Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bastion is like...

The better, and less annoying of the SL zones. What are you on?

5+ Year Old Account
    Between the super bland, boring story and NPCs, those annoying little owl things and its general Act 4 (from D3) vibe, I won't spend any more time there than it is strictly necessary. What a lame place - and yes, it's pretty, but it has very little else to show for it. Even the music makes me fall asleep... which is quite telling, since WoW's soundtracks have always been one of my favourite parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Why are you even playing the game at this point when you just said every single covenant theme is boring?
    Nice ad hominem there bro. Grats for not addressing the point you quoted in the slightest
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Yeah i decided so far im so bored i rather do my survey take that money and try new mmorpg or even just a normal game for once i think im just tired of my gameplay and the fact i been playing wow from the very first day it came out i doesnt help im 40 years old now either like i rather spend my time else where now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Can I ask, and I'm really curious here, why do you feel the need to write "Opinions and subjectivity and all that..." I know it's subjective. Everyone likes different things. Yes I'm complaining, but it's also a discussion. This forum would be pretty boring without dissenting opinions, no? I never said my opinion was fact. You write like I shouldn't have made the thread at all.
    Because there are plenty of people who do NOT take what's written as opinion or subjectivity. I do it to be "safe." This forum, as with any other online community, has it's fair share of lunatics, morons, etc... And I don't know you, so I covered my bases.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Having Finished all 4 I would say they each have pros and cons, for myself I think I would rank the zones Bast>Ard>Rev>Mal only poor part of bastion is the slower talking bits, but all the zones have that to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Why are you even playing the game at this point when you just said every single covenant theme is boring?
    Because this is a World I've been "living in" for almost 25 years (starting with Warcraft 2). It's a world I love, that turned more and more into something I can't recognize anymore.

Yes, things change, as they should, but when they change for the worst, I think it's important to aknowledge it and to show your dissatisfaction about it, even if it can't magically change things back to "normal".

Also, don't give me that "don't play the game then". I did that for a long time, but I have friends I like to meet ingame, among other reasons to come back to the game.
    Besides, I didn't see that many people immigrating from the US once Trump was elected, for instance. It's kinda the same thing : things have turned bad in a place you love, so you just clench your teeth and wait for it to pass, hoping for a better future.
    I know, the metaphor is kinda dumb, but it's the best I can do to explain how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    It's a discussion, not an attack on your very soul.
    haha i love how you add this disclaimer knowing the seething fanboys will come and get you.

i have been enjoying it so far but playing very slow, im less than half done. so far its been engaging for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bastion is a pastel colored hell with the impression of an evangelical bible camp or a conversion therapy center

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    i wanted to join the faction attacking Bastion
    This. I hate cultists.

5+ Year Old Account
    Horrible pacing. Frustratingly long NPC dialogue that you MUST listen to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I liked Bastion, I thought Maldraxxus was boring. It's a very subjective thing.
    Right, I enjoyed bastion and maldraxxus but Ardenweald was guhhh dragged on.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm only up to Ardenweald so far but I agree, I didn't enjoy Bastion as much as I thought I would.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Bastion was great for me. Maldraxxus, though...

15+ Year Old Account
    When they give you just "content" to chew you whine that there is no Lore, no role play etc..
    When they give you background stories, create new lore and immerse you with cutscenes and text even in wow you ..whine again

We are MC Raiders! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Syrah-the-Old-One View Post
    Bastion is a "holy" boring area
    Maldraxxus is a slightly less boring undead/warzone area
    Ardenweald is an elven fairyland borefest
    Revendreth is a slightly less boring edgy vampire/gothic zone
    The Maw is bland. Just bland.

So, basically, if you really look into it, Ardenweald and Bastion are "Alliance zones", and Maldraxxus and Revendreth are "Horde zones", thematically speaking. I wish they came up with something a little more original tbh.
    Wow, must be awesome to be you, being bored by everything. I kinda feel sorry for you, that you find it so hard to be entertained.

The zones are very different from one another, and yet you still think they are all boring and unoriginal? Can you give an example of "original" zone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan either. The colors in Bastion are all so pale and dull.. I expected something more akin to the High Heavens of Diablo.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I've only played Bastion so far. It felt like 70% RP, 20% travelling and 10% actually playing.

Never thought I'd long for the days of killing 10 of each type of bandit and collecting pristine bear arses for no fucking reason...
    I'm kinda with you on this one.
    I've only done like 1/3 of Bastion and honestly I am really tired of the story questline. I ended up walking off to find regular quests, which I did, and I am enjoying that a lot more than the on rails ones.

The zone is still gorgeous though and I love the little owl people.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Raging opinions

Couldn't disagree more. Just finished bastion on my first toon and it was an absolute slog. I'm not joining Bastion. I don't care about Bastion. I don't enjoy the blue man group cult storyline in any way at all. Outside of Callings and herb farming I plan to spend zero time there.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...it pretty much is all said at "different people like different things" and ppl take that as the point where they "strongly voice their opinion"

We had the complaint in another thread how "the maw is too much Diablo for my taste and Oribos is too much sci fi". So...what do ppl want? What is the middle ground here?

All I know is that when I was in the Maw intro, I thought what a cool zone it was. Let's see how I still like it when it is the "weekly chore" (but all in all...to keep with your initial post - I tend to keep that quote in mind: "If we gave players a hat that would grant them the perfect gameplay experience, they would still complain about the color of the hat")
    There is no middle ground with these people. For them it is, "Cater 100% to me, everyone else can suffer or leave.," attitude.