Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Frankly I am tired of Kim Kardashian I mean Joe Manchin and Biden's "soft" approach, the democratic party are basically handing the GOP the US government for the next 50 years if not more assuming they don't install a dictator. They have already stolen the supreme court now he is ceding the entire US government.
    Pretty much, like I have said before, it is like the Democrats are paid to be weak and illusion of choice. Except right now it seems like they are full on falling on their sword in attempts to save the GOP against the will and wrath of the people. Doing just enough to placate the majority of the masses while failing to hold any real accountability to the leadership at the top who caused it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So your point is replacing cost more than repair? seriously? The point of replacing is to have infrastructure that can face 2021 challenges like our increasingly hostile weather.
    No, my point is a repair is a repair, cost does not determine that. Even you said "The same way we are repairing them now but more extensively?".

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Pretty much, like I have said before, it is like the Democrats are paid to be weak and illusion of choice. Except right now it seems like they are full on falling on their sword in attempts to save the GOP against the will and wrath of the people. Doing just enough to placate the majority of the masses while failing to hold any real accountability to the leadership at the top who caused it.
    And once again they are depressing the base that got them in office in the first place resulting in GOP victories. Why would anyone stick their neck out and jump through hoops to vote when the democrats won't stand up for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    When your last resort is being a pedantic asshole, you've lost the argument.
    First resort, honestly.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Perhaps if you go to a center and not to a licensed in home provider.
    The "American Dream" is based upon one wage earner. Once upon a time that's all it took to afford it all; home, 2.3 kids, car, associated insurance policies, pension, saving for the kids' college, and having a bit left over for play.
    Now it takes two wages just to stay afloat. In another generation parents will have to pimp out the children. Not sure if this is either libertarians or the GOP plan for the future.

No, my point is a repair is a repair, cost does not determine that. Even you said "The same way we are repairing them now but more extensively?".
    You are talking yourself in circles and have lost track of whatever point you had, you spent pages going ham on the American public calling them cowards for not having the guts to spend more money building Afghanistan, Vietnam and Iraq to "win". When we are talking about domestic spending suddenly you are fiscally conservative, it must be hard to be living in a constant state of contradiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Are you seriously gonna Road of Theseus me?
    I do not understand your unwillingness to accept replacing a road means more that just replacing parts of it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The "American Dream" is based upon one wage earner. Once upon a time that's all it took to afford it all; home, 2.3 kids, car, associated insurance policies, pension, saving for the kids' college, and having a bit left over for play.
    Now it takes two wages just to stay afloat. In another generation parents will have to pimp out the children. Not sure if this is either libertarians or the GOP plan for the future.
    I was the single wage earner for our family (three kids). I had a decent lower middle class job. My wife stayed home to raise the kids. We decided the opportunity costs of both of us working exceeded the benefits for our kids having on parent always available. We just decided to forgo excessive material acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    First resort, honestly.
    Nah, from what I read the first resort was just plain bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are talking yourself in circles and have lost track of whatever point you had, you spent pages going ham on the American public calling them cowards for not having the guts to spend more money building Afghanistan, Vietnam and Iraq to "win". When we are talking about domestic spending suddenly you are fiscally conservative, it must be hard to be living in a constant state of contradiction.
    I commented that setting a political objective and then refusing to do what is needed to succeed is stupid. I do not oppose spending money on transportation, utilities, and other similar physical infrastructure. I think government assistance should be a last resort, but I agree it should exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not understand your unwillingness to accept replacing a road means more that just replacing parts of it...
    Because once you replace all the parts, you've replaced the ship. I mean, road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My cousin had his third kid recently, all are under 5. And he had to quit his job because it was cheaper to be a stay at home dad.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s more expensive to hire a nanny…
    Who said anything about hiring a nanny? I said to go to a licensed home provider. That's a daycare inside a private home......

I was the single wage earner for our family (three kids). I had a decent lower middle class job. My wife stayed home to raise the kids. We decided the opportunity costs of both of us working exceeded the benefits for our kids having on parent always available. We just decided to forgo excessive material acquisitions.
    And I'm sure this was recently in a well-to-do state too..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because once you replace all the parts, you've replaced the ship. I mean, road.
    Rare is that the case though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And I'm sure this was recently in a well-to-do state too..
    Portland, OR metro area within the past few years.

Just as a random PSA and apropos of nothing, the lifespan of an asphalt paved road averages 20 years and needs to be completely replaced eventually. It's not rare. It happens every year. It should actually be happening more often except, you know, there isn't enough money in the Infrastructure budget for it.

Yeah...lets add to the monthly bills...

I commented that setting a political objective and then refusing to do what is needed to succeed is stupid. I do not oppose spending money on transportation, utilities, and other similar physical infrastructure. I think government assistance should be a last resort, but I agree it should exist.
    Well in order to modernize our current infrastructure an investment of at least 3 trillion dollars on top of what we are already spending is needed. These plans will not make a difference all we are doing is buying a bigger duck tape.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't. It's literally happening around you, all the time, and you are completely unaware of the practical realities of infrastructure maintenance and repair.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Only if you have blinders on
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

As I said, if one can truly answer no to all of the questions, government assistance would likely be in order.

t.
    So a lot of people need it, i'm really failing to see your point here? What are you even arguing against if you agree its needed?