Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Will the campaign alone assure level 60?

I don't know if Blizzard committed to this as a design intention anywhere, it certainly wasn't the case mid-beta, but can anyone confirm if the campaign is, as of launch, on pace to be a minimalist but complete trip to 60? Out of paranoia I'm doing every side quest I see, but I just hit the point where I'm not far enough in the campaign to access the dungeons I've put on the board by virtue of my level, so it was finally time to ask this question of the masses and see if my paranoia is well founded.

Thanks in advance for any informed, helpful replies

depends on if you have wm on and its scaling in your region. With wm off the main campaign definatly wont get you there by itself.

I hit level 55 in Bastion doing every side quest I could as well. At this rate I'll hit max level in maldraxxus or Ardenweald.

Why not...ONLY play the campaign quests...and if you still need levels...go back and do some quests in your favorite zone?

Why afraid?
    Nothing can go wrong...in fact, the only way to go wrong is do too much side quests and u end up having to do the campaign even at max level.

No?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Why not...ONLY play the campaign quests...and if you still need levels...go back and do some quests in your favorite zone?

Why afraid?
    Nothing can go wrong...in fact, the only way to go wrong is do too much side quests and u end up having to do the campaign even at max level.

No?
    Just learned in another discussion that, at least for the first run through, side quests still green and grey out. That really should have been the question I led with, and now I have the answer.

Doing all the campaign will grant you 9.5 lvls with WM on and you will need to get 0.5 more lvls from extra quests or in dungeons
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I have WM on, I've done all side quests and both quest dungeons once and I hit level 58 during my 2nd venture into the Maw as part of the Maldraxxus campaign.

I'll hit 60 well before I finish the Ardenweald campaign even if I skip all side quests at this point. I can't even fathom how some people finish Revendreth without hitting 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

My wife and I both hit lol 55 and a bit after getting to mald, I imagine we will be 60 way before we finish the campaign unless xp drops like a stone. We don't use warmode either /shrug

Just play, don't overthink it too much. I very much doubt they tuned it for you to be completely OCD and complete absolutely everything just to get max level. That's never been the case in the past, i can't imagine it's the case now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite possibly, I'm coming to the end of Maldraxxus and 56 with WM off, done some (not many) side quests.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Just play, don't overthink it too much. I very much doubt they tuned it for you to be completely OCD and complete absolutely everything just to get max level. That's never been the case in the past, i can't imagine it's the case now.
    Well I just greened out the bastion dungeon quest while in bastion, so I think I'm ok to focus the story for a while. Mainly I wanted to see if they'd fixed the leveling flow as it was in beta, where you *could* almost completely focus the campaign all the way to revendreth, to 58, run out of non-grey side quests in most areas, and be stuck in two green dungeons for 2 levels. It was... a bit of a slog. They did some tweaking after that of course, but I hadn't played since that build, so I wanted to see how far they'd gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Just learned in another discussion that, at least for the first run through, side quests still green and grey out. That really should have been the question I led with, and now I have the answer.
    Ohhh right, my bad...the quests now turn yellow green grey just like old times...i forgot

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Well I just greened out the bastion dungeon quest while in bastion, so I think I'm ok to focus the story for a while. Mainly I wanted to see if they'd fixed the leveling flow as it was in beta, where you *could* almost completely focus the campaign all the way to revendreth, to 58, run out of non-grey side quests in most areas, and be stuck in two green dungeons for 2 levels. It was... a bit of a slog. They did some tweaking after that of course, but I hadn't played since that build, so I wanted to see how far they'd gone.
    Oh yeah, I saw that too. They nerfed xp needed by a lot, and then after the nerf I think went back and fine tuned it better.

Two guildies did literally nothing but the main campaign, not even harvesting nodes, and were two xp pips from dinging 60 when they finished Revendreth. So if you do any side content you'll hit max level before finishing the campaign. One hit 60 still in Ardenweald because she did everything.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say, so far I'm very impressed with both the XP curve from story-centric quests and the general lack of mandatory boar lung fetching. Count me a fan.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

No WM off here hit a wall only doing main quest in bastion at lvl 52, have to do 2 random dungeon queues to hit 53.

5+ Year Old Account
    I’ve just hit 56 and am starting Ardenweald now. I did do a couple of sides in Bastion - the ones that I found interesting, anyway - alongside the Necrotic Wake dungeon quest. I did nothing but the main story in Maldraxxus.

I did have to do the bounties from Hero’s rest to hit 53 to continue the Bastion Storyline however.
    Last edited by bitterwinter; 2020-11-25 at 03:49 AM.

i did bastion plus most side quest and starting maldraxis and im 56 but i did all the exploration of bastion and farmed alote for the ore
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Followed Azeroth Auto Pilot and only had War Mode active for 2 of the zones, was 60 less than halfway through Revendreth. No idea how many "side quests" the addon gets you to do, i doubt it's much and it didn't feel like a lot, i even skipped all the bonus zones. Absolute worst case you'll be 59 by the time you've finished the campaign and you have to do 1-2 dungeons.

Anyone who says it's not enough to get close to 60 is bullshitting

No idea, but I'm already level 55 and I'm still in Bastion.