Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Senator John Thune (R-SD) tells Janet Yellen he is concerned about the "massive amount of debt that we continue to rack up" and says "we seem to have no concern" about it

Thread of these in the link.

But mehhhh deficit!

Seriously any of Biden's cabinet nominees should tell them to "piss off". They are not going to vote for them anyways so insult these mofo's. Just shove it in their face about the $2 trillion tax cuts, reckless spending by Trump and his trade policies, etc. Really need to fight these hypocrites. Yellin and most are establishment and will try to answer the questions with some logic but eff that.
    And on schedule, Republicans who have spent the past four years driving up the debt faster than any president in history (I believe), suddenly remember that debts and deficits exist again and that they're all the fault of Democrats.

Seriously, I want folks like Yellen to not entertain that bullshit and remind them that the blew up the debt with a pointless tax cut nearly universally opposed by economists and driving the debt up at a historic rate.

"Mr. Thune, if you are so concerned with the US national debt, why did you vote for the 2018 tax cut that the CBO estimated would dramatically increase the US debt while reducing revenue generation?"

And then when he tries to say, "WE ARE THE ONES ASKING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!!!" just sit in silent until he answers.

I'm done with this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And on schedule, Republicans who have spent the past four years driving up the debt faster than any president in history (I believe), suddenly remember that debts and deficits exist again and that they're all the fault of Democrats.

Seriously, I want folks like Yellen to not entertain that bullshit and remind them that the blew up the debt with a pointless tax cut nearly universally opposed by economists and driving the debt up at a historic rate.

"Mr. Thune, if you are so concerned with the US national debt, why did you vote for the 2018 tax cut that the CBO estimated would dramatically increase the US debt while reducing revenue generation?"

And then when he tries to say, "WE ARE THE ONES ASKING QUESTIONS HERE!!!!!!" just sit in silent until he answers.

I'm done with this bullshit.
    Yes. It took me this long in my life or voting lifetime to really, really tell Republicans to kick rocks. I knew it was bullcrap, but I became WOKE this time really on never even having a legit discussion with anybody who brings this up.

I just hope the Dems have the balls to never cave. On this I wish we have enough well informed voters not to fall for this shit; this is a long shot of course.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Good this needs to happen so that we can have a huge backlash and people actually take this "independent contractor" garbage seriously when it starts to creep up the income ladder and make it fucking against labor laws.
    California made the Gig-economy enshrined in State Constitutional Law. There won't be pushback, people will be too busy grinding like slaves not to starve to have much time to think about politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Senator John Thune (R-SD) tells Janet Yellen he is concerned about the "massive amount of debt that we continue to rack up" and says "we seem to have no concern" about it

Thread of these in the link.

But mehhhh deficit!

Seriously any of Biden's cabinet nominees should tell them to "piss off". They are not going to vote for them anyways so insult these mofo's. Just shove it in their face about the $2 trillion tax cuts, reckless spending by Trump and his trade policies, etc. Really need to fight these hypocrites. Yellin and most are establishment and will try to answer the questions with some logic but eff that.
    7.9 trillion in 4 years....but....nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

its almost like 3.99 years ago we predicted this very thing if democrats took back the wh/senate
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    California made the Gig-economy enshrined in State Constitutional Law. There won't be pushback, people will be too busy grinding like slaves not to starve to have much time to think about politics.
    You mean the people of California voted it in themselves against the recommendation and previous legislation passed by the state government. Don't try to "weehhhh evil neoliberals running things in Sacramento" it.

I would have thought from all your crowing about Brexit that this "clear exercise of democracy" would be right up your alley, rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You mean the people of California voted it in themselves against the recommendation and previous legislation passed by the state government. Don't try to "weehhhh evil neoliberals running things in Sacramento" it.

I would have thought from all your crowing about Brexit that this "clear exercise of democracy" would be right up your alley, rofl.
    I'm at a loss on how we let that one go through, I don't know anyone who was voting for it and I know at least a few conservative people. It's shameful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I'm at a loss on how we let that one go through, I don't know anyone who was voting for it and I know at least a few conservative people. It's shameful.
    Simple; Uber and Doordash absolutely flooded Facebook and similar sites with propaganda, to say nothing of the disinformation campaigns targeting Spanish speakers (ironic to mention in a thread where Theo’s claiming multiculturalism doesn’t exist or w/e) claiming that not voting for Prop 22 would lead to mass unemployment, etc.

It’s another micro Brexit event, in essence.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucktons of idiots, everywhere you look.

I'm not too thrilled with our props, they'll destroy worker rights as soon as they can, but what about ending daylight savings? We voted on that shit too! Fucking legislators...
    Last edited by draynay; 2021-01-20 at 12:12 AM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Fucktons of idiots, everywhere you look.

I'm not too thrilled with our props, they'll destroy worker rights as soon as they can, but what about ending daylight savings? We voted on that shit too! Fucking legislators...
    We voted on the ability for them to do it, not directly for them to do it. It's stupid...

I'm at a loss on how we let that one go through
    I'm not. It went through because those companies spent, by a wide margin, literally more money than had ever been spent on a ballot measure pushing their propaganda in favor of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I'm not. It went through because those companies spent, by a wide margin, literally more money than had ever been spent on a ballot measure pushing their propaganda in favor of it.
    It's still disappointing that more people couldn't see through it. Money isn't always the deciding factor in elections, it didn't have to be for this one. Part of me wonders how much it was impacted by COVID, harder to spread word of mouth when you're not talking to people.

Uh oh, get ready for the first "Dijon Mustard"-type outrage...

Biden Has a Peloton Bike. That Raises Issues at the White House.

The article itself is a bit tongue-in-cheek and I'm almost convinced it's a bit of a troll, but I 100% expect there to be some form of blowback from some false actors trying to claim it's either a huge security risk (compared to, say, the entirety of the Trump administration) or an example of the 1% coastal elites with items that prove they're too good for the "common man".

Man it's going to be nice going back to these non-issues again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

The article itself is a bit tongue-in-cheek and I'm almost convinced it's a bit of a troll, but I 100% expect there to be some form of blowback from some false actors trying to claim it's either a huge security risk (compared to, say, the entirety of the Trump administration) or an example of the 1% coastal elites with items that prove they're too good for the "common man".

Chuck Todd's already started getting the vapors so you know nature is healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    “If Biden doesn’t personally hand deliver vaccinations to individuals he’s a failure.” - Chuck Todd in 3 weeks.
    Lou Dobbs tomorrow: "Biden didn't suck Trump off and film it before the inauguration, as is tradition, so Biden isn't president."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

All I know with this is that in one day Biden is going to get more exercise than Trump had during his entire presidency (Let's face it Trump Golfing is barely exercise)

I haven't been this excited about the inauguration since Obama: Year 1. Not even Clinton year 1 was this exciting and was on the heels of one of the most miserable extended periods of history I lived through.

Okay, Joe. Let's do it.

My main qualm is that Zwift with a smart trainer is a superior indoor bike training system. Also, this quote from article is retarded:
    The company, which did not respond to a request for comment, has also been accused of catering too much to white people. In an opinion piece for NBC News in May, the writer David Kaufman, who is Black, said Peloton needs “a racial rethink,” adding, “My most segregated hours feel like the hours I spend each week on my Peloton.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    My main qualm is that Zwift with a smart trainer is a superior indoor bike training system. Also, this quote from article is retarded:
    https://twitter.com/kaufmandavidnyc/...788035?lang=en

Seems like a hot take

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Who the fuck made that article?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I haven't been this excited about the inauguration since Obama: Year 1. Not even Clinton year 1 was this exciting and was on the heels of one of the most miserable extended periods of history I lived through.

Okay, Joe. Let's do it.
    Hopefully his team is analyzing the Israeli vaccine numbers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/israel-wa...124313138.html

Title: Israel is warning that a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine is 'less effective than we hoped' against COVID-19, and it could be a blow to the US and UK strategies

Excerpts:

Pfizer says that a single dose of its vaccine is about 52% effective, while getting a second dose makes it around 95% effective.

According to Israel, the single dose appears to only be around 33% effective, a significant loss.
    52% is noticeably less than the 60% number I had seen earlier. 33% means the second one is crucial, and that people with 1 vaccine need to continue masks and social distancing just as if they did not have the vaccine.

I suspect that the mutations are giving the virus partial immunity versus the vaccine. The 60% was correct at the time, down to 52% after a smallish virus mutation, and now that Israel has an even more mutated virus even further down to 33%. Americans may suffer from virus fatigue, but if we don't just suck it up we could have not just a lot more cases and deaths, but an astronomically high number. And the longer this takes to get under control, the more damage that is done to our economy.