Voters
789. This poll is closed
  • It's Shit

181 22.94%
  • It's lit

608 77.06%
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I haven't bought the game. However, this is kind of sad really. The game hasn't even been out a week, and over 22% voting are already calling it "shit".

Deff better then bfa but time will tell how it actually pans out

I played the end of BC all the way through to the start of Legion, only returned couple of months ago and I have to say I am seriously disappointed how gated conted became the rule in their game design.
    Blizzard lost their touch somewhere around Pandaria. There is no sense of world building and the need to ground us and make us run around everywhere just to lose some time and make us stay subbed for longer REALLY shows now, and it pisses me off greatly.
    At least design the content around flying (like in WOTLK or FF14) or remove it from the game. That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    i have the same feeling and i really can't explain it either.
    I think it is the lack of cool new features which you can unlock while you are progressing through the story. Also the story progression is pretty linear overall. There are no hidden paths to explore or anything like that. Also most weapons, armors etc. that you get through the story don't seem rewarding or special in any way.

I also find most of the armor sets pretty bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    I haven't bought the game. However, this is kind of sad really. The game hasn't even been out a week, and over 22% voting are already calling it "shit".
    How many of those didn't like the game before and still don't like it now, and are just unwilling to admit they no longer enjoy WoW after who knows how many years?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    For the people like myself, who aren't playing it. Is it any good?
    Yes, it is awesome. On the same level as Vanilla, Cataclysm, Draenor, BfA. It really breaks the cycle of good-bad expansions. At least so far.

At this point saying that it's better than BfA is pretty much the only possible answer. BfA at launch was horrible, even more so than WoD. So it's not an achievement that Shadowlands during launch is better than that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Levelled my Mage now through the story again to see what, if anything, I missed, and aside from finding Bastion even more offensive second time around I think it's pretty good. I think being so shocked by Bastion first time really distracted me on my first play through. I'm still not a fan of Maldraxxus, but I get what they're doing and I can see why it's not unpopular, it's just not to my taste. Found it a bit formulaic in the whole 'get these guys on side' questing.

Second time around I really liked Ardenweald, again first time after Bastion I found it too hard to give a shit about NPCs, but with fresher eyes and brain I could appreciate it more. Revendreth again is great, I'm all for gothic architecture and crazy vampires.

I just don't know what they were thinking with Bastion, and I hope they find some way to make the Kyrian less... deeply awful.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2020-11-28 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    MMOchamp doesn't require a WoW subscription to post. Most posters on this forum don't currently play the game and channel their nostalgia into hating the current version of the game, OR are hopeless addicts on a recurring 6 month sub who stopped liking the game a long time ago but can't quit. 22% is extremely good lol
    Last edited by Mightytasty; 2020-11-28 at 08:25 PM.

i didnt like leveling in bfa zones to max lvl, will i like sl?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    i didnt like leveling in bfa zones to max lvl, will i like sl?
    SL zones are linear and have a coherent story, so opposite of bfa.

Shadowlands is too good imho going to be hard to stop playing it atleast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yes, it is awesome. On the same level as Vanilla, Cataclysm, Draenor, BfA. It really breaks the cycle of good-bad expansions. At least so far.
    ...You think cataclysm, warlords of draenor, and bfa are good expansions??

I really like it so far and so do my guildies. Chill lunch with very straight forward things to do. Once all of torghast is unlocked and M+ is out it ll be even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m very much enjoying it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    ...You think cataclysm, warlords of draenor, and bfa are good expansions??
    Yes, they are good.

It's already better than BfA. I know that isn't a very high bar, but still.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

So far? Pretty lit. Zones look good apart from Maldraxxus, questing was surprisingly good overall, story is decent enough apart from the baggage leftover from Azeroth such as Sylvie, Torghast is great, the dungeons seem a good crop, Covenants are growing on me (perhaps because Condemn is so fun for Warriors), and the timegate on stuff really isn't so bad at all when most activities are fun.

Duds include WQs being boring as fuck and unrewarding, the new mission table which is more tedious than ever, the Maw in almost its entirety, and overly long travel times.

Obviously these are week 1 thoughts. Shadowlands will be remembered based on how it does long term. But so far it definitely leans towards the Mists/Legion side of good impressions rather than the Cata/BFA side.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Its shit, mark my words. There is literally nothing to do for developing your character.

All you need to really do is completing 2 renowns quests weekly and complete torghast once, everything else is just up to you and there is no real reward for completing it. There is seriously lack of content and even most of the story line is gated so far ahead of us.
    You can farm Anima, but once again, its useless cos research is gated by Souls.

I dont feel like this gonna be any good. Sorry boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Its shit, mark my words. There is literally nothing to do for developing your character.

All you need to really do is completing 2 renowns quests weekly and complete torghast once, everything else is just up to you and there is no real reward for completing it. There is seriously lack of content and even most of the story line is gated so far ahead of us.
    You can farm Anima, but once again, its useless cos research is gated by Souls.

I dont feel like this gonna be any good. Sorry boys.
    Many players (not all) see that as a good thing.

Instead of having a laundry list of daily/weekly chores to increase player power, many aspects of the game have become optional meaning we can spend more time doing the content we actually enjoy. For me, that's PvE Group content, for others, it's PvP.

All of the optional stuff like Rep, I can happily chip away at as and when I feel like it. Most likely during the downtime between Tiers.