Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s weird how Trump consistently makes bad deals. Almost like he’s shit at The Art of the Deal.
    Want to hear about a great deal for the Democratic party?

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk hinted Friday that a 'F8ck Elon Musk' tweet posted by State Assembly member Lorena Gonzalez in May 2020 inspired him to move the company to Texas.

He plans on building a plant in Texas + HQ which is going to bring thousands of jobs to the State. Who will be the likely recipients of those jobs? Why, Liberals.

In the end, the final nail in the coffin that finally turns Texas Blue could be a California Liberal tweeting her disdain for Elon Musk.

How long will it take to get the plant up and operational? He's hoping for a similar timeline to Giga Shanghai which was up and running in 11 months and reached peak production in 12 months.

Construction on the plant has been under way for a couple months now.

That timeline puts it's construction and will make it operational just in time for the 2022 Midterms!

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk hinted Friday that a 'F8ck Elon Musk' tweet posted by State Assembly member Lorena Gonzalez in May 2020 inspired him to move the company to Texas.

He plans on building a plant in Texas + HQ which is going to bring thousands of jobs to the State. Who will be the likely recipients of those jobs? Why, Liberals.

In the end, the final nail in the coffin that finally turns Texas Blue could be a California Liberal tweeting her disdain for Elon Musk.

How long will it take to get the plant up and operational? He's hoping for a similar timeline to Giga Shanghai which was up and running in 11 months and reached peak production in 12 months.

Construction on the plant has been under way for a couple months now.

That timeline puts it's construction and will make it operational just in time for the 2022 Midterms!
    Yep, that'll do it. All the "liberals" working at the tesla plant is going to turn Texas blue. Only liberals will work at plants. And tesla is only going to hire the liberals that move to Texas, no jobs for the people who live here....well only for the "liberals" who live here. Everyone might as well just give up and join the democratic party because this is the nail in the coffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Yep, that'll do it. All the "liberals" working at the tesla plant is going to turn Texas blue. Only liberals will work at plants. And tesla is only going to hire the liberals that move to Texas, no jobs for the people who live here....well only for the "liberals" who live here. Everyone might as well just give up and join the democratic party because this is the nail in the coffin.
    Well, I feel like the depressingly literal nail in the coffin for conservatives in Texas is the fact that they're still dying in droves because they refuse to believe in science.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I mean, we all know that Texas is desperately trying to drive the normal, well-adjusted people whose political ideology isn't solely a function of hate filthy libruls and leftists out of the state by killing its own citizens with covid and reverting women back to 2nd class status. But like it or not, if tech companies move to/grow in the state, the left-leaning population will grow along with them.

I guess you don't see the irony in attracting all of these businesses from Blue states and then sticking them in cities that predominantly vote Blue. Texas is looking more and more purple.

oh no, you mean to tell me the double edged sword of bringing in more people to your state means it turns more liberal is true??? wow, I bet all that gloating about people leaving Cali for the "far superior" state of Texas is looking kind of foolish!

Why are you so proud that Texas ranks dead last in personal freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why are you so proud that Texas ranks dead last in personal freedom?
    There was a guy standing outside the courthouse in downtown Fort Worth with a sword strapped to his back. People looked at him strangely but most people walked by because, well, I guess your freedom is different then his.

I like how everyone attacked me but ignored the ludicrous fact that you guys think this could turn Texas blue. You did not support the poster, nor did you even think it's possible...but feel free, keep attacking me. Don't disagree with the poster, just attack me. Pack mentality of the leftist mmoc board.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, I feel like the depressingly literal nail in the coffin for conservatives in Texas is the fact that they're still dying in droves because they refuse to believe in science.
    You mean the science of mask mandates that the guy you support wants? You support Biden, you support his policies. Mask mandates forever.

There was a guy standing outside the courthouse in downtown Fort Worth with a sword strapped to his back. People looked at him strangely but most people walked by because, well, I guess your freedom is different then his.

I like how everyone attacked me but ignored the ludicrous fact that you guys think this could turn Texas blue. You did not support the poster, nor did you even think it's possible...but feel free, keep attacking me. Don't disagree with the poster, just attack me. Pack mentality of the leftist mmoc board.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the science of mask mandates that the guy you support wants? You support Biden, you support his policies. Mask mandates forever.
    Nah, I think Texas will be backwards for two or more generations.

After all, they hate freedom down in Texas.

Texas has been shifting more and more blue, faster than even the GOP ever feared. I'm sure your fascist-in-chief will tell the Texans that they will make sure to keep out the Muslims, and they will love it. Heck, maybe they'll just try and re-institute slavery down there. It's Texas, nothing is out of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    You support Biden
    Don't you usually demand proof of support?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Lulz. Whoever said "mask mandates forever"?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Apparently so. I mean, I don't know why people in modern civil society in a developed nation need to walk around in public armed with any kind of actual weapon but hey, that's just me. I guess sometimes you need to bring your AK-47 and anti-tank rocket launcher to pick up a latte. You know, just in case the tanks roll in.

I like how everyone attacked me
    It thought snowflakes considered disagreements as "personal attacks"? I know you're not a snowflake though, so surely you haven't been attacked by people disagreeing with you.

Yes, the science backs mask mandates universally during an ongoing pandemic. Except for doctors that think that demon sperm makes you infertile.

Once we're over the hill and have covid firmly under control folks can stop wearing the masks - or not, it's their free personal choice! - since there will no longer be a medical reason to do so. Nobody wants to wear masks forever, but we'll proudly wear them as long as doing so is part of our patriotic duty to help protect ourselves and our fellow citizens and residents avoid an avoidable virus that's caused a global pandemic.

This is the equivalent of Victory Gardens or nylon donations for the war effort, patriotic drives during WWII to help support the troops during a national crisis (like a pandemic) that Americans gladly participated in. And that was asking far, far more of them than asking someone to put on a mask - which has no negative effects for the overwhelming majority of people who don't have any health conditions that may make it dangerous for them - when they go to pick up a 12-pack of Bud Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Apparently so. I mean, I don't know why people in modern civil society in a developed nation need to walk around in public armed with any kind of actual weapon but hey, that's just me. I guess sometimes you need to bring your AK-47 and anti-tank rocket launcher to pick up a latte. You know, just in case the tanks roll in.
    I really gotta wonder about the people who feel a need to arm themselves in their daily lives. So very, very frightened of everything.

And before anyone says "but there's crime!", you're not helping your case that the American approach is working. Most developed countries simply don't have that problem, and citizens just don't walk around armed, like, ever. Not unless you're armed security or police or something at least. Hell, in some countries, even police aren't necessarily walking around with firearms as daily carry.

It's kind of hard to present the USA as a country of brave patriots when your examples are how you're cowering behind heavy armaments because you're so scared of your fellow countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I really gotta wonder about the people who feel a need to arm themselves in their daily lives. So very, very frightened of everything.
    it's worse than fear, they think they're John Wick. they have been brainwashed with a life time of action movies and video games where they think at any moment a gun fight might break out and that'll be their chance to be a hero.

And before anyone says "but there's crime!", you're not helping your case that the American approach is working. Most developed countries simply don't have that problem, and citizens just don't walk around armed, like, ever. Not unless you're armed security or police or something at least. Hell, in some countries, even police aren't necessarily walking around with firearms as daily carry.

It's kind of hard to present the USA as a country of brave patriots when your examples are how you're cowering behind heavy armaments because you're so scared of your fellow countrymen.
    to be fair if i lived anywhere near americans i would want a gun too

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post

Last I heard on that front he was having issues getting things set up because the infrastructure in the state is absolute garbage.

Though I even wonder if they'll let him sell Teslas in the state or if he'll be stuck with the same backwards-ass rigmarole legislation that keeps him from doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's cute you think this was a rebuttal to Texas' issues with a lack of freedom.

If your skin was any thinner you'd be see-through. I mean I'd really hate for people to think you feel like a victim.

Mask mandates forever.
    This isn't even a good strawman.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

I really gotta wonder about the people who feel a need to arm themselves in their daily lives. So very, very frightened of everything
    They also live under the delusion that being able to carry a gun means you're safer against being shot. No matter how much firepower you're carrying you're not going to outdraw someone who's already aiming at the back of your head, though. We're heading off topic, but it's not like TR ever brings up anything worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They’d need to change the law. You can’t buy direct from the manufacturer with cars in Texas. Period.
    but but mah freedom!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's cute you think this was a rebuttal to Texas' issues with a lack of freedom.

If your skin was any thinner you'd be see-through. I mean I'd really hate for people to think you feel like a victim.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#417394]This isn't even a good strawman.
    Don't you know freedom to carry a sword = +100 to freedom when you equip it!!!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So much freedom that private businesses don't have the freedom to choose whether or not to require covid vaccine mandates, which they absolutely legally can require for employees - https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10...ccine-mandate/

I thought Texas was pro-freedom, especially for businesses? Or is this a more nuanced topic and you're just erecting shitty, empty strawmen?