View Poll Results: Will Blizzard announce the next WoW expansion at BlizzConline?

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • Yay!

2 1.31%
  • Nay!

151 98.69%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will the next WoW expansion be announced in February?

With BlizzCon 2021 taking place in February, do you think that's when Blizzard is going to announce the next WoW expansion, or do you think they'll announce it at Gamecon in the summer? I don't think that they're going to have a BlizzCon in the fall like they typically do.

No way. That's way too soon.

I thought BlizzConline was a substitute from BlizzCon 2020, not 2021

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feb is way way to early they usually announce an expac a year before the next xpac releases

I don't think they'll announce it untill late 2021 or early 2022.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I thought BlizzConline was a substitute from BlizzCon 2020, not 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Feb is way way to early they usually announce an expac a year before the next xpac releases
    So you guys think they're going to have another BlizzCon in the fall?

My father, who is the best friend of Blizzard's CEO and the mistress of Ion, told me they would annouce the next expansion this February

As in, could Shadowlands just be a year long with no patches? They haven't done that before, and unless they stop selling expansions individually from the sub or get rid of the sub I don't see that happening... without going over poorly, anyway.

I heard the next x-pac will be world of covidcraft, where you have quests to stay 2m away from everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Man i hope so! I've always watched the live streams every since they had them!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

To be honest, the world is too crazy now to predict what will happen in a year

You are funny... not very but still. No. BlizzcONline will feature some vague coming soon info like overarching themes for the 9.1/9.2/9.3 patches. If there is a 2021 4th Quarter show they'll probably announce it then. But depending on US Covid numbers we could see them continue to work from home through next year making February 2022 the first look at a new 10.0 expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

With BlizzCon 2021 taking place in February, do you think that's when Blizzard is going to announce the next WoW expansion, or do you think they'll announce it at Gamecon in the summer? I don't think that they're going to have a BlizzCon in the fall like they typically do.
    No, they don't announce the next expansion after the current one has only been out for 3 months...

What is this dumb topic?
    We won't hear about the next expansion until 2022.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Lol, no. They'll probably announce the first content patch for SL.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

No, of course they won't.

SL launches today. You won't get an announcement for the next expansion for like 1 year+
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    As in, could Shadowlands just be a year long with no patches? They haven't done that before, and unless they stop selling expansions individually from the sub or get rid of the sub I don't see that happening... without going over poorly, anyway.
    To be fair, they could announce the next expansion in February, and it still wouldn't release until late 2022.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they could announce the next expansion tomorrow, and the next expansion again in February rather

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No, they don't announce the next expansion after the current one has only been out for 3 months...

What is this dumb topic?
    We won't hear about the next expansion until 2022.

It'll be four months (it would have been 5 months if not for the delay), and Wrath was announced 6 months after the release of TBC.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-11-23 at 03:21 PM.

Expansion drops, expansion gets revealed a few months later? I sure hope you're just trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 months after they announced the last one? I wouldn't bet on it.. not even a pfennig

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.