Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Apparently "Bidenomics" is failing, because 60% of people in America live paycheck to paycheck, according to Republicans. A shocking and truly horrifying chain of events. Over HALF of Americans living in such a way? Truly a disgusting failure, and something must be done to improve it!

Hmmm? What's that? It was... worse? It was 70% in 2022? And 80% in 2019? So that means it's getting better under Biden? "Bidenomics" are working? Well golly gee willikers, who could have ever expected this?!

Let's just hope that trend continues. If we can get to 50% and lower, that'd be pretty damn sweet. I, certainly, would like to have some more significant savings and to finish paying off all my debt.
    I don't why but Republicans have this impenetrable shield on economics and the miliary. Others have posted the past 40 years of Dems vs Republicans on economy. We always talk and almost meme about how Republicans eff up the economy and Democrats fix it. Yet, the public is brainwashed that you yell less taxes, deregulation and let the rich eff the common man it's great.

In the most ironic way when 2008 happened and Obama saw a recovering economy and eventually strong economy he passed this onto Trump. Now unlike Obama, Trump with no shame, took all the credit. Covid happened and Trump possibly got out of it without a scratch. Likely losing cause he was too inept on Covid and stupidly told people not to vote by mail.

If Trump wins and many IF's here, but he will again inherit a strong economy, brag about it. Likely just give tax cuts to rich and most will say Trump did well on the economy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I don't why but Republicans have this impenetrable shield on economics and the miliary. Others have posted the past 40 years of Dems vs Republicans on economy. We always talk and almost meme about how Republicans eff up the economy and Democrats fix it. Yet, the public is brainwashed that you yell less taxes, deregulation and let the rich eff the common man it's great.

In the most ironic way when 2008 happened and Obama saw a recovering economy and eventually strong economy he passed this onto Trump. Now unlike Obama, Trump with no shame, took all the credit. Covid happened and Trump possibly got out of it without a scratch. Likely losing cause he was too inept on Covid and stupidly told people not to vote by mail.

If Trump wins and many IF's here, but he will again inherit a strong economy, brag about it. Likely just give tax cuts to rich and most will say Trump did well on the economy.
    The short answer is Republican fuckery. Google "two Santa Clauses."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The short answer is Republican fuckery. Google "two Santa Clauses."
    Meh it's difficult for me. I never want to give Dems any slack. I am critical of them them since all we have is a 2 party system and they stand for at least some I can get behind. I guess my comment on Republicans, which I believe, is me understanding the difficult positions I suppose Democrats are behind.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump challenges Biden to debates.

I’d like to call for, immediately, debates.

I’d like to debate him now because we should debate. We should debate for the good of the country.
    Biden handled it perfectly.

Well, if I were him, I’d want to debate me too. He’s got nothing else to do.
    As a reminder, Trump skipped every single 2023 RNC debate. For him to make this challenge is on-brand hypocrisy. Biden's refusal to even humor it with a "no" is also perfect. Trump will have his chance, at the usual venues, just like in 2020. Biden owes him nothing and is kind of busy running the country.

"Won't this make Biden look like a coward?"

No. First of all, Trump made this challenge on some nothing podcast. I'm surprised CNBC even saw it. Second of all, everyone knows Biden owes Trump nothing. Trump is asking for a special favor and there's nothing in their timeline to suggest Biden's that charitable to dumbasses. Third of all, the people who would label Biden a coward for this are already Trump cultists. At best, everyone else will laugh and forget the story in ten minutes.

"Breccia, you keep saying Trump loses every debate he's ever in. Why wouldn't Biden pounce on this and demolish him in public?"

Well again, he's kinda busy running the free world. But the news from Trump world gets worse and worse for Trump by the day, sometimes by the hour. Of course Trump would want to swap games to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League when his only other game is Ride to Hell: Retribution. Trump has a history of thinking there's no such thing as bad press, he's wrong, but he'd love the opportunity for someone to give him money and time to get free advertising that only makes him look bad instead of felonious.

Expect these challenges to continue. Expect Biden not to care. Trump is in a situation where Biden has better things to do and can just laugh him off.

EDIT: Oh, look, FOX News covered it. You know what that means *ding*

With Trump holding a commanding lead in the GOP primary, the outlook for general election debates is uncertain. The Republican National Committee withdrew from the Commission on Presidential Debates in 2022, and Trump himself has called the organization "corrupt."

"They’re totally corrupt. They’re totally Democrat-leaning, that’s being nice when I use the word leaning," Trump said in December, according to NBC News. "They are totally corrupt, and they’re terrible. With that being said, I would do 20 debates even if it was organized by them. I’ll do as many debates as they want. I’d do a debate every night with this guy. But he’ll never show up to a debate."

Trump's newfound willingness to debate comes after he flatly rejected calls to debate his challengers in the GOP primary race.

Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, the sole remaining challenger to Trump, participated in multiple debates with other candidates while Trump was absent.

Trump and his campaign argue that his massive lead in GOP polls freed him of any obligation to debate distant challengers.
    Man, it's bad when even FOX News is calling Trump out for his hypocrisy.

Oh, and as for the evidence that the CPD is corrupt? Trump has never offered any. As per usual, "they don't let me lie unchallenged" is considered unfair.

There are three dates/venues lined up, mid-Sept on. I'm sure Biden will show up. Trump is a horrible debater, and is already planting the "I lost because it's rigged" idea, but he'll show up, too. As much as he knows he'll get his ass kicked, he'll lose even more if he makes a big stink about debating Biden then hides like a coward pussy, probably on Hannity's show.

Biden made the right call. If Trump is going to act like a spoiled screaming toddler, treat him like one.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2024-02-06 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Biden made the right call. If Trump is going to act like a spoiled screaming toddler, treat him like one.
    Lets also add that Biden debating Trump would legitimize Trump as the Republican candidate, and add weight to the argument that Trump should be kept on the ballot as a valid candidate for President.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Lets also add that Biden debating Trump would legitimize Trump as the Republican candidate, and add weight to the argument that Trump should be kept on the ballot as a valid candidate for President.
    Basically, Dark Brandon is treating Donald like Donald treated the rest of the Republican primary challenges and continues to treat Nimarata Haley. It's pretty fun.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lls-rcna137499

Investigators traced the source of the call to Life Corporation, a Texas telecom marketing company, Formella said, adding that it appeared to be owned by a man named Walter Monk. Formella declined to comment on the potential motivations behind the call, political or otherwise, nor did he say much about the company or its owner.

“We are confident this is the source of the calls,” Formella said, adding that the company has been “involved” with the Federal Communications Commission at one point.

Formella's office sent Life Corporation a cease and desist letter on Tuesday, ordering the company to stop "any further conduct" that could be voter suppression under state law.

Limited information is readily available online about Monk or Life Corporation, and the company does not appear to have a website. On LinkedIn, Walter Monk lists himself as a Dallas-based entrepreneur and the owner or chief technology officer of two other communications companies.

The owner of the LinkedIn profile did not immediately respond to a request for comment from NBC News.

In 2003, the FCC issued an official citation to Life Corporation and more than a dozen alias company names for making “prerecorded unsolicited advertisements to residential telephone lines" in violation of federal telecom law.

The alias companies named in the citation appear to include dating businesses with names like “The Dating Game” and “Single Stars.” Another appeared to offer psychic services — “Psychic Inroads” — and several others had names similar to major financial firms or credit card processors, such as “Fidelity Checks, Inc.” and “Midwest Card Services.”

In a 2022 interview with a Fort Worth, Texas trade publication, Monk's age is listed as 69 and he is cited as the founder of a political polling company that employs 30 people. A search of Federal Election Commission data found no payments to a firm of that name.

A search of political contributions from Monk turns up a single $5,000 check from 2008, plus another $5,000 on the same day from a person who appears to Monk’s wife, to a mysterious political group called PLR PAC. The group, known as a 527 for the portion of the tax code that governs it, appears to have spent nearly all of the $65,673 it raised on independent expenditures in support of then-Republican presidential candidate John McCain. There is little other trace of the group beyond that.

Formella cited another company, Lingo Telecom, also of Texas, as involved in the robocalls, as well as some companies he did not name, but declined to go into detail about their connection to calls.

New Hampshire officials, who are working hard to protect their first-in-the-nation primary after the Democratic National Committee tried to end it, took the issue seriously and the state attorney general’s office announced an investigation hours after NBC News first reported on the fake Biden robocalls.

Formella said his office received “multiple complaints” and is working on the case with the FCC, an anti-robocall coalition of all 50 state attorneys general, and a telecom industry trade group that conducts call traces for law enforcement and others.

“Our message is clear,” Formella said, “Law enforcement across the country is unified on a bi-partisan basis and ready to work together to combat any attempt to undermine our elections. We are committed to keeping our elections free, fair and secure.”

With AI a growing concern not just in politics, the FCC last month moved to criminalize most AI-generated robocalls.

“Don’t try it,” Formella said. “If you do...the consequences for your actions are severe.”
    Damn, so New Hampshire AG (Republican, which matters IMO), may have found the source of the fake Biden robocalls.

It's a shady as fuck company in Texas that's been in trouble before and seems like it should be investigated fore being fake as fuck and for consistently breaking the law. Weird it's consistently right wing assholes and outfits that are engaged in these robocall scam? Like, almost every fucking time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Without the debates, how many "Town Halls" will the GOP investors at CNN gift to mistah Trump?
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...lls-rcna137499 Damn, so New Hampshire AG (Republican, which matters IMO), may have found the source of the fake Biden robocalls. It's a shady as fuck company in Texas that's been in trouble before and seems like it should be investigated fore being fake as fuck and for consistently breaking the law. Weird it's consistently right wing assholes and outfits that are engaged in these robocall scam? Like, almost every fucking time?
    NH....note; "free-staters." Bunch of foolish...libertarian wannabes..might/might not be connected...

New Hampshire officials, who are working hard to protect their first-in-the-nation primary after the Democratic National Committee tried to end it, took the issue seriously and the state attorney general’s office announced an investigation hours after NBC News first reported on the fake Biden robocalls
    Thats an awfully strange way to describe a primary that, currently, doesn’t count for the DNC (The first primary was SC last Saturday), but that party and PAC orgs nonetheless organized a write-in campaign for Biden (to spare embarrassment). The Democrats successfully stripped New Hampshire of its first in the nation primary by telling that state that even if they hold it in defiance of their changed calendar, they won’t seat their delegates at the convention.

Biden’s name didn’t appear on the ballot expressly because the DNC made it meaningless and party rules prevented it. Article is faulty for saying the “DNC tried to end it,” as they always only had the option of refusing to count it, but not the power to force the state not to hold one.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Thats an awfully strange way to describe a primary that, currently, doesn’t count for the DNC
    That's an interesting way to say "it's not a crime because nobody got hurt".

It's also false. It's an excellent way to describe an investigation into a crime, especially an election crime. I would expect Trump supporters to want law enforcement go to after election crimes? They sure sounded like they hated election fraud before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is "BIDEN DIDN'T GET PROPERLY PRIMARIED!" going to be the nontroversy that MAGA runs with into the election year? Since their border bluff got called they've lost that issue to get their voters fired up, so now it seems like they're going to try to cook as much controversy about Biden as they can, forgetting that they failed to do that in 2020.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Is "BIDEN DIDN'T GET PROPERLY PRIMARIED!" going to be the nontroversy that MAGA runs with into the election year?
    I hope so, Trump didn't either. It would turn the nontroversy into a negaversy.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's just funny to watch resident conservatives get their panties in a twist over the DNC primaries.

We KNOW they don't give two shits about the DNC primary except as political ammunition against Biden. In 2020 every candidate that ran against Trump in the primary got tons of hate from the MAGA base and stepped down to kiss Trump's ring. Also, conservatives are the last people I want to hear about "democracy". They've shown clear and open disdain for it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    WaPo reports that the upcoming report on the Biden document case will be critical, but no charges will be filed.

"What? Why not?"

Because Biden made a mistake and immediately fixed it. He did not obstruct justice.

"This is biased and rigged!"

The investigation was started by John Lausch, and then Special Counsel Robert Hur. Both served under Trump.

I recently had the opportunity to visit the JFK Presidential Library, and it's a pretty cool experience. Beautiful views from the main atrium area, great exhibits, easily worth a visit if you're ever in Boston. The most striking thing relative to modern politics were a couple of the permanent exhibits, one on the Kennedy-Nixon debates and the other on the Kennedy press conferences. Listening to Kennedy and Nixon debate, you can't help but have a sense of loss for how formidable the two speakers are - young, sharp, knowledgeable about the issues, arguing vociferously for their positions without the evasiveness you see in most modern debates. Then the press conferences - Kennedy is just remarkable there, a force of personality, brightness, policy expertise, and engagement with the media.

Watching things like this just makes you sad. That there are so few people willing to admit that this shouldn't be how things are is worse still. Maybe in 2028 we'll have a shot at having an actually lucid President instead, but no matter what happens in the upcoming election, we're going to watch a President continue to slide into senility before our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    URL="https://twitter.com/deanbphillips/status/1754948258571407570"]Watching things like this just makes you sad.[/URL] That there are so few people willing to admit that this shouldn't be how things are is worse still. Maybe in 2028 we'll have a shot at having an actually lucid President instead...
    Still more lucid than the fucker he'll likely be running against.

Seriously, can this entire line of accusations just fucking die already? He's not senile, he has a stutter.

Seriously, can this entire line of accusations just fucking die already? He's not senile, he has a stutter.
    It's literally all they have. And the fact that they gasp and feign concern over his perceived "senility" while completely ignoring Trump's precipitous fall into likely dementia says all that needs to be said about their motives.

Still more lucid than the fucker he'll likely be running against.
    Yeah, I'm well aware that this is the response every time. I think if you reread my post, you'll notice that this is covered. Both candidates are just absolutely pathetic when compared to the 1960 election. That our country is willing to tolerate such embarrassments speaks volumes about expectation of diminished competence in American governance.

I didn't realize that stuttering made you think you'd just spoken to a guy that died decades ago though. That part is kind of weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Both candidates are just absolutely pathetic when compared to the 1960 election.
    The 1960 election where one young insecure racist debated against one young OCD sex fiend?

Arguably the only difference besides age is the insecure racist and sex fiend is the same person.

While I can fully understand and appreciate the disappointment, frustration, and far stronger emotions many Palestinian and Arab Americans feel with the current war in Gaza, this is objectively a fucking hilarious picture to me in so many ways and highlights how there are so many ultra-low information, or folks with extremely narrow focuses, participating in politics and such now.

Which is good in many ways, more participation is great. But is bad because we end up with participation like this which is objectively funny stuff. Some folks are so mad that they're threatening to make things worse...voluntarily rofl.