Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Basically not do things that would impact his children.
    The things people do for family.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-over-spending

“I’ve been saying this for many, many months, people have concerns, people are concerned,” he said, repeating his concerns about federal spending boosting inflation and hurting constituents back home in West Virginia and other rural areas.

“And for us to go down a path that we’ve been going and trying to accelerate it and it has been slowed down – I think we need to take our time and do it right,” he added.
    And as another "Fuck you, Manchin." he takes the exact opposite of the correct lesson from yesterday's results. The results came largely because Democrats haven't gotten anything done outside of the ARA because...of Manchin mostly, and Sinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As opposed to the alternative the the court being packed with more young, activist conservative justices? As opposed to not getting the ARA passed because McConnell would have never allowed it?

Yeah man, I guess we really are better off with Republicans in charge. You voting (R) down the ballot the next election?
    You are not seeing the big picture, what's 1 year worth of judicial confirmation versus decades of republican dominance thanks to these voting laws. This is the whole ball game who gives a flying fuck about a few judges, democrats are looking down the black hole of being kept out of power for generations. I will say it again republicans have given themselves the power to throw out votes in swing and red states that means no congress, no presidency unless they feel like it. This is how you end up with dictatorships.

If Manchin doesn't pass voting rights fuck him kick him out of the party I don't give a shit if he becomes a republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You are not seeing the big picture, what's 1 year worth of judicial confirmation versus decades of republican dominance thanks to these voting laws.
    You present a false choice here dude. How are they gonna get voting laws through now? How would they get them through with Manchin as a Republican, with McConnell as Senate Majority Leader and all to happy to let that bill sit on the Senate doorstep and have even less of a chance of passing than currently?

These are two unrelated issues, and I don't think you realize how significant and long-lasting the impact of reshaping the federal judicary is. Like, at all.

If Manchin doesn't pass voting rights fuck him kick him out of the party I don't give a shit if he becomes a republican.
    Cool, I guess we're all just accelerationists at the end of the day because we don't get what we want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cosplay Progressives: "Dems lose because they dont do things I think are popular"

Dems in VA and NJ pass laws; legalizing marijuana, raise minimum wage, expand healthcare to 100,000s, cap insulin prices, expand voter rights.

Cosplay Progressives: "Dems dont do anything, They need to lose to be taught a lesson"

Basically miniature horseshoe versions of Joe Manchin.

Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post
    Cosplay Progressives: "Dems lose because they dont do things I think are popular"

Dems in VA and NJ pass laws; legalizing marijuana, raise minimum wage, expand healthcare to 100,000s, cap insulin prices, expand voter rights.

Cosplay Progressives: "Dems dont do anything, They need to lose to be taught a lesson"

That's because all the cosplay progressives are liars, and actually just Trump supporters.

You present a false choice here dude. How are they gonna get voting laws through now? How would they get them through with Manchin as a Republican, with McConnell as Senate Majority Leader and all to happy to let that bill sit on the Senate doorstep and have even less of a chance of passing than currently?

These are two unrelated issues, and I don't think you realize how significant and long-lasting the impact of reshaping the federal judicary is. Like, at all.
    Put all the pressure necessary including expulsion from the democratic party for Manchin to reform or rid of the fillibuster and pass voting rights. I am not sure why I needed to spell this out for you, if he won't do it then fuck him. Let's also point out the reason for the state of the judiciary is because democrats can't or won't change lifetime appointments.

Cool, I guess we're all just accelerationists at the end of the day because we don't get what we want.
    You clearly do not grasp what is at stake, January 6th was just the start democracy will not survive the next go around and we know republicans are all in with a dictatorship. These are not normal times do everything and the kitchen sink to move Manchin on voting rights because nothing else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by KuerbisgeschmackShake View Post

Can we stop the circular firing squad already? It's exhausting.

This race was nationalized, as most races have been over the past 4 years. Voters are fucking retarded, and the lack of national action determines how they vote locally.

CRT was a huge animating issue in this because Republicans have successful made it a racist wedge issue nationally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's because all the cosplay progressives are liars, and actually just Trump supporters.
    In a way, its more like they fantasize about wielding power like Trump or Manchin. an Ueber Mensch that brings "those Dems" to heel.

They project this onto Bernie as well. And Ron Paul formerly.

When you realize the Horseshoe Theory is mostly about authoritarianism, it makes more sense.

Put all the pressure necessary including expulsion from the democratic party for Manchin to reform or rid of the fillibuster and pass voting rights. I am not sure why I needed to spell this out for you, if he won't do it then fuck him.
    Expelling him from the Democratic Party would make Mitch McConnell majority leader again. That sounds like a fantastic way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Expelling him from the Democratic Party would make Mitch McConnell majority leader again. That sounds like a fantastic way to shoot themselves in the foot.
    What difference would it make? seriously tell me what would we lose? if these laws stand we lose everything.

Put all the pressure necessary including expulsion from the democratic party for Manchin to reform or rid of the fillibuster and pass voting rights.
    Manchin: Cool, bye guys. My seat is still safe and I'm primed to return as WV governor if I want, this actually helps my chances. Enjoy being the minority!

I mean it sucks, but there is no "good" situation here. Just "less bad" options.

Let's also point out the reason for the state of the judiciary is because democrats can't or won't change lifetime appointments.
    That would require a Constitutional Amendment. So thanks for letting us know you don't know how the government works, and most of your frustration appears to stem from this ignorance (in the descriptive sense, not as an insult).

- - - Updated - - -

What difference would it make?
    That you even are asking this question is a big "yikes".

Can we stop the circular firing squad already? It's exhausting.
    no, they can't. because laying blame on other's is easier than accepting your party's shortcomings. or doing anything to address said shortcomings.

and yeah, let's just ignore how the GOP ran a better campaign, better blame the progresses for that as well...
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-11-03 at 05:18 PM.

That you even are asking this question is a big "yikes".
    I will repeat it again since you are keen on avoiding it.

You clearly do not grasp what is at stake, January 6th was just the start democracy will not survive the next go around and we know republicans are all in with a dictatorship. These are not normal times do everything and the kitchen sink to move Manchin on voting rights because nothing else matters.

What difference would it make? seriously tell me what would we lose? if these laws stand we lose everything.
    We lose the ability to get literally anything done whatsoever. Literally everything from the House dies on his desk without even making it to committee. Nothing can be compromised on. No judges can be appointed, no seats can be filled. NOTHING. McConnell goes full scorched fucking earth.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    People like you really need to stop with the whole "Democracy is dooooomed!!11!!!" nonsense.
    Of course republicans gave themselves these new powers for shits and giggles totally not based on the lie that the election was stolen so that they can rig elections for generations to come /s

/r/thathappend

I will repeat it again since you are keen on avoiding it.
    I grasp what's at stake. That doesn't mean that Democrats can just like, ignore the Constitution and change the lifetime appointments of Federal judges.

I'm all for them flouting a LOT more rules and playing MUCH more hardball, ignore the Senate parliamentarian and do whatever. Throw Manchin's state a few billion slush fund to buy his vote. I don't give a fuck.

But what you're proposing just doesn't reflect reality in the slightest, doesn't show a basic understanding of the function of our government, and shows little understanding of the current political makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    We lose the ability to get literally anything done whatsoever. Literally everything from the House dies on his desk without even making it to committee. Nothing can be compromised on. No judges can be appointed, no seats can be filled. NOTHING. McConnell goes full scorched fucking earth.
    which he is going to get to do anyways in 1 year and the republican party will have the opportunity to appoint far more judges which they already have thanks to these laws.

which he is going to get to do anyways in 1 year and the republican party will have the opportunity to appoint far more judges which they already have thanks to these laws.
    So you're advocating to piss away any opportunity, however small, to even try to do something before that happens because Manchin isn't just immediately rubber stamping everything? I mean, yeah, fuck him, but "we should get everything, or else we should throw a tantrum and get nothing" is childish bullshit that displays a remarkable lack of understanding about how things actually work in the real world.