Shadowlands editions for brand new player?

I might be late to the party, but I just checked the battle.net store and the only edition that makes sense for a brand new player is the Epic edition isn't it? The Heroic edition doesn't even include 30 days game time which is very weird. A bit of a rant, but I find it quite expensive and I'm sure it turns off a lot of potential new players.

Depends on whether brand new players care about the level boost and cosmetic stuff. A 1 month subscription and the base edition is still 30% less than the epic edition, and it's not like you can't upgrade later.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Depends on whether brand new players care about the level boost and cosmetic stuff. A 1 month subscription and the base edition is still 30% less than the epic edition, and it's not like you can't upgrade later.
    Level boost is very important for brand new players who want to play with their friends at release so the choice is only between heroic/epic edition but the difference in price when you add game time doesn't make sense. There's only 1 option and it's the Epic edition in that scenario. I don't care about cosmetics but they don't offer an alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    Level boost is very important for brand new players who want to play with their friends at release so the choice is only between heroic/epic edition but the difference in price when you add game time doesn't make sense. There's only 1 option and it's the Epic edition in that scenario. I don't care about cosmetics but they don't offer an alternative.
    Levelling is very fast however, you'll be able to catch up in no time depending on how much time you invest. 10 to 50 is a weekend of playing, will also teach you the game basics a bit better.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Level boost is very important for brand new players who want to play with their friends at release
    well people who want to play with their friends at release and didnt want to spend money on higher edition could just buy gametime couple days before SL and level...
    if you take your time its 10-12 hours to level so even right now its doable... or your friends could help you level...

there are options, its lack of thinking and planing put into it by people thats problematic

Maybe before the leveling changes. Now it's just a nice bonus.

Going with the base edition is just fine.

It may be a little bit too late for your friend though if you planned to level with him and he didn't start yet.
    It's still doable for your friend to reach 50 by launch, there's still 28 hours till then, but he'd have to hardcore level.

Also, if you're talking about new players in general, there no off-putting when it comes to entry costs. In order to play the game, everything new players need is a subscription and they're able to level up to 50. If they decide to like the game, they buy the expansion and they're good.