Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    lol an hour ago i saw a screenshot of people already 59. weirdly they were doing old dungeons instead of campaign
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol an hour ago i saw a screenshot of people already 59. weirdly they were doing old dungeons instead of campaign
    old dungeons? which one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    old dungeons? which one?
    Freehold. Best way to 50-60

I find it extremely funny that people are still surprised by these issues on launch day. My whole guild expected this and all experienced the black screens, world server down, character missing, 5-10min login times with the high potential of dcing again if we're lucky enough to get in. If you are on a high pop server you can almost guarantee that day one will be a s-show. If everything goes smoothly, fantastic but you should never expect it to on day 1. If you do its just showing your nativity and ignorance to how it doesn't matter if you're a multimillion dollar company, issues WILL still happen when millions are trying to do the same thing at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    people need to stop with this armchair expert wannabie opinions,ion said they have THE BEST tech on the market,he legaly cant lie about that,they also have some of the best talent working for them,but at the end of the day things like this cant be helped with quality or experience,its the limitations of the tech that exists,also wow is really really old,that doesnt help....

you may be mistaking wow with some other crap 10000 player games you have played,wow has milions of people trying to log in at the same time
    Is that a sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    As someone who works in IT. Shit happens man. No matter how much prep you do and think things will be smooth shit inevitably happens. The best you can expect is that downtime will be short when/if it happens.
    Unexpected shit happens - yeah sure, you can't cover everything in the world. Repeatedly failing in same EXPECTED circumstances though is not "shit happened". It is "was not prepared properly".
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

I'm not sure whats going on with your servers, but I was able to log in and play right away, no dc, only a little lag loading in to org. Been one of the smoothest so far for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny fucking story, I got in on Area-52. Hearing Org was a lag fest, I didn't want to port directly there, as I was afraid of a loading screen disconnect. Finding myself in Icecrown, My plan was to fly to Howling Fjord, take the port to Undercity, fly south to Booty Bay, take the boat to Rachet, then fly to Org. In a drastic twist of irony, the Undercity loading screen got me. Lag was horrible. Everything I typed into guild chat took MINUTES to appear on screen. I don't know how Blizzard is going to get this playable tonight, but they better. Oh they better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkli83 View Post
    I find it extremely funny that people are still surprised by these issues on launch day. My whole guild expected this and all experienced the black screens, world server down, character missing, 5-10min login times with the high potential of dcing again if we're lucky enough to get in. If you are on a high pop server you can almost guarantee that day one will be a s-show. If everything goes smoothly, fantastic but you should never expect it to on day 1. If you do its just showing your nativity and ignorance to how it doesn't matter if you're a multimillion dollar company, issues WILL still happen when millions are trying to do the same thing at the same time.

Yeah, not exactly surprised, but I was ever hopeful that I'd get a chance to play.

Can't get on Illiderp, but I can get on other high pop servers just fine... fml.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    I logged in right at 6:00 pm EST and was able to play until like 45 minutes ago I stopped for a break. So 2 and a half hours of time in-game with no disconnects. I guess I was lucky 'cause maybe my server is on the low end. I am in the US Steamwheedle Cartel/Sentinels/Kirin Tor server cluster (these 3 are connected servers now). I also just got to Oribos and was about to go to Bastion.

I have on alts and friends that play on this server and it is very much a low pop cluster so I'm not surprised there weren't issues. I think its time Blizz offers free xfers off their high-pop realms, it seems ridiculous to force someone to pay money just so they can play the game during times like a launch. Area 52 has been a large realm since I've been on it but this is by far the worst launch I've personally experienced (played since TBC).

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Is that a sarcasm?

- - - Updated - - -

Unexpected shit happens - yeah sure, you can't cover everything in the world. Repeatedly failing in same EXPECTED circumstances though is not "shit happened". It is "was not prepared properly".
    its not sarcasm,its a fact

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Do you have sources for that? Never heard of that before.
    i could be mistaken but i think it was in the preach interview

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Freehold. Best way to 50-60
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    old dungeons? which one?
    Which will suck for them since they will still need to do the campaign in order to unlock everything. Don't even think you can skip the story on alts until you finish the campaign either. This expansion isn't like past ones where you hit cap and start max level stuff. You'll need to do the campaign in order to unlock most of the max level stuff.

[QUOTE=bullseyed;52830559]I agree with you 99%.

On the other hand, limit shards to 5 people. I don't give a shit if it makes the game look empty.

From what i heard most of the issues were form loging in,dunno if that can be sharder,i think they can just make artificial bottlenecks,and by doing so creates the same problem,delayes people

Just DC'd after trying to loot for 3 minutes, then got stuck at the loading screen for - so far - 12 minutes.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

15+ Year Old Account
    FWIW I've been logged in since about 4:30 PM CST and have played since it launched with no disconnects or issues, though when I first logged in I had one world server down error before getting in. The starting zone seems heavily sharded since about 40 people were in Org when the quest popped and on the other side I only saw a few.

if anyone thought this was going to be a clean release was fooling themselves.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

It is clean for EU, we have fairly good servers. Zero issues so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks for you guys who had a bad launch. I sat in Org for about an hour before launch...quest popped right on time...got the quest giver in one click..and played for a solid 3-4 hours without a hitch. Noticed my brother who lives on the other side of the mountains...about 65 miles away was constantly on line, off line from launch till just about half an hour ago when I saw him in Orgrimmar. Funny how things happen. I also got brave and logged off during the apparent shit show and got right back in....3 times in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's after midnight. My launch day consisted of a short, laggy flight from Icecrown to Howling Fjord. I don't know what that short update a few minutes ago was about, but it certainly wasn't to fix Area-52

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Had no problems other then a slight half second delay on looting every once in a while likely one of if not the smoothest launches.