Question about the Anima Drought

So I was under the impression the drought was because the Arbiter is in a coma so all the dead are going into the Maw.

However while leveling in Revendreath you go into Castle Nathira and find huge stores of anima and the Accuser starts refering it to the 'drought' like there's not a real drought and it's just denathrius hoarding all the Anima.

So I'm a little confused to what is causing the drought. Or is it a bit of both?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Denathrius is the cause of the drought in Revendreth. This is because Revendreth takes anima from the souls within, and they had souls within Revendreth even as the Arbiter stopped sending souls there. So they did still have a source of Anima, even if it was much more limited than before.

Denathrius however, was working WITH the Jailer, and keeping all that anima to then deliver into the Maw for the Jailer. He was still not receiving any new souls from which to get Anima - But that didn't stop him from taking anima from the souls already there. He just refused to use it for Revendreth, as it was supposed to be used, causing the same drought as everywhere else despite ways that they could have worked around it.
    So it's a little of both. The Shadowlands wide drought is from the Arbiter and Denathrius is just worsening Revendreth ability to weather the storm so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Correct; I was adding a TL;DR that said pretty much that as you responded.
    Awesome thanks. Thanks thought I missed a beat while leveling!

if you have watched the zone cinematics/animations, you would have see that they have proudful souls who refuse to repent (cough garrosh cough) from which they can drain anima from