to government spending from 2021 to 2023. I want a real boom that isn't based on increasing our debt which has to be paid back later.
    Start taxing the rich then?

The current economic boom is what happens when you distribute money to those that need it and not to the top 1%.

Welcome to liberal economic policies circa pre-Reaganomics. We've been telling you this shit for decades now.
    Last edited by Belize; 2021-04-10 at 12:12 PM.

So when will the USA stop starving Yemen?

Still waiting for Biden/Harris to do something significant.

So far we've seen Biden trip up the same set of stairs twice and get confused when he talks.

And Harris go completely quiet about the BLM movement, almost as if it was just a political card to play to get them elected.

The pair of them probably win "least impactful nominees in the first few months" award.

Except for Biden promising to continue building Trump's wall, they've done literally nothing.

PS - do you all Biden supporters now support the wall being built now that Biden has promised to continue with it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Start taxing the rich then?

The current economic boom is what happens when you distribute money to those that need it and not to the top 1%.

Welcome to liberal economic policies circa pre-Reaganomics. We've been telling you this shit for decades now.
    Unfortunately, it's proven time and time again that taxing the rich leaves holes in your economy when they decide to leave.

Harsh reality. But factual nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingitwongit View Post
    Still waiting for Biden/Harris to do something significant.
    Guess we're ignoring the vaccine rollout sooner than normal.

Unfortunately, it's proven time and time again that taxing the rich leaves holes in your economy when they decide to leave.

That's why there were no businesses in America when corporate taxes were higher and when it got lower more came over here.....oh wait, no they didn't.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Guess we're ignoring the vaccine rollout sooner than normal.

That's why there were no businesses in America when corporate taxes were higher and when it got lower more came over here.....oh wait, no they didn't.
    It's dishonest at best to not give Trump full credit for USA's current vaccine status since he drove the whole situation.

And yes, Elon Musk left California due to tax hikes. So did lots of others.

The only point you make is the economy didn't collapse, which doesn't disagree with my point in the slightest.

That's bold using words like proven and factual. Care to source such claim?
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Trump and republicans actively made it worse than it needed to be. They then did as piss poor job as possible regarding vaccines. The only reason we are now getting the job done at a good rate is because Biden won.

The guy who said it would just go away and suggested people drink disinfectants gets no credit. He gets the opposite which is blame.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    The guy who said it would just go away and suggested people drink disinfectants gets no credit. He gets the opposite which is blame.
    Isn't the Pfizer vax credited to two ethnic Turks living in Germany? Sounds about as far from Trump as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    That's bold using words like proven and factual. Care to source such claim?
    Elon Musk.

Can't be bothered to cite more for such a simple concept as "force people to pay more tax and they inevitably search for cheaper places".

Elon Musk.

Can't be bothered to cite more for such a simple concept as "force people to pay more tax and they inevitably search for cheaper places".
    You do know that factuality does not come from a singular observation, right? Texas also isn't the state where he would pay the lowest taxes, in his situation it is mostly in the middle of all 50 states in taxation.

Oh and nice logic there, because you can say something that sounds logical, it is thereby fact. I am sure that'll be convincing to anyone seeing that.

Let me try it, people that argue that rich people move when they are taxed, but won't source it or can't make a better argument then it is just a simple concept, are unwilling to do so, because they can't find anything that agrees with it, so they have to fall back on it being common knowledge. People who resort to the fallacy of argumentum ad populum, are low intelligence people, whose arguments shouldn't be taken serious.
    Man this is fun!
    Last edited by Howel; 2021-04-10 at 04:42 PM.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Elon Musk.

Musk wants to move because he wants to live like a feudal lord down to the fact he's a libertarian shit stain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That’s why Biden is pushing for a minimum global tax. Make it impossible for these assholes to get away with not paying their fair share if they want to be part of society.
    Yes, yes.

That's the next stage in the "doesn't work process".

Why you think the EU was so worried about Britain leaving?

Because Britain can undercut corporate tax, attracting all big business away from EU and into Britain.

The only way to enforce this is to have the same tax rates EVERYWHERE.

Never has worked, never will.

All it takes is a single faction to say "no, we will set our own rates thanks" and the whole flakey system crumbles.

Biden is a tool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    You do know that factuality does not come from a singular observation, right? Texas also isn't the state where he would pay the lowest taxes, in his situation it is mostly in the middle of all 50 states in taxation.

Oh and nice logic there, because you can say something that sounds logical, it is thereby fact. I am sure that'll be convincing to anyone seeing that.

Let me try it, people that argue that rich people move when they are taxed, but won't source it or can't make a better argument then it is just a simple concept, are unwilling to do so, because they can't find anything that agrees with it, so they have to fall back on it being common knowledge. People who resort to the fallacy of argumentum ad populum, are low intelligence people, whose arguments shouldn't be taken serious.
    Man this is fun!
    All I'm reading from you is "something, something, blah, blah".

People want to lower their costs. Be it rent, business tax, mortgage, car payments, whatever".

Fact.

Arguing otherwise is an exercise of idiocy.

Yes, yes.

That's the next stage in the "doesn't work process".

Why you think the EU was so worried about Britain leaving?

Because Britain can undercut corporate tax, attracting all big business away from EU and into Britain.

The only way to enforce this is to have the same tax rates EVERYWHERE.

Never has worked, never will.

All it takes is a single faction to say "no, we will set our own rates thanks" and the whole flakey system crumbles.

Biden is a tool.

- - - Updated - - -

All I'm reading from you is "something, something, blah, blah".

People want to lower their costs. Be it rent, business tax, mortgage, car payments, whatever".

Fact.

Arguing otherwise is an exercise of idiocy.
    You must have been outraged when Trump increased spending and raised taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You must have been outraged when Trump increased spending and raised taxes.
    Trump increased his spending?

That's a good thing no?

Trump increased his spending?

That's a good thing no?
    Not to anyone who is actually a fiscal conservative.

Yes, he greatly increased spending, and he raised taxes multiple times.

Were you outraged?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Not to anyone who is actually a fiscal conservative.

Yes, he greatly increased spending, and he raised taxes multiple times.

Were you outraged?
    So how did Trump increase his spending?

Did he go shopping?