Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Did I say so? No I did not so chill. Loot has always been tied to bosses and change would be very unnecessary as this is a short term problem but the solution like that would be affecting the game forever more.
    Yes you did. You said it would be a Harsh change to have you Complete a Dungeon.

The Problem people leaving Groups after Certain Bosses is always there, now its just more Noticable.

Later in the Expansion it would be even worse, while not as often. Because there are less people who queue up. And those who "Fill in" the dungeon get a shorter stick aswell.

The Solution only affects people who dont intend to finish the Dungeon in the First place. And again, with the mere existance of the Dungeon Deserter, its intended behaviour to finish dungeons. So, its a non Issue for everyone who plays by the Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think you're just trying to paint someone you disagree with has much of a villain as possible. Trying to tie some moral litmus to this is downright foolish. But i look forward to seeing your research on the matter.
    You're right, I've made a slightly extreme example here. The problem is that other people are suffering due to other selfishness (like due to the guy's that sounded proud that he left dungeon 11 times in a row).

I'm a tank so this doesn't affect me much but it would be more healthy if people would consider others needs/time not only their own. Real things happen, I wouldn't say a bad word of a person that suddenly has rl things to care of. Although if possible they should plan their playing time in the way that doesn't disrupt other people experience.

Anonymity makes people do selfish things without the care for others. More news at 11.

This is why realm transfers, name changes, fast leveling, character boosts and cross-realm grouping all come with severe drawbacks in any MMORPG. If it was up to me we'd have none of them, but luckily for most of you I'm not a game designer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes people leave for any reason like "Noob group" or sometimes one wipe and thats too much.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

As a tank, I need ToP to get my recipe but vow not to leave after xev

I’ve started kicking rogues immediately out of the group because they’re all dirt bags who leave after the first boss. I’ve even kept a list of quitters as to remember them for all time on my personal blacklist.

I suggest fellow tanks do the same, if you see a rogue in your group in ToP, don’t pull anything and wait the 2 min to vote kick

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    They prob shouldve kept the legendary recipes to be on the all final bosses if they had to be on dungeons IMO
    Yeah, I bet we'll see a hotfix soon from Bliz to do just this. Similar to the one they added awhile back to not get credit for the dungeon quest until you also kill the last boss. They'll probably just change the recipes to only all drop off last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Yes putting your self above others and negatively impacting them for minimum gain is toxic, always has been.
    it's not minimum gain. I'm saving 20+ minutes of my time by not running the rest of the dungeon as there's nothing for me to be gained there, while arguably wasting 10 minutes (if I'm tank) of 4 strangers' time at most. In heroic it's totally viable for the group to continue clearing trash without a tank up until the next boss. If a DPS leaves, they get replaced pretty much instantly and a group without DPS can continue the run while waiting for a replacement without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    it's not minimum gain. I'm saving 20+ minutes of my time by not running the rest of the dungeon as there's nothing for me to be gained there, while arguably wasting 10 minutes (if I'm tank) of 4 strangers' time at most. In heroic it's totally viable for the group to continue clearing trash without a tank up until the next boss. If a DPS leaves, they get replaced pretty much instantly and a group without DPS can continue the run while waiting for a replacement without any issues.
    And what about the waste of time of the people who join after you in the Started Dungeon who need the same boss as you?

Its a dick move, no matter how you spin it. Theres a reason there is a Punishment for leaving the Dungeon early.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Yes you did. You said it would be a Harsh change to have you Complete a Dungeon.

The Problem people leaving Groups after Certain Bosses is always there, now its just more Noticable.

Later in the Expansion it would be even worse, while not as often. Because there are less people who queue up. And those who "Fill in" the dungeon get a shorter stick aswell.

The Solution only affects people who dont intend to finish the Dungeon in the First place. And again, with the mere existance of the Dungeon Deserter, its intended behaviour to finish dungeons. So, its a non Issue for everyone who plays by the Rules.
    What I mean by harsh is that this solution is like installing central heating because there is one cold week in a year. And then continue heating the house even if the temperature outside is 30 degrees in C

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Nah, definitely blaming you. Because it's your fault that you are selfish, not Blizzard's.

You could have made a farm run for that boss, but you didn't want to do that - You wanted to ruin a full run by leaving mid-dungeon. That's your fault.
    We had a farm grp the day prior of the same armor type so it had 5 chances to drop, we did 3 Heroics and 1 Mythic0 an thats not even including the other 8 days of on an off full clear targeting the item. Yesterday after another 7 trips of not seeing it I had had enough. Averaging 8 targets a day for the past 3 days is a bit extreme.

Did I expect the item on run 1, nope. Did I expect it to take this long and at these extremes, nope. Not my fault, not my design or my decisions. That my friend is Blizzards..

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If you queue for a dungeon, then you do the fucking dungeon. The entire thing. Bitching out cause you killed the boss you needed should be a bannable offense. Make it so no one gets loot until the end.
    bannable offense, wow you will be lonely before long if you want a game where such a thing is bannable xD

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    Selfish little boy.
    Incorrect

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I was wondering why people were thanking me profusely in a few dungeons when I queued up as a tank. I'm not the most communicative person in pugs, but there were quite a few times in party chat or whispers people where people would be like "thanks, bro" or "OMG you stayed in" and I would reply with bemused "Um, you're welcome" or what have you. When I queue for something I generally stick it out unless the group is simply unable to do the content (I generally throw in the towel at 4+ wipes with no real progress evident). Especially when you're a tank and healer, it really sucks for 3-4 other people to have to wait for someone else in the queue, but that's just my $0.02.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    As a tank, I need ToP to get my recipe but vow not to leave after xev

I’ve started kicking rogues immediately out of the group because they’re all dirt bags who leave after the first boss. I’ve even kept a list of quitters as to remember them for all time on my personal blacklist.

I suggest fellow tanks do the same, if you see a rogue in your group in ToP, don’t pull anything and wait the 2 min to vote kick
    Cool and normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The obvious solution is to put them on the last boss and Blizzard knows this but the more time people spend in game waiting to replace that tank/healer the better their metrics look.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What kind of argument is just throwing insults. Normal people accept they were proven wrong and move on. I would also like to see your source that says that doctors are not leaver cunts. Using common sense I would suggest that they would be high "offenders" as the average doctor normally has less time available for leisure. Proof me wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because there's nothing else to do. You can sit there for hours and not find a group. Leave classic out of this

- - - Updated - - -

This is probably the best solution so far. It still gives the player the option to leave but it also gives some real Incentive to stay. Will work especially well for first boss drops. Stay debuffed for 10 more mins or kill a couple of bosses to get tokens just in case you're really unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

So your solution to avoid leavers and waiting for replacements is to kick them so you have to wait for replacements...
    Glad you like it, feel free to share it anywhere as s suggestion.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Nah, definitely blaming you. Because it's your fault that you are selfish, not Blizzard's.

You could have made a farm run for that boss, but you didn't want to do that - You wanted to ruin a full run by leaving mid-dungeon. That's your fault.

I would not only expect people who are going to drop to say it, but I wouldn't invite people who weren't planning to stay until the final boss in the first place. My run isn't for you, it's for the group, and if you aren't a team player then you aren't part of my group. Simple.

If it was a run I was making specifically for one boss for myself, I'd simply make sure people joining know I'm going after that one boss and nothing else.
    If you are manually making the run, you have a right to be mildly annoyed if someone drops as that causes you to have to find someone and then go summons. If you are using LFG tool, you got no right to complain. You don't know why the people are joining the que, they made no commitment to you and you don't have to find anyone or go summons.

Do you get equally mad when folks drop out of LFR after the boss they want too?

This simply isn't true. It's a bad take [...]
    The point of that story is: You aren't expected to get BiS. Nobody is.[...]
    Feel free to read the part where I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    And what about the likes of myself, who wants to play optimally in the limited time they have so I can actually just be viable in PvP?

FWIW, in this day and age, we are expected to get "BiS" (or in what we're actually talking about, a single massive upgrade that everyone is balanced around having, especially when it means the difference between being even CLOSE to viable in PvP. You're at a massive disadvantage without them, same as the likes of Dresti through BfA and even currently as it's still that strong.

And don't pretend you feel bad about it as you continue doing it. The extra 10 or so mins to complete the dungeon would alleviate your 'bad feeling' about it, but that's apparently too much to ask of you.
    10 minutes of my time (more likely 20 but w/e), potentially upwards of 70 times because as you said, RNG is a bitch. That's another potential 11 hours. But sure. I should repeat the same dungeon for a day straight, not counting queues and downtime, because of Blizzard's bad planning and your need to feel good about yourself in shitty normal dungeons.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2020-12-04 at 08:07 PM.

This is what happens when you put legendary powers that drop from dungeon bosses.It blows my mind that blizzard never thinks or cares about this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Yes putting your self above others and negatively impacting them for minimum gain is toxic, always has been.
    On the other hand, demanding access to other people's time with no benefit to them is also toxic. People aren't owed other people's time and for many of the instances in which people leave they could be looking at gains of 10 to 20 minutes by leaving, which is not insignificant over the course of the entire grind. The problem is not players acting in their own self interest, that's just a symptom of the problem, but Blizzard incentivizing this behaviour by adding Legendary recipes to bosses that aren't the final boss.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Imagine playing in BC, and having someone leave group because the boss got them enough badges to go get gear off a vendor.

Seriously. People still think this will EVVVVVER stop.

Here's an idea..... you know how dungeons get put on CD, etc if you leave a LFG, etc. just put the player in a purgatory island that only lets them do things to get out of it. Like make them farm shit and it immediately gets put on the AH and all profits go to the guild's bank of those members they left.

If they can put a CD on you going back into a dungeon surely they can put a CD on you going back to open world after leaving it.