Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Legion raids legacy in Shadowlands

Hey all.
    Have Blizzard officially addressed the fact that legion raids still do not get the legacy damage buff?
    I've seen a few posts about it on the beta forums, but I've never seen Blizzard say anything about it.
    I've just assumed it's a bug, but build after build, and now 2 weeks to release, the problem is still there and as far as I can find, Blizzard hasn't said a word about it.

So yeah, have I missed a blue post about this issue anywhere, if so, can someone point me to it? Farming transmog from mythic legion raids is something I've been looking forward to, and I can't believe it's intentional to have the legacy buff inactive.

Honestly don't even like the buff. It further distorts your actual character power.

Is it needed once we're lvl 60?

Quote Originally Posted by valrchron View Post
    Hey all.
    Have Blizzard officially addressed the fact that legion raids still do not get the legacy damage buff?
    I've seen a few posts about it on the beta forums, but I've never seen Blizzard say anything about it.
    I've just assumed it's a bug, but build after build, and now 2 weeks to release, the problem is still there and as far as I can find, Blizzard hasn't said a word about it.

So yeah, have I missed a blue post about this issue anywhere, if so, can someone point me to it? Farming transmog from mythic legion raids is something I've been looking forward to, and I can't believe it's intentional to have the legacy buff inactive.
    Legacy never became active till you were 10+1 levels above the older content, so for Legion Raids it wouldn't yet be active, dont think itll be active till 51(121 in old scale), BFA Raids won't be legacy till 61 or next Xpac. The new scaling has messed stuff up so I personally wont expect Legacy buff to kick in till 51 which would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    Legacy never became active till you were 10+1 levels above the older content, so for Legion Raids it wouldn't yet be active, dont think itll be active till 51(121 in old scale), BFA Raids won't be legacy till 61 or next Xpac. The new scaling has messed stuff up so I personally wont expect Legacy buff to kick in till 51 which would make sense.
    Yeah, I always looked at it like, the expansion before the previous one is when content becomes Legacy so even like that it makes sense.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    actually it is sort of Legacy - the loot rules were changed in 8.3 for Legion so you get Legacy loot (5 pieces per raid boss instead of maybe 1). Damage wise I am not actually sure, I mean I kill normal and heroic Gul'dan at the same speed I did before the prepatch hit so I am assuming the Legion raids got squished too?

I'm well aware
    I'm talking about the beta, where the legacy buff isn't active even for lvl 60's which is more than 10+1.
    That's what has me worried, that in the latest beta build, about 2 weeks before release, the legacy buff is nowhere to be seen for lvl 51-60 in legion raids, and I haven't heard a word about it from Blizzard.

Legion has legacy loot active but the difference in damage you deal to creatures won't increase until your power increases.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    With scheduled weekly maintenance the week of March 31, we’re enabling Legacy loot rules in Legion raids and dungeons.

We’re reached that point in an expansion where the content from the previous expansion no longer requires a full group, and the rewards are primarily sought by transmog collectors. With this change, Legion raid and dungeon encounters will drop a fixed quantity of class-agnostic loot. Today, if you and one other player enter Emerald Nightmare on Mythic difficulty and kill Nythendra, it’s unlikely that you’ll receive any loot, since drop rates normally scale to the number of players. After this change, Nythendra will always drop 5 items from her loot table, regardless of your group size.

Dungeons and many of the lower-difficulty raid bosses in Legion are already soloable by well-equipped Battle for Azeroth characters, though some bosses, especially on Mythic difficulty, may still require you to bring a few friends. Nonetheless, this should amount to a great increase in the availability of Legion transmog gear.

See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by valrchron View Post
    I'm well aware
    I'm talking about the beta, where the legacy buff isn't active even for lvl 60's which is more than 10+1.
    That's what has me worried, that in the latest beta build, about 2 weeks before release, the legacy buff is nowhere to be seen for lvl 51-60 in legion raids, and I haven't heard a word about it from Blizzard.
    I doubt they would bother activating it on beta, they dont need you to test the legacy buff in old content, they want you focusing on the new SL stuff.

They also havent activated it on PTR for much the same reason, PTR is focused on Pre-Patch so no reason to activate the buff there.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand doesn't Legion class as being Level 45 with the squish, so legacy damage should kick in at 56? I uninstalled Beta but does anyone want to test with a premade?
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by carenlm View Post
    Honestly don't even like the buff. It further distorts your actual character power.
    Ok I'm asking this legitimately. Why does character power matter AT ALL if you're just raiding old content for transmog?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ok I'm asking this legitimately. Why does character power matter AT ALL if you're just raiding old content for transmog?
    if it doesn't then why do you need the legacy buff?

To make it fast and soloable?

Or you know.. Answer the question instead of deflecting? Or would that be to confronting to answer, because he's right?

i had tried this on beta, my lvl 50 live character could do the same in beta as we can currently on live, since i haven't had the time to level up to 60 yet i made a premade and i went into mythic EN to give it a test, i couldn't even get the first boss past 90% before getting MC'd by the mechanics.i'm guessing that with soulbinds and covenant abilities it would be possible, then again take this with a grain of salt as something like this had happened before a few expansions ago, blizz will more than likely add a quick patch that allows us to go into legion raids and take them down with easy like we're currently doing with WOD raids and below

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait until they remove this bug that is the x100 damage in old raids, what kind of joke it has been since it's been around since wod.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Or you know.. Answer the question instead of deflecting? Or would that be to confronting to answer, because he's right?
    I did answer it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    To make it fast and soloable?
    Which means that character power matters. Without enough character power you can't solo it.

It's old content and should be capable of being solo'd. There is NO REASON for people to require a full raid team for a raid two expansions ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I can't wait until they remove this bug that is the x100 damage in old raids, what kind of joke it has been since it's been around since wod.
    What do you think is wrong with it, and how could it be better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    What do you think is wrong with it, and how could it be better?
    scale the mobs in it down relative to the various game squishes that happened and let the new levels/spells/gear/features handle the ability to solo old content, like it worked before, seeing damage multiplied by xxxx makes no sense, it's clunky and unworthy of a polished game.

you don't get to see, experience and enjoy your newly acquired power anymore, because of this lazy hack, I thought it was a bug at some point. regardless of what you acquire in the new expansion you one shot everything. yikes...
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-11-08 at 07:12 PM.