Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Find it hard to believe, but sure we're still very early on. I find that I do very, very low dmg and my pet dies in almost every fight.
    I think i found (one of) your problem: look up some BM hunter guides if you have A pet, and not petS

Also open your Spell Book (S button) and right-click-drag the "Mend Pet" spell on your spell bar. It helps if you bound it to a keybutton.

MM is S tier and BM is A+ tier currently
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2020-12-04 at 07:24 AM.

Out of curiosity, when you say your pet dies in every fight, is that for solo content? If so, can you tell me what pet you're using? Also, what covenant did you pick?

As someone who has been a dedicated fan of the BM Spec since I began playing Hunter back in Cata - (Yet who still has played a decent bit of MM Due to being a Mythic raider up til the previous expansion where MM in many cases was a "must play" due to how it beat BM over the course of the last 5 expansions) - I can say that I get where OP is coming from but it's mostly a "Skill feel" thing atm.

Say for AoE / Cleave. I pretty much always manage to maintain Beast Cleave while having 3 Stacks of Frenzy - Making sure my pets are positioned as centralized as possible within a pack of mobs, I even got the Soulforged Embers legendary now yet MM consistently thwomps me. But we need look no fufther than the numbers.

On my Ilvl 182 BM Hunter with the following stats: 1045 Agi, 26,31% Crit, 9,76% Haste, 3,58% Versa and 31,87% Mastery (Yes, I know the mastery is high, I want more haste but I do not decide what pieces of loot I get) - I usually maintain an average of 5,1K DPS on a pack of 5 mobs if I get to maintain Beast Cleave and 3 Stacks of Frenzy in addition to weaving in the Soulforged Embers effect and Cobra Shots to not focus cap as for BM; You can't ever really replace Cobra Shot with Multishot atm. Maintaining 3 Stacks of Frenzy for me atm (Most likely due to the low haste?) Demands that I get at least 1 proc of Wild Call now and then seen as in order to not cap on focus, not crash into the GCds but still try to keep a 100% upkeep; Even perfectly clipping my Frenzy Shots at 0.5 seconds wont maintain 3 stacks until BW comes of CD again without at least ONE proc.

Then we roll over to MM (Same stats and gear except the Mastery plummets to 10.48% due to what I assume is individual spec stat-scaling?) while maintaining MM's AoE rotation which is significantly easier; Never cats Aimed or Rapid without Trick Shot active, Double Tap those Rapid Fire's whenever you can, utilize the advantages you get with Volley and Trueshot while also factoring in the benefits of just being able to lob in an Explosive Shot while also having the talent Streamline just... Exist as a sort of free bonus? Oh yeah your Multi Shot replaces Arcane shot, so we have that over BM. Weaving in the Soulforged Embers as MM is something which does not even break a sweat. And here we are with a solid 6'1K average DPS on 5 targets.

The issue is really not that BM is "bad" - It's just that for double the work; they still do less damage than the MM; and that does indeed FEEL bad - but it isn't that bad. I will stick to BM regardless since it's fun to play and working to maintain that perfect upkeep on everything is sure as hell more fun than halfway falling asleep as I play the tacked on "Pretend like Focus is a resource you need to properly manage" minigame which MM currently has going for them.

I did NOT include the power of covenant abilities in this. Nor did I have any external buffs or enchants.

Edit: For this test I also equipped the latest Soulbind I had gotten which I have yet to activated anything on. So Soulbdind had 0 to do with this as well, this was ment as a PURE Spec comparison.
    Last edited by Rexxgrim; 2020-12-04 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Mention of Soulbinds

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not, but hey this thread derailed with pointless flaming so i'll abandon it now. My ignorelist just got even bigger so there's that.
    I'm going to guess I'm one of those on the ignore list as I've asked you about 3 or 4 times now what your covenant, soulbind, and armory link is so me (and the rest of those in this thread) can see where the problem is since you insist its the CLASS not YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Also open your Spell Book (S button) and right-click-drag the "Mend Pet" spell on your spell bar. It helps if you bound it to a keybutton.
    Default button for the spellbook is actually P not S. S is one of the directional movement keys by default. But it is the second icon from the left when you're looking at your UI and right next to the character sheet icon. It happens to look like a brown book that you can open and read not to be confused with the adventure guide which is the red book on the same row.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Default button for the spellbook is actually P not S. S is one of the directional movement keys by default. But it is the second icon from the left when you're looking at your UI and right next to the character sheet icon. It happens to look like a brown book that you can open and read not to be confused with the adventure guide which is the red book on the same row.
    Thank you so much, you saved my whole WoW career. I rebinded my S button and now i can finally backpadall! So much easier to see the game and mechanics too when your spellbook doesn't cover half your screen permanently! Thank you again! (ps: yeaaah, you are right, my bad, i don't use WASD and forgot about that)

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxgrim View Post
    Say for AoE / Cleave. I pretty much always manage to maintain Beast Cleave while having 3 Stacks of Frenzy
    how exactly are you managing to maintain 3 stacks of frenzy at this point in time?

Quote Originally Posted by dread05 View Post
    how exactly are you managing to maintain 3 stacks of frenzy at this point in time?
    I open by using the 2 Frenzy Shots I have, then I use BW to get 2 more stacks, apply the third. Then I just hold out for as long as I can and make sure not to screw myself over with the GCD to frefresh Frenzy when it has less than a second left. But as I said: I still need ONE Wild Call proc minimum to maintain the 3 stack til BW is off CD again.

Lots of attempted insults and it's doing nothing but boring me tbh. BM is weak, period. Sure I might be undergeared, but doesnt change the fact. MM is probably stronger, but then again MM has no survivability compared to BM (despite BM got rapenerfed) and it will just be more frustrating.

Inb4 more replies saying "Did you repair your gear? Do you have all spells out" etc. Yawn.
    Mate it’s hard to take you seriously when you say things like “BM got rapenerfed”... do you play other dps classes?

BM got really great single target damage and is also doing well in AOE/Cleave. MM is just better but that doesn’t make BM bad.

And BM still got some of the best survivability in solo content in the game. So if you think that you’re squishy then it’s definitely not an issue with the spec.

All classes and specs are much more squishy in the beginning of Shadowlands compared to the end of BFA. But BM is no where near the bottom so all your complaining makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not, but hey this thread derailed with pointless flaming so i'll abandon it now. My ignorelist just got even bigger so there's that.
    Mate I’m not trying to be rude, but you’re are also to blame for the flaming. You make a thread where you call one of the overall best specs in the game absolutely worthless... what did you expect? Sure BM might do worse dps than MM in AOE but BM is an amazing spec that you can do well with in almost all scenarios. And it is absolutely not squishy in open world content compared to other specs.

To be completely honest, based on what you write in this thread I really doubt that you know BM exceptionally well. You might think that you do. But if you have a hard time doing normal WQs then it is definitely a significant lack of skill/knowledge that we are talking about.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-12-04 at 09:22 AM.

Well, MM is better imho (at least I'm getting better numbers and I'm pretty bad at BFA-era MM)

But I started as BM and I was holding up okaish with other DPS specs in Mythic dungeons. Boss performance was a bit underwhelming for me.

But damn, that amount of self heal you get from healing your Ferocity pets is so awesome, a permanent 800+ish tick every other second for yourself is really nice. Since you have globals to spare, it's free too. Stand in whatever healing field your healer has (if available) and you basically never need any healing.
    And it scales with itemlevel too so it should remain constant.

I kinda wish I had that as MM.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-04 at 09:24 AM.

BM was like this at the start of BFA as well. You're a pet buffing machine. It feels bad at lower gear levels. Almost no instant burst apart from the night fae thing.

Fixes itself in the first raid tier.

At least BM. It's so weak its not fun to play and i'm therefor leaning towards unsub. I struggle doing normal WQs, I lose almost all 1v1 wpvp, in BG's im basically a critter.

This coming from someone who knows the spec inside out, and with "decent" gear (including BiS 190ilvl wep).

Those of you who switched over to MM, tell me your experience. I have a bunch of alt, but this is my main and considering the unbelivably slow grind with covenants, the maw etc, I will not play alts in this expansion.

Oh no, My spec isn't the 2nd best spec in the game anymore, my spec is soo weak!11

Both BM and Marksmanship are good.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
    Motherboard: X570 AORUS PRO
    Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD XT 360mm AIO
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    SSD: WD BLACK SN850X 1TB PCI-E 4.0 M.2
    GPU: Powercolor Hellhound Radeon RX 7900 XTX

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huntera do crazy damage in dungeons atm.. ikt what the issue is, but they realy dont seem bad at all.

I mean mm can sorta oneshot people lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AntenoraDK View Post
    Oh no, My spec isn't the 2nd best spec in the game anymore, my spec is soo weak!11

Both BM and Marksmanship are good.
    This all seems like a salty thread now...

Nothing wrong with either hunter spec. And the pets are not weak; they can tank L3 Torghast boss for you or take many mobs at once while you spam AOE like Wild Hunt/Volley/Multi Shot. In PVP they might die a bit fast but so do the players so it's whatever.
    Last edited by Thes; 2020-12-04 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Huntera do crazy damage in dungeons atm.. ikt what the issue is, but they realy dont seem bad at all.

I mean mm can sorta oneshot people lol.

- - - Updated - - -

This all seems like a salty thread now...
    It’s just a stupid thread...

The choice between BM and MM is the choice between being amazing or fantastic. Both ranged hunter specs are more than viable right now so a thread like this is just absurd.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you even talking about? I play BM and I literally destroy pretty much everything. Only mobs that take some time to kill are the harder rare elites (non raid group bosses) but man, even killed Famu together with a SP. We were the only ones. Pet died a couple of times, but was no issue getting him up in time.
    I'm not super geared either, avg ilvl of 160 atm. 190wep tho. No I'm not trolling you. I legit have zero issues and feel incredibly strong.

Hunter is up there with sub rogue and shadow priest for being the current most disgusting pvp classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Hunter is up there with sub rogue and shadow priest for being the current most disgusting pvp classes.
    Damn, then I'm only missing a rogue from my level 60 characters roster
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    As usual, wait until first baseline gears arrive before you jump into conclusions.
    And balance tuning...

3+ Year Old Account
    This is the most delusional post i read lately, bm useless??? They among the best performing spec rn
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It’s just a stupid thread...

The choice between BM and MM is the choice between being amazing or fantastic. Both ranged hunter specs are more than viable right now so a thread like this is just absurd.
    Thats what I though as well. I havent lvld one myself, but every mythic grp there is a hunter and top the damage metets. So there is that.

MM and BM hunters are tearing shit up right now. currently the issue cant be the spec, has to be the player.