10+ Year Old Account
    Ted Cruz, the BEn Shapiro of the Senate, the dumb person's idea of a smart senator?

He got rolled by Schumer. The vote was meant as a political gotcha, which is why Cruz traded 40 ambassadors to get a vote on it. Democrats had to do the adult thing, even if it looked bad. What's interesting about the breakdown is all the vulnerable Dems were able to vote yes for bipartisan cred.

By a vote of 55-44, the #Senate did not agree to S. 3436, Nord Stream 2 sanctions bill (60 vote threshold).
    Dems voting in favor: Senators Baldwin, Cortez Masto, Hassan, Kelly, Rosen & Warnock.
    Senator Paul voted no and Senator Schatz did not vote.

This bill was Cruz's attempt to ratfuck the high stakes diplomacy happening around Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The Solicitor General does not dispute that OSHA is limited to regulating “work-related dangers.” Response Brief for OSHA in No. 21A244 etc., p. 45 (OSHA Response). She instead argues that the risk of contracting COVID–19 qualifies as such a danger. We cannot agree. Although COVID–19 is a risk that occurs in many workplaces, it is not an occupational hazard in most. COVID–19 can and does spread at home, in schools, during sporting events, and everywhere else that people gather.
    sigh.

The multitudes of occupational hazards that can happen at home, schools, outside the workplace.....

guess companies could now use this ruling as a general get out of jail card if they can show you can also have the same "hazard" happen outside of work.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDruid96 View Post
    But why would they? Once the door is open, who's going to close it?
    Republicans almost did remove the filibuster under Trump, it was only because of McConnell that it stayed. If Trump wins in 2024 he will have even more power than he does now even McConnell will not stop it.

Changing the Filibuster is a terrible idea, when Republicans are back in power you will be wishing for the Filibuster.
    Republicans did change the filibuster already, when they shoved through Kavanaugh and Coney Barett.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Republicans did change the filibuster already, when they shoved through Kavanaugh and Coney Barett.
    All three. Gorsuch was the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Changing the Filibuster is a terrible idea, when Republicans are back in power you will be wishing for the Filibuster.
    Funny how Democrats want the fillibuster gone when they were totally against it when the GOP was in power, including Senator Joe Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Funny how Democrats want the fillibuster gone when they were totally against it when the GOP was in power, including Senator Joe Biden.
    Well gee, let's see. If one party will obstruct and not let anything get passed then what would be the correct path to to do so? Context, GOP used that shit because of the obviously corrupt shit they were doing wouldn't get passed otherwise where as voting rights are bit more important than *checks notes* putting an alcoholic on the Supreme Court.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Because the filibuster is only useful to them as long as it keeps Democrats from doing stuff. Once it's being used against them, they'll kill it without a second thought. I can say this with confidence because it's precisely what they did for Neil Gorsuch's supreme court nomination.
    Because the Democrats have never used it to keep the GOP from doing stuff when the GOP had power right? oh wait... I guarnatee that wen the OP gets power back, every single Democrat wanting it gone will suddnely defend it and ague against removing it. Your entire post can apply to Democrats right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Well gee, let's see. If one party will obstruct and not let anything get passed then what would be the correct path to to do so? Context, GOP used that shit because of the obviously corrupt shit they were doing wouldn't get passed otherwise where as voting rights are bit more important than *checks notes* putting an alcoholic on the Supreme Court.
    Democrats pulled the same BS with the filibuster during Ws first term when he had a 50/50 split. Democrats are guilty of everything in your post when they are not in power. Hyporisy rules on the left.

ps that "Votng Rights" bill is nothing more than a complete power grab that give the Dems the ability to permanently rig elections in their favor and is blatantly unconstutional. You wanna talk about corrupt shit? Dems in glass houses should not throw stones.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Welcome to Bullshit City, population: you.

The Voting Rights bill was to protect... well, voting rights. Because the GOP want to rig voting in their favour, because they know that they do not win the popular vote. Its only a "power grab" because it stops the GOP rigging shit.
    Actually Bullshit City is population: You. GOP isn't rigging anything. They want people to actually prove who they are. Dems want to make it possible for illegals already here to vote, which is blatantly unconstitutional by the way, have all disputes adjudicated by a far left court, and distills the vote down to only New York and California, far left strongholds. It completely allows the Dems to rig shit.

Allowing people the right to vote, which almost certainly means GQP goes the way of the Whigs, because of how tiny their voting base is, is no more or less a power grab than making voting difficult so that the diarrhea party can stay around longer. It's not hard to come up with your own argument instead of parroting lazy crap McConnell says, though, same time, when I see who parrots it, I can see maybe for them it is hard...
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2022-01-17 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How does closing polling places help prove who someone is? How does prohibiting giving them water while in law prove who they are? How does gerrymandering help prove who they are? Now, how does allowing citizens to vote rig this in the favor of Dems?
    1. GOP wants limits on absentee ballpot boxes so they can easily be monitored to ensure people aren't stuffing the boxes.

2. Not handing out water is not in any national proposal. That is a state and local level issue.

3. Gerrymandering is a separate issue that BOTH parties do, and Dems have done in the past as well. Ludicrous for an Liberal to claim the Dems have never done it.

What your "election rigging" bill does is allow anyone to vote without having to prove they can even legally vote. That means anybody crossing over from Mexico illegally can vote even though they aren't legally able to. It also puts all disputes in the hands of a far left court. How exactly does that ensure fairness? That will allow and dem operative to go up to a absentee ballot box and stuff it knowing their will be no repercussion as the far left court will dismiss any case accusing it., And how does process that makes the voters of 48 states irrelevant while making 2 far left states the ultimate arbiters a fair election? It BLATANTLY rigs elections in favor of the Dems.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus wept, way to double down hard on the Bullshit City. Did you ever meet a bullshit right wing talking point that you didn't parrot?
    Says one parroting bullshit left wing talking points. Pot meet kettle.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-01-17 at 01:27 PM.

1. GIOP wants limits on absentee ballpot boxes so they can easily be monitored to ensure people aren't stuffing the boxes.

2. Not handing out water is not in any national proposal. That is a state and local level issue.

3. Gerrymandering is a separate issue that BOTH parties do, and Dems have done in the past as well. Ludicrous for an Liberal to claim the Dems have never done it.

What your "election rigging" bill does is allow anyone to vote without having to prove they can even legally vote. That means anybody crossing over from Mexico illegally can vote even though they aren't legally able to. It also puts all disputes in the hands of a far left court. How exactly does that ensure fairness? That will allow and dem operative to go up to a absentee ballot box and stuff it knowing their will be no repercussion as the far left court will dismiss any case accusing it., And how does process that makes the voters of 48 states irrelevant while making 2 far left states the ultimate arbiters a fair election? It BLATANTLY rigs elections in favor of the Dems.
    Bullshit city residents sure love their GQP power grabs, don't ya?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Allowing people the right to vote, which almost certainly means GQP goes the way of the Whigs, because of how tiny their voting base is, is no more or less a power grab than making voting difficult so that the diarrhea party can stay around longer. It's not hard to come up with your own argument instead of parroting lazy crap McConnell says, though, same time, when I see who parrots it, I can see maybe for them it is hard...
    NPo you are outright lying. Both sides have 40% of the voting population,. The other 20% are independents. The GOP is all about allowi the people the right to vote. The right of CITIZENS who can LEGALLY vote and PROVE they can legally vote. Not allowing every non citizen who crosses the border illegally to vote.

It is also ioronic that someone who parrots the lazy crap Dementia Joe and Communist Chuck accuses someone else of parroting. I hate McConnel. he is part of the good old boys club I want to get rid of. I don;t have to parrot anything I only have to read the BS bill.

NPo you are outright lying. Both sides have 40% of the voting population,. The other 20% are independents. The GOP is all about allowi the people the right to vote. The right of CITIZENS who can LEGALLY vote and PROVE they can legally vote. Not allowing every non citizen who crosses the border illegally to vote.

It is also ioronic that someone who parrots the lazy crap Dementia Joe and Communist Chuck accuses someone else of parroting. I hate McConnel. he is part of the good old boys club I want to get rid of. I don;t have to parrot anything I only have to read the BS bill.
    I mean you admitting that you can't read here, doesn't change that you are parroting McConnel. You get standard 16x13's or custom?

show us evidence that any significant amount of non citizens have been illegally voting

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    show us evidence that any significant amount of non citizens have been illegally voting
    New York City has already passed rules allowing non citizens to vote. This BS the far left cabal calls a bill will allow that with no control because you will not be required to prove you are a citizen.

Posting this just shows how much of the bullshit you've swallowed and that nobody should even pretend to respond to you seriously. I bet you believe the left is all for "abortion after birth," too.

Only if "bullshit left wing talking points" means "reality."
    Only if "reality" means "bullshit fantasy world where Dems have full power". The fact that you resort to personal attacks shows you don't want to debate and that what I say is true. You want to silence anyone who opposes far left bullshit like this. Talk about one who shouldn't be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s not drop boxes, literal polling locations. I never said Dems haven’t gerrymandered, I said it shouldn’t be legal. They’re all local/state proposals. That’s why the need for an overriding VRA at the national level. To stop the bullshit.
    And this"VRA" is nothing more than a complete power grab by the Dems. how exactly is assigning a far left court to handle all election disputes fair? Democarts will be able to rig elections at will because a panel of far left democrats aren't going to rule against it. They want to limit polling places to ensure they can be properly monitored. Dems want them everywhere knowing that if you put enough out there, they all cant be monitored therefore exploitable. And how can you even claim an election is fair when nobody has to prove they can legally vote? Talk about bullshit that needs to be stopped. .
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-01-17 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats pulled the same BS with the filibuster during Ws first term when he had a 50/50 split.
    Your talking points need a reality check. Here is a fact for you. The GOP has used the filibuster far more than the democrats. This isn't a bOTh SidES situation.

- - - Updated - - -

GOP isn't rigging anything.
    Too bad for your propaganda they already admitted they are.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

And this"VRA" is nothing more than a complete power grab by the Dems. how exactly is assigning a far left court to handle all election disputes fair? Democarts will be able to rig elections at will because a panel of far left democrats aren't going to rule against it. They want to limit polling places to ensure they can be properly monitored. Dems want them everywhere knowing that if you put enough out there, they all cant be monitored therefore exploitable. And how can you even claim an election is fair when nobody has to prove they can legally vote? Talk about bullshit that needs to be stopped. .
    You seem to be upset that Republicans are not able to rig elections, and try and overthrow democratically-held elections.

It's a shame the GOP wants to make it harder to vote, especially for brown and poor people.