Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Then, you are not paying attention...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism

Basically, there is nothing Biden can do, that would satiate accelerationist. They just spent 4 years ignoring everything Trump and GOP has been doing, masterminding how they will rebuild the nation, after Trump causes a collapse of capitalism in 8 years. To get stuck with the steady hand of Joe Biden in 4...

Remember, the reason democrats are to blame for everything, is because they are the ones plugging the holes of our corrupt system, so it stays up float. The 15, the environmental changes, decriminalizing drugs and public option will all be bandaids... until free market can truly be free, so it collapses and causes fundamental social change.

... or it’s just a Trump supporter... lulz...
    Accelerationism sorta (but not really) worked here tho. But we had to endure a dictatorship +30 years of shitty neoliberal economic policies. And i'd rather prefer having 30 years of good gradual economic policies that work toward the betterment of all people, than 30 years of gridlock made by our elite class.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Accelerationism sorta (but not really) worked here tho. But we had to endure a dictatorship +30 years of shitty neoliberal economic policies. And i'd rather prefer having 30 years of good gradual economic policies that work toward the betterment of all people, than 30 years of gridlock made by our elite class.
    We got Joe Biden...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Alliance

Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine to be Joe Biden's assistant secretary of health.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...lowTwt_PHBrand

Contentious, considering what happened with Pennsylvania nursing homes in March of last year.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The whole point of minimum wage was for one adult (at the time it was implemented one man) could support a family of 3 with healthy food and basic luxories. Not barely scraping into survivability.
    Depending on where they live, they can't even do that, not without working more than one job or getting help from others through sharing expenses, etc...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Pennsylvania Health Secretary Rachel Levine to be Joe Biden's assistant secretary of health.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...lowTwt_PHBrand

Contentious, considering what happened with Pennsylvania nursing homes in March of last year.
    What happened there that didn't happen in every other state? We had the same issues in Michigan.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Did they violate national guidelines or did covid not go away by Easter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Looking for excuses to hate on someone who is transgender is basic pathetic shit.
    Blaming Joe Biden for covid has started...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Did they violate national guidelines or did covid not go away by Easter?
    Well, maybe like the other Easter miracle, it did but nobody was around to see it happen and it just came back at a later date.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29O1WX

Janet Yellen, U.S. President-elect Joe Biden’s nominee for Treasury Secretary, urged lawmakers on Tuesday to “act big” on the next coronavirus relief package, adding that the benefits outweigh the costs of a higher debt burden.

Yellen said her task as Treasury chief will be to help Americans endure the final months of the coronavirus pandemic, and rebuilding the U.S. economy “so that it creates more prosperity for more people and ensures that American workers can compete in an increasingly competitive global economy.”
    Damn, mean 'ol 'Austerity Biden and Yellen' strike again, coming out with a joint-message that we need to spend our way out of this pandemic and worry about paying down the debt later when we're not in the middle of a national crisis.

Man, why would anyone vote these awful austerity Democrats into office?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Calling that the 15 min wage thing will backfire. Mainly because its got a glaring fucking loophole via gig-work and the march of Prop 22 in California to a nationwide thing. So all that will happen is every McDonalds worker will get uberized and become a slave. Though I think this going to happen even if the Min Wage stays as it is.
    Good this needs to happen so that we can have a huge backlash and people actually take this "independent contractor" garbage seriously when it starts to creep up the income ladder and make it fucking against labor laws.

Not sure how you can have min wage increase at the state level for 10 years and yet independent contractors in some industries have not seen a increase in that same period.
    The most venerable population being taken advantage of because they do not have the resources available to fight this bullshit.

I am all for speeding up the process so that it can finally be fixed once and for all.

Its ridiculous that State labor divisions ignoring the problem/violations of the law because there is so little money in going after these entities that would just declare bankruptcy anyway.
    The state I live in declared (8 years ago) for example that all the top 10 newspaper companies (including NY times/WSJ/USA today) were in violation of labor laws regarding newspaper delivery. They should have been classified as employees. So what did they do? Put out an "advisory" and ignored the problem. No fines, no enforcement, nothing.
    What did the corporations do? They all outsourced delivery so they could say "not us". The LLC's that now do delivery just ignore the ruling. Labor department does not enforce the ruling because its just not worth the return.

and that is just one of the few dozen industries now getting away with it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29O1WX

Damn, mean 'ol 'Austerity Biden and Yellen' strike again, coming out with a joint-message that we need to spend our way out of this pandemic and worry about paying down the debt later when we're not in the middle of a national crisis.

Man, why would anyone vote these awful austerity Democrats into office?
    Makes me think, who ever posted this a few pages ago:

Given Janet Yellen's history suggests austerity is her inclination and her go to. She backed it in the past. If anything you might want to explain how she becomes a tax raising advocate given her whole history has been austerity.

Is really bad at history and politics.

Also in Biden Cabinet news:
    Biden's Director of National Intelligence nominee Avril Haines says, if confirmed, she will provide Congress with an unclassified report on the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

This is a big deal for people that care about Human Rights.
    If only the people who pushed the lie that there was no difference between the Trump and Biden administrations were able to feel shame.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post

Given Janet Yellen's history suggests austerity is her inclination and her go to. She backed it in the past. If anything you might want to explain how she becomes a tax raising advocate given her whole history has been austerity.

Biden's Director of National Intelligence nominee Avril Haines says, if confirmed, she will provide Congress with an unclassified report on the murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

If only the people who pushed the lie that there was no difference between the Trump and Biden administrations were able to feel shame.
    Honestly, I believe outside of some very specific things that would pertain to an ongoing conflict somewhere in the world, all domestic stuff a previous administration has done should be declassified. It would really show transparency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Honestly, I believe outside of some very specific things that would pertain to an ongoing conflict somewhere in the world, all domestic stuff a previous administration has done should be declassified. It would really show transparency.
    I’m more interested in the transcripts of Trump calls with foreign leaders, that he made classified after his call with AU and Mexico were leaked. Like the actual Ukraine transcript, that’s on the espionage server... we only ever got a second hand account of it... never the transcript.

I’m more interested in the transcripts of Trump calls with foreign leaders, that he made classified after his call with AU and Mexico were leaked. Like the actual Ukraine transcript, that’s on the espionage server... we only ever got a second hand account of it... never the transcript.
    Well, since we are not at war with Russia, it should be released. It isn't like our relationship with Russia is anything worth losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    The problem with that is that most of these actions aren't really particular to a single administration. That would be devastating to our national security apparatus. It is one of those things that might sound good in the abstract, but it is pretty naïve to think that is how anything works.

Declassifying recent things tends to compromise intelligence sources, technology, and people involved. The Defense/Security team is supposed to be nonpartisan, so in theory (and usually in practice) not much changes from administration to administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The problem with that is that most of these actions aren't really particular to a single administration. That would be devastating to our national security apparatus. It is one of those things that might sound good in the abstract, but it is pretty naïve to think that is how anything works.

Declassifying recent things tends to compromise intelligence sources, technology, and people involved. The Defense/Security team is supposed to be nonpartisan, so in theory (and usually in practice) not much changes from administration to administration.
    Hence why I also said anything domestic should be released. Foreign stuff can be on a case by case basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    This one I totally agree with. The question is if the transcripts actually exist. The ones we saw from Ukraine were apparently edited, and we don't know if anyone actually kept accurate ones.

We know several of Trump's in person talks with Putin have no record at all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post

We're going to see a LOT of stuff coming out once the adults are back in the White House. So long as Trump didn't actually permanently destroy documents Team Biden will have a full division of National Security people pouring through the shit storm that was the Trump Residency. I genuinely expect a Truth and Reconciliation-type Commission to be launched by the Senate in the coming year, once the full nature of Trump and his crime family's grifting becomes clearer.

And there will be legions of highly intelligent and qualified people signing up for that gig. Fuck, if I didn't have to work, I would do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We're going to see a LOT of stuff coming out once the adults are back in the White House. So long as Trump didn't actually permanently destroy documents Team Biden will have a full division of National Security people pouring through the shit storm that was the Trump Residency. I genuinely expect a Truth and Reconciliation-type Commission to be launched by the Senate in the coming year, once the full nature of Trump and his crime family's grifting becomes clearer.

And there will be legions of highly intelligent and qualified people signing up for that gig. Fuck, if I didn't have to work, I would do it for free.
    That's why that fire at the inauguration practice everyone thought at first it was trump burning documents in the rose garden!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.newsweek.com/janet-yelle...pealed-1562739

Whoa whoa!

"I certainly believe in a fair and progressive tax code where wealthy individuals and corporations pay their fair share," Yellen told the committee on Tuesday. Biden does not want a complete overhaul of Trump's tax reform, but the president-elect does want to see changes made to some of the cuts and incentives for wealthy Americans and large American businesses, Yellen said.

"He's been very clear that he does not support a complete repeal of the 2017 tax law," Yellen said of Biden. "There are some areas, though, that he would amend. For example, a provision in that law had the unfortunate byproduct of rewarding companies for moving their operations offshore, and [Biden] would reverse that."
    I thought we were in for a NEOLIBERAL AUSTERITY future? What the fuck is this shit? Rolling back tax cuts on the wealthy and corporations and closing loopholes for offshoring operations? That doesn't sound very NEOLIBERALY AUSTERITY to me.

Senator John Thune (R-SD) tells Janet Yellen he is concerned about the "massive amount of debt that we continue to rack up" and says "we seem to have no concern" about it

Thread of these in the link.

But mehhhh deficit!

Seriously any of Biden's cabinet nominees should tell them to "piss off". They are not going to vote for them anyways so insult these mofo's. Just shove it in their face about the $2 trillion tax cuts, reckless spending by Trump and his trade policies, etc. Really need to fight these hypocrites. Yellin and most are establishment and will try to answer the questions with some logic but eff that.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!