10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    He also pissed off all the right people so that was a bonus.
    So...y'all are just dropping the pretense now and admitting your love of Trump is just trolling?

And you have the gall to lecture someone else about moral authority?

Wow.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I legitimately am having a hard time thinking of a worse idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Right becasue the 2400 American deaths and the 240K civilian deaths were not as messy as the pull out.

You are willfully ignorant or dumb as shit.
    No, I'm of the opinion that the US should leave a place better than before. If the Afghan government won't do it then well do it for them. If the cost is to steep then don't go in in the first place.

I’m sorry, but anyone who drone strikes CHILDREN will EVER have a place of moral authority in my book. That’s disgusting.
    Trump at the end of his term pardoned child killing mass murderers..

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m sorry, but anyone who drone strikes CHILDREN will EVER have a place of moral authority in my book. That’s disgusting.
    Trump had more drone strikes in two years of his presidency than Obama had in 8. Trump passed executive orders to remove accountability and reporting of drone strike casualties and increased the areas in which drone strikes were to be carried out.

This is a really, really terrible hill for you to try and die on to paint Trump as some sort of "moral authority."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So...y'all are just dropping the pretense now and admitting your love of Trump is just trolling?

And you have the gall to lecture someone else about moral authority?

Wow.
    I’ve never maintained any such pretense but if you’ve got a rebuttal on Biden’s moral authority I’d love to hear it.

I’ve never maintained any such pretense but if you’ve got a rebuttal on Biden’s moral authority I’d love to hear it.
    Sure, it was a tragic accident and while responsibility lies on Biden for ultimately issuing the order there's extensive blame throughout the chain of command in failing to verify targets. Shit happens when you're a head of state, and sometimes tragedy strikes. This is clearly a case where it was, as stated, a tragic accident potentially stemming from lower level failures. There was never an intention to kill kids.

Now, do Trump and his administrations policy of kidnapping migrant children from their parents, lying about it to the public before having to admit it, and then being revealed to have lost track of hundreds of children and their parents because they didn't care that they were kidnapping children. You can do that one in the Trump thread.

Better to diddle them eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trump at the end of his term pardoned child killing mass murderers..
    Which is irrelevant to Biden. Trump is not a God Emperor, he’s deeply flawed.

It was already presented.

So, Trump? You don't like Trump anymore? Because he got thousands of them killed when he left the Kurds, he got thousands of them killed when he released those Taliban fighters. You know, the people that committed the terrorist attack?

He also pissed off all the right people so that was a bonus.
    This is why the country is so fucked, right here. Left/Liberals are actually trying to govern, and conservatives are trying to fight a fucking culture war. All these culture warriors being voted in by the GOP is so embarrassing....like, if you look up "lagging indicator" in the dictionary it will say "see also: US Congress." If you're voting in Reps because they trigger the libs, a) you've already lost, and b) you're fighting in the wrong arena, and c) it's literally destructive to the country.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    This is why the country is so fucked, right here. Left/Liberals are actually trying to govern, and conservatives are trying to fight a fucking culture war. All these culture warriors being voted in by the GOP is so embarrassing....like, if you look up "lagging indicator" in the dictionary it will say "see also: US Congress." If you're voting in Reps because they trigger the libs, a) you've already lost, and b) you're fighting in the wrong arena, and c) it's literally destructive to the country.
    I'm heartened by the knowledge that practically no young people are going down the "conservative" route. Nothing in the modern GOP's platform of bigotry, science-denial and shitshow demeanor, all while constantly denigrating the efforts of younger people while actively, intentionally and transparently selling their futures short, seems particularly appealing to younger generations.

Which is why the GOP is attempting to ratfuck the democratic process as much as possible. They know they inevitably lose the demographic war. They don't have the votes of the young, they don't have the votes of minorities, they don't have the votes of women, and they don't have the votes of the college-educated, but they can't realistically pivot to more sensible positions that would appeal to these demographics without losing all of the necessary crazies among their ranks.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Which is irrelevant to Biden. Trump is not a God Emperor, he’s deeply flawed.
    Yet you support him, for some reason you seem to think the left has a cult of personality around Biden. The progressives myself included can't stand him but we didn't want the shit stain you love in charge.

And yet you white knight for Trump, who not only did that same thing but far more often.

Trump is not a God Emperor, he’s deeply flawed.
    Imagine saying this after years of coming to Trump's defense at every turn while also going "Trump pissed off people, haha."
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2022-01-09 at 04:45 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

McCarthy says he'll strip Dems of committee slots if GOP wins House

The thing is the Republicans run on Pelosi all the time. Funny enough they drum up fear on crap like this that Pelosi would never ever go this far.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Funny enough they drum up fear on crap like this that Pelosi would never ever go this far.
    They're using "there aren't enough Republicans on the Jan 6th panel" as their excuse. Leaving out the part where they walked away from the invitation.

Dems have moved to strip Greene of her committee assignments.
    Pelosi refused nominees of McCarthy onto the Jan 6th committee.

That's essentially the gauntlet thrown. Republicans, should they retake the House, have every reason to remove certain Democrats from their desired committees. Omar, Schiff, and Swalwell are easy targets. I don't even see the move as anything but rote reaction to moves already made when Democrats had the majority in House, Senate, and Executive.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post

That's essentially the gauntlet thrown. Republicans, should they retake the House, have every reason to remove certain Democrats from their desired committees. Omar, Schiff, and Swalwell are easy targets. I don't even see the move as anything but rote reaction to moves already made when Democrats had the majority in House, Senate, and Executive.
    This is just pure bullshit sophistry. Greene earned her punishment by being a deranged and unapologetic conspiracy theorist. This isn't some proportional move on the part of McCarthy.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I'm curious.

In your mind, is Ilhan Omar on the same level as Greene? You know the conspiracy theorist, wildly insane, racist nutcase who was too over the top even for McCarthy?

Nominating people like Greene and Benghazi gate nutcases to the committee is literally just for the purpose of sabotaging the committee.

10+ Year Old Account
    You assume this was because of their status as republicans, instead of their batshit insane political stances up to and including that the January 6th election was stolen, that the insurrectionists were somehow martyrs, that COVID is a hoax, and that jews control space lasers.

Now, that being a republican and being batshit insane are slowly becoming more and more similar is not anyone's fault but the republicans. But the onus is on them to expel these members from their ranks, and until they do, the democrats will do their best to prevent these dangerously insane individuals from harming the country by stripping them from acting in an official capacity as much as they possibly can.

Or, to put this another way... why do you despair the removal of, or even potentially, want, dangerously deranged individuals in positions of power?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.