10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The cynic in me say Mossad will "deal" with an event to make us all grateful for this push towards a more totalitarian stare.
    Yes, Mossad will release more sharks into the Red Sea to attack tourists and ruin the tourism industry of Egypt and Jordan, so we get more tourists and hence funds to fund the government bullshit.

Some people are worse than C19 conspiracy theorists, when it comes to Israel.

---

What happened is a negative development that we will rectify with the next government, once this one is out and it will be out in a year or two. I do hope, however, that this won't be signed into law so fast, to open the way for compromise.

This law will open a path to 2 laws intended to be passed next in Winter, one of which will give the government more power to elect Supreme Court judges.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mo...tlook-cfcb6ba8

At least one major investment bank has bought into Bidenomics.

President Joe Biden’s Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act has seeped into the domestic economy, “driving a boom in large-scale infrastructure,” wrote Ellen Zentner, chief U.S. economist for Morgan Stanley, in a research note out late last week. Plus, she wrote, “manufacturing construction has shown broad strength.”

As a result Morgan Stanley now projects 1.9% economic expansion in the first half of this year. That’s nearly four times the bank’s previous 0.5% forecast for growth in gross domestic product in the first half of 2023.

Infrastructure spending signed into law in 2021 marked an early legislative win for a president handed only a slim majority in Congress upon his election over then-incumbent Republican Donald Trump in November 2020. It was followed up by another legislative banner for the incumbent: the Inflation Reduction Act, a climate-change- and healthcare-focused spending bill signed into law about a year ago. Many of the incentives in the laws are tied to domestic manufacturing and require U.S. hiring, sometimes at the expense of less-expensive or readily available goods from abroad.

As a result of these economic lifts, the Morgan Stanley MS, +0.70% analysts more than doubled their original estimate for GDP growth in the fourth quarter, to 1.3% from 0.6%. And they nudged up their forecast for GDP in 2024 by a tenth of a percentage point, to 1.4%.

“The narrative behind the numbers tells the story of industrial strength in the U.S,” Zentner wrote.
    CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS THE BIDENOMICS TRAIN DON'T HAVE NO BRAKES, GET THE FUCK ON

or something, I dunno. I'm just laughing at how badly "Bidenomics" continues to blow up in the faces of Republicans.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Holy shit, we're really gonna dodge a recession? That's fucking awesome. And of course, Republicans will refuse to acknowledge it, or if they do, they'll claim that it's still way worse than it would be if they were in charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Holy shit, we're really gonna dodge a recession? That's fucking awesome. And of course, Republicans will refuse to acknowledge it, or if they do, they'll claim that it's still way worse than it would be if they were in charge.
    “Clearly, Trump’s America-first policies are paying off, despite Biden and the woke Democrat’s attempts to ruin it”

Or some such drek.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2023-07-25 at 02:33 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"Bidenomics: It's recession-proof"

You're welcome, Democrats. Please make sure my check is in the mail by the end of the week.

Fox News host Emily Compagno on Hunter Biden: "To watch that smug face go in and out of a courtroom, we all know people who served time for so much less. I know a woman on chemo, who didn’t get a misdemeanor... Help viewers understand why they should be outraged!

Vid embedded.

Best part of this in this segment Fox is about:

1. Gun Control.
    2. Health Care
    3. Prison Reform
    4. Justice reform.
    5. Oh corruption by proxy of children of politics.

Once more if Hunter did this shit he should get no leniency and definitely not protection from elite political power

Full vid if you dare watch.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Fox News host Emily Compagno on Hunter Biden: "To watch that smug face go in and out of a courtroom, we all know people who served time for so much less. I know a woman on chemo, who didn’t get a misdemeanor... Help viewers understand why they should be outraged!

Vid embedded.

Best part of this in this segment Fox is about:

1. Gun Control.
    2. Health Care
    3. Prison Reform
    4. Justice reform.
    5. Oh corruption by proxy of children of politics.

Once more if Hunter did this shit he should get no leniency and definitely not protection from elite political power

Full vid if you dare watch.

What's funny, is that they keep claiming that other people have gone to prison for the same thing. Problem is, no one can show anyone having the same situation. They point to Little Wayne or Kodak Black, both of which were felons that tried to lie on a gun permit. This is Hunter Biden's first offense.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    What's funny, is that they keep claiming that other people have gone to prison for the same thing. Problem is, no one can show anyone having the same situation. They point to Little Wayne or Kodak Black, both of which were felons that tried to lie on a gun permit. This is Hunter Biden's first offense.
    I mean they can show plenty of similar examples. They're just being dishonest about it.

They're blaming it on political interference because Biden.

It's literally just bog-standard systemic problems with our justice/criminal system, simple as that. And many of them paying attention to these kinds of things for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Plus, the issues with the plea deal? Biden's legal team and the prosecutors understood it differently. The prosecutors were essentially trying to pull a sneaky; the proposed plea deal was implied but not overtly stated that it would end the investigations, but prosecutors were fully intending to continue investigating for further crimes even after this plea deal was accepted.

Also, the nature of plea deals is that you get less/easier time than you would if you insisted on a trial. Less than the minimum for your crime is literally what plea deals are about. It's a benefit you're offered for the sake of ending all this now and saving the court's time. Complaining about that just demonstrates that you're an idiot who doesn't understand the legal system, unless you're trying to argue that all cases should always go to court, no plea deals ever. Then you're just an incredibly silly person.

The US economy grew at a faster-than-expected 2.4% in the second quarter as labor market resilience underpinned consumer spending

US gross domestic product rose 2.4% in the second quarter, ahead of 1.8% consensus estimate
    As a pessimist this is the one thing our single brain cell Americans care about. Now the problem is this doesn't reflect on most Americans who are struggling and it's a whole year away which might be the boom before the bust.

As usual Dems always do the least possible in promoting their accomplishments. That Bidenomics bullshit and Biden creaking around like a corpse doesn't get the crowd excited. Trump would boast and lie so much about this accomplishment. Trumpkins are built different and take the lies.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    sip
    Emily at Fox News

"Look at the smug face.....that wide smile....what a piece of shit....so handsome...that asshole....I slid into his DMs and he never replied....Have you guys seen the size of his cock....gawd...what a smug piece of shit. I have the pics of his cock right here on my phone. Do you guys want to see it? It's sooooo big....Why won't he answer my DMs. What a piece of shit....Hunter! Hunter! Baby! Answer my DMs ....That asshole."

The entire GOPs relationship with Hunter Biden in a nutshell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    The judge questioning the plea deal has me genuinely confused.

Is she concerned that the prosecution said they are continuing investigations on Hunter Biden even tho there's a deal?
    Is she concerned that the plea deal is too generous?
    As a Trump appointee, is she pulling shenanigans to get this private matter even more in the public eye?
    If Hunter Biden has a big dick, does that mean Joe Biden does too?
    The plea deal is bad for republicans. Why? Because it means that no one will be talking about it in fairly short order. it'll fade into public perception as "I think Hunter Biden showed his dick or something about a laptop or... Ukraine maybe? I dunno, but he's walking free and clear" while the news is spamming the latest headlines about the developments in the numerous Trump indictments.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2023-07-28 at 02:39 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Is she concerned that the prosecution said they are continuing investigations on Hunter Biden even tho there's a deal?
    As a Trump appointee, is she pulling shenanigans to get this private matter even more in the public eye?
    So best I understood it is there were two issues -

One of Biden's lawyers teams "may have" misrepresented who she was when calling up a court clerk regarding an amicus brief that was submitted by a Republican. Bit of a no-no, but Biden's team blamed it on a miscommunication and I think that's where it seemed to end.

Second bit was just some language in the deal that IIRC could have potentially precluded him from subsequent prosecution on other issues that was unintended and cleaned up.

Nothing so sensational as much of it seemed to be made out to be.

Hunter and the prosecutor signed a contract, its going to be hard to get out of it. Especially if the contract shows that there can't be further charges, even though they are still for some reason investigating.

The way you know a major recession isn't coming is that everyone thinks one is coming. I maybe wrong but I have never seen a recession that was predicted and occurred as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Biden!
    Tanks Obama!
    Thanks Clinton!
    For savinng one of my favorite places from; Big Timber, Mormon Extremists, and Greater Idaho nitwits.

Appellate Court Upholds Expanded Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument

The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals today affirmed the legality of an expansion of the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument made by President Obama in 2017, reversing a lower court decision that threw the Monument’s boundaries into doubt.
    This federal court ruling joins a victorious ruling from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in April that also declared the monument expansion lawful.
    “This lawsuit attempted to rob Oregonians and all Americans of a biological treasure that deserves permanent protection,” said Kristen Boyles, attorney with Earthjustice. “Appeals courts in D.C. and Seattle have now upheld Monument expansion, rejecting every single one of the timber industry’s arguments.”

The Monument was first designated in 2000 under the Antiquities Act as an ecological wonder known for its incredible diversity of species. The court decision today again confirms protection of these special federal lands and is a major victory for the Monument and the spectacular variety of plants, fish, and wildlife that depend on the Monument’s ecological integrity.
    In upholding the Monument expansion and its protections, the appellate court in D.C. found that, “The goal of the O&C Act, then, was to ‘provide conservation and scientific management for this vast Federal property…’ and the Monument’s expansion is itself consistent with sustained yield forestry.”

“The Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument is a great gift to present and future generations,” said Dave Willis, Soda Mountain Wilderness Council chair and long-time Monument advocate. “We’re very glad this unanimous Court saw fit to not let logging companies take any of this gift away.”

Home / General / Timber Industry Loses Again
    Timber Industry Loses Again
    BY ERIK LOOMIS / ON JULY 28, 2023 / AT 10:29 AM / IN GENERAL163 VIEWS

The Northwest timber industry cannot move past 1993. The spotted owl issue did not break the industry–there are still tons and tons of trees logged, but with fewer people because the industry is so automated now. What the owl and ancient forest campaigns did do, was bring the culture wars into rural Oregon and Washington in a visceral way.
    For National Monuments, most of the attention on the right-wing backlash has been in Utah where the exteremist Mormons who live in southeastern Utah and hate the tribes has brought massive resistance. Culminating wit Trump decimating those monuments and Biden simply bringing them back. But of all the massive national monument expansion in the nation over the last three decades, the second most controversial has been the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument in southern Oregon. Which protects some significant old growth forests. The timber industry and the rural people of southern Oregon have loathed this from day one and really wanted Trump to get rid of it. Thankfully these people were not glamourous enough for Trump to support. "Go rake leaves", in his words.
    Government Affiliated Snark

https://newrepublic.com/post/174747/...space-command-

President Joe Biden will keep the U.S. Space Command headquarters in Colorado, instead of moving it to Alabama as his predecessor wanted, a move many fear will aggravate ongoing political debate.

Days before he left office, Donald Trump announced that Spacecom headquarters would move to Alabama, bragging he was “single-handedly” responsible for the state’s selection. The Biden White House ordered multiple reviews—both of the process that led to Trump’s decision and a review of that first review—to determine whether the move was politically motivated.

Although no improper political influence was found, Biden has decided to keep Spacecom in Colorado, senior U.S. officials told the AP on Monday, speaking anonymously. The officials said the head of Spacecom, General James Dickinson, successfully argued to the president that moving the headquarters would jeopardize military readiness.
    Biden still prioritizes military readiness over political messaging. I doubt any part of this was "payback" for Tommy Tuberville holding up hundreds of routine military promotions and all, but it's a nice coincidental middle finger to that asshole all the same.

Look at that, though. Normal stuff! Having formal reviews instead of spur-of-the-moment decisions! Respecting processes! Wild!

15+ Year Old Account
    BIG BIDEN CORRUPTION SCANDAL REVEALED

When Biden's son got cancer and died, his communications with Hunter and other members of his family picked up. He must have been communicating BIGLY CORRUPT DEALS with them!

In all seriousness, the inquiry was a huge shit show. There's a reason these inquiries happen behind closed doors. Because Republicans trying to dig into "Democrat corruption" always ends up with egg on their faces.

Just screaming lies without scrutiny is how they get their followers to believe alternate realities. When those lies demand evidence, they fold under pressure of a system that demands material proof.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "Days before he left office, Donald Trump announced--"
    Hey, I found your problem, Alabama. Turns out, Trump didn't care about you enough to actually take care of the project himself. He intentionally gave it to Biden, who you voted against.

If you wanted Trump to do something, you should have withheld payment (votes) until he provided. What kind of idiot expects Trump to fulfill a contract he's obligated to?

15+ Year Old Account
    So Republicans are arguing that even though Hunter Biden did not talk to his dad about business at all, the fact that Hunter Biden could call Joe Biden, and have Joe Biden pick up the phone, was Hunter Biden's way of demonstrating that he had direct access the VP of the US, and thus somehow proves he was influence peddling.

These people are unhinged if they believe a dad picking up the phone from his son means dirty business.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"