Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yes, it will. I am leveling only with story quests and skip all side quests and I am 57 and not finished with the nightfae. It's 3 lvl per zone roughly, without WM. Funny enough side-quests yield more XP than Story quests, but story quests are a lot faster/easier in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Why not...ONLY play the campaign quests...and if you still need levels...go back and do some quests in your favorite zone?

Why afraid?
    Nothing can go wrong...in fact, the only way to go wrong is do too much side quests and u end up having to do the campaign even at max level.

No?
    I skipped a fair amount of side quests in bastion, some in maldraxos and ardenweald. I did 1 random dungeon. I was in warmode for most of my leveling time. I hit 60 at the end of ardenweald. Have to finish the story quest line in Revendreth but also doing some side quests. I've played for a few hours a day since shadowlands launch.

I have enjoyed the story/quests for the most part and it's been fun testing out each of the covenant's abilities to better understand what I like and don't like. I suppose I'm technically "wasting time" at 60 doing the revendreth quests but really it doesn't take that long.

I watch a lot of tubers say there wasn't enough XP to get to max level but it's felt the opposite of that, plenty of XP. Maybe with warmode off and just being very strict about only doing campaign quests it could have been not enough? Doesn't seem like an issue to me though.

I suppose the faster you get to max level and finish the story the faster you can to spend more time in the maw though...think of the possibilities.

Kind of. You hit a wall at 57 and cant continue until you get 58. from 58 you'll finish with a couple hours of campaign left.