Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    They've been keeping themselves under the radar since their last stunt, but I guess they either couldn't help themselves or expected Trump to bail them out when the Feds got their hands on them for this.
    I'm just happy this investigation started under Barr. The theft of personal property, and subsequent publishing of private information, of a family member of a presidential candidate, especially a former VP, is pretty fuckin significant and big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's not abuse of power most these people are not going to face any real consequences aside from public shaming. I am not sure what legitimacy you are trying to protect there's very little if any faith left in institutions after Trump. The way to rebuilding that is to hold people accountable and showing no one is above the law.

Let's also keep in mind there's a very high chance Trump will win in 2024 and make any investigation go away.
    benghazi was unquestionably an abuse of power. If there was no legitimacy left Trump would still be in office. They should investigate. Not abuse. There is a difference.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    benghazi was unquestionably an abuse of power. If there was no legitimacy left Trump would still be in office. They should investigate. Not abuse. There is a difference.
    Congressional investigations and public hearings when crimes were done are abuses of power now? really?

Congressional investigations and public hearings when crimes were done are abuses of power now? really?
    And what crimes were committed? The 11 investigations found 0 evidence of wrong doing. It was clearly an abuse of power used to target a political opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    .... are you really going to make me explain why 11 investigations into benghazi was an abuse is power?
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Because abusing power and systems for political benefit isn't right when we do it either. I criticized the GOP for wasting taxpayer dollars on repeat investigations. I criticized GOP politicians when the admitted it was all just to gain electoral advantages and not about uncovering any actual wrongdoing.

Why on earth would I turn a blind eye to the dems doing it?

Investigate and prosecute. But don't waste dollars and resources in political theater to just try to score points. It's eroding the legitimacy of the institutions we are relying on holding against the tyranny the GOP is hoping to bring.
    See that's the problem with the right. They want to try and claim the left is just as bad when, even here, Obama, and other Dems were criticized by us lefties just as bad as we criticized the GOP when they did the same shit. But righties here just can't bring themselves to admit it.

- - - Updated - - -

.... are you really going to make me explain why 11 investigations into benghazi was an abuse is power?
    Apparently he needs one.

Benghazi is done and over...move on.

Perhaps I should have clarified I mean all the crimes Trump and his cronies made, are you saying there's no need for a public accounting and congressional investigations of all the bad things they did?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    And what crimes were committed? The 11 investigations found 0 evidence of wrong doing. It was clearly an abuse of power used to target a political opponent.
    And Trump and his cronies committed tons of crimes which was my point there's more than enough for several investigations Jared and Ivanka alone who knows how many laws they broke.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It is annoying that people are going "The FBI confirms that Ashley Biden's diary was stolen" to "EVERYTHING IN THE LEAKS HAPPENED AS WRITTEN AND THUS IS TRUE." There are a few steps to get from where we are to that conclusion. One is to determine that the entries were actual entries. Given that diaries have standard pages, it isn't too hard to fake entries.

And I wouldn't put in past Project Veritas to edit images like they edit their interviews that they do.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The only thing the zoomers harrasing manchin are doing is making him more popular

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It is annoying that people are going "The FBI confirms that Ashley Biden's diary was stolen" to "EVERYTHING IN THE LEAKS HAPPENED AS WRITTEN AND THUS IS TRUE." There are a few steps to get from where we are to that conclusion. One is to determine that the entries were actual entries. Given that diaries have standard pages, it isn't too hard to fake entries.

And I wouldn't put in past Project Veritas to edit images like they edit their interviews that they do.
    Yeah I've seen that exact same take from all the usual Right-Wing projection pieces (while also still harping on about Hunter's Laptop for some fucking reason) so I guess this'll be the next big thing and whatever 'smoking gun' Republicans will use to try and impeach him when/if they take the House/Senate back in 2022.

Like don't get me wrong, the allegations are fuckin' huge and -if- true I'd want Biden out on his ass as fast as possible, but Project Veritas' track record leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    The only thing the zoomers harrasing manchin are doing is making him more popular
    Poor Manchin in his Maserati. He's stuck having to deal with those poors.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    it's pretty comical on top of it all to assume this makes him any more popular within the democratic party and not the exact kind of people who think triggering the libs is the end all be all of political discourse.

I agree, people so stupid to anoint Sinema their queen, probably like Manchin more and more, his donors like him more and more, nobody else though.

So you don't know the difference between famous and infamous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nothing says man of the people salt of the earth blue collar guy like a Maserati...

10+ Year Old Account
    I defer to Martin Short, Chevy Chase, and Steve Martin on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing says man of the people salt of the earth blue collar guy like a Maserati...
    Manchin represents West Virginia, this is only making him infamous among overly annoying zoomers who have nothing else to do with their time than harass someone

This is probably going to make him more famous in WV if anything

Manchin represents West Virginia, this is only making him infamous among overly annoying zoomers who have nothing else to do with their time than harass someone
    ah, the south park take where caring about things, including the future you are stuck with means you're a loser. go back to consuming your bland media and pop culture and leave the elite's to make more money, peasant!

- - - Updated - - -

it's really weird to see these takes when this is about legislation that will at least duck tape the country together long enough to function for another few years? like are you one of those accelerationists that wants things to get worse as quickly as possible?

Unfortunately WV is just too damn red, and Manchin knows he walks a fine line. If he didn't want to stay in office it'd likely be different. But WV does separate conservative democrats from progressives. And the moment he goes liberal he'll be done next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Unfortunately WV is just too damn red, and Manchin knows he walks a fine line. If he didn't want to stay in office it'd likely be different. But WV does separate conservative democrats from progressives. And the moment he goes liberal he'll be done next election.
    the second he goes republican he'll be rendered insignificant as well. another republican senator that wants to do nothing but collect paychecks from his donors and stall any and all legislation... how original...